Thread: I Do Not Believe Labor Has Adequate Representation In Our Government.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default I Do Not Believe Labor Has Adequate Representation In Our Government.

I Don't Believe Labor Has Adequate Representation In Our Government.

Very simple logic here:

During the course of history in our nation, capitalists have flourished, but labor has not.

Money = power.

Management and Ownership of Business have lots of money.

Labor does not.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread, check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

There is no Ban List for this thread, as we are now in the Above Plain Politics Forum. Everyone who is allowed to comment here may do so, but of course, must observe the standards of this Forum. Anyone from my usual Ban List may post, but naturally, I will only read respond to those whom have a history of being cordial to me previously.

The vast resources of Capitalists buys them outsized influence over our government.

Labor lacks matching resources, and thus lacks equal representation in government.

Our government, as a result of this imbalance of power, favors capitalists over workers. The greedier the capitalists are, the more favor they accrue.

As a result of this, wealth inequality has grown to epic proportions, and continues to grow. The more wealth capitalists accrue, the more their power grows.

I do not believe this is what our founders intended. Maybe we should correct that, and change our entire approach to government.

Should The United States Constitution be amended to rectify this?

Should we also study other nation's structure, and also consider whether government should change the basic structure of Large Corporations to require proportional representation of Labor on Corporate Boards?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Tbird19482 (01-16-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Governments in capitalist states are the central committees of the local boss class, and exist to serve their interests, unfortunately. If you want to change that you are every kind of devil, denounced by their media. Happy days!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-17-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,786 Times in 32,152 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

During the course of history in our nation, capitalists have flourished, but labor has not.
    why do you believe they are opposites?.......working for a wage to obtain the money for what you want to accomplish is a microcosm of capitalism........the opposite of capitalism would be sitting at home expecting the government to support you......

Labor lacks matching resources, and thus lacks equal representation in government.
    here in Michigan the historical foundation of state politics is the power of unions........

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

For a while we had strong unions.

Big money didn't like that.

Labor unions fought big money and big money won.

America is deep in a Class War and the Rich Class won.

But they aren't happy with winning.

So they have to STICK IT TO YOU more and more.

You can't give in with them.

There is no saying OK enough I give up.

They are relentless and they will bleed you for all they can.

Until we rise up together. Liberals and conservatives alike.

Stop believing their BS.

Stand WITH the 99%.

Stand up AGAINST people like Trump.

Let's hope we DON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

iolo (01-18-2019)