Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'How This All Happened'

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Dependent on a person's level of interest and the sites and books they read one can say these are the best of times or the worst of times. Of course most people live busy lives and can pay attention to only so much. That fact is a plus for propaganda as money, especially dark money, can spread their ideas more easily. The site linked after this piece does a good job of reviewing economic info. The quoted piece is the negative, but the article is high praise for ???

"But the Trump administration's economic agenda has also revealed a second and more significant point: Economic growth alone—however beneficial, however necessary—is unlikely to address some of the biggest challenges that the American economy faces in the 21st century. As Republicans tout the soaring stock market, growing economy, and low unemployment rate, their rhetoric has become disconnected from the experiences of many Americans. The GOP would do well to pay attention to its constituents, lest it find itself flat-footed come the next election.

Economic growth alone is unlikely to alleviate pressure on American workers, especially those with fewer skills. Real wages have more or less stayed flat for all but the highest earners since 1970 (though the post-tax income of families has risen through government and employee benefits). An increasingly large share of prime-age men and women have decided to leave the labor force entirely, whether it's because their jobs have been eliminated by trade or automation, or the benefits of work simply no longer outweigh the costs. To be sure, economic growth helps to boost work and wages, but the pressure on low-wage American workers has persisted for decades—through boom and bust—and is likely to continue."

Repartee here: http://rustbeltphilosophy.blogspot.c...k-why-not.html
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

The Koch Brothers' "Dark Money" | Jane Mayer

Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire