Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Trump humiliates Clemson Tigers w/burgers ~ NFL super star ponies up lobsters

1. #61 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    We don't pay for their food, Presidents pay for their own food. So, it wasn't our tax dollars that he used to give "kids" Big Macs, et al.
    They pay for their own food but I'm pretty sure they have a budget for entertaining.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

2. #62 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,697 Times in 16,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,438 Times in 1,360 Posts
    Blog Entries

See? this is working out nicely for the team...they're going to get all kinds of extras... (if Strahan does lobsters for the team, I'd love to see the bill...No single lobster tail for those guys...unless you want them to leave hungry and have to stop off at McDonald's on the way home..plus, he'll have to fly them out
    Last edited by TOP; 01-16-2019 at 05:48 AM.

3. #63 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Yes... for several football games and to see my niece who graduated in accounting.
    Of course you have

4. #64 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    Of course you have
    Haven't you ever gone to college football games?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

5. #65 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Haven't you ever gone to college football games?
    I have...why?

6. #66 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I have...why?
    My family is partial to Auburn, Ga Tech and SC Gamecocks.. My husband's family are partial to UGA and Clemson so we've been to a lot of games over the years.

7. #67 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

My family is partial to Auburn, Ga Tech and SC Gamecocks.. My husband's family are partial to UGA and Clemson so we've been to a lot of games over the years.
    Of course You're an alum of which one?

8. #68 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    The Clemson Football team has had their burger buffet and pizza at the White House Monday, thanks again President Trump, and now might get a second dinner for winning their second national championship in the last three seasons.

Pro Football Hall-of-Famer and Good Morning America host Michael Strahan has invited Clemson for another feast for the champions of college football.

"I personally would like to invite the Clemson Football team here for a great meal," Strahan said Tuesday on GMA Day. "Come out here, whoever can make it. We will have lobster. Whatever you want. We gonna take care of you. We gonna give you the proper meal that you deserve because that was one great game, a great accomplishment. We thought what we could give them; I thought lobster was great. It's out of my pocket. I got you guys. I'll pay for it. No problem. Those guys deserve it. Congratulations."

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Form...#ixzz5cj7vjHl8
    The only ones complaining about the food are the lefties that hate Trump. Seems the Clemson players/coaches had no problem with it and they, not some gap toothed whiner, are the only ones that matter. Just another example of a left winger thinking they know more about what someone should do than those doing it.

9. #69 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    What did Obama serve the players?
    You tell us Asshole!

We aren't here to educate you!

10. #70 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,098 Times in 7,521 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,106 Times in 1,051 Posts

Trump is an asshole, and his "meal" was a disgrace.

Despite my remaining resentment about the Giants ruining our perfect 2007 season, kudos to Mr. Strahan for showing up the criminal president.
    The diseased orangutan and his 63,000,00 pathetic sycophants deserve nothing but contempt.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

Mason Michaels (01-16-2019)

12. #71 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

13. #72 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Trump is notoriously cheap, look at that raccoon pelt Melanie wears around

14. #73 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

They pay for their own food but I'm pretty sure they have a budget for entertaining.
    Nope. Part of the reason the Clintons actually owed money when they left, before their book deals paid all of it and more, is they pay for things like hourly wages for waiters, cleanup crews, etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/polit...ebt/index.html

I'm not sure this Clemson thing was a private party (which they would pay for), but at this time the money for some employees at the WH is part of the shut down. Now, if Trump is a Billionaire he should be able to afford better catering for appearances, but this party likely came directly from his pockets.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

anatta (01-16-2019), kudzu (01-16-2019), TOP (01-16-2019)

16. #74 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    Nope. Part of the reason the Clintons actually owed money when they left, before their book deals paid all of it and more, is they pay for things like hourly wages for waiters, cleanup crews, etc.

https://www.cnn.com/2014/06/10/polit...ebt/index.html

I'm not sure this Clemson thing was a private party (which they would pay for), but at this time the money for some employees at the WH is part of the shut down. Now, if Trump is a Billionaire he should be able to afford better catering for appearances, but this party likely came directly from his pockets.
    Salary and Benefits

Salary
    The salary for the president is set by law. The 2018 salary for the president is $400,000. This salary is double the amount paid to the president before 1999, when the law was amended. George Bush was the first president to receive the increased salary, up from $200,000. Presidential salaries have been raised periodically throughout the history of the country, with our first president, George Washington, receiving $25,000. The president's salary is taxable income, just like the paycheck of every other American.

Key Benefits
    The governing law on presidential compensation provides her with a $50,000 expense account per year that is not taxed.

The president also receives an untaxed annual allowance of $100,000 for travel expenses and an entertainment allowance of $19,000.

The president and family live in the White House and don't pay rent or the electric bill, but they are billed monthly for their own food and personal expenses such as dry cleaning. The president has unlimited access to the Camp David property owned by the United States.

continued

https://www.sapling.com/7758309/pres...alary-benefits

Doesn't seem like enough to me.

17. #75 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,621 Times in 10,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Salary and Benefits

Salary
    The salary for the president is set by law. The 2018 salary for the president is $400,000. This salary is double the amount paid to the president before 1999, when the law was amended. George Bush was the first president to receive the increased salary, up from $200,000. Presidential salaries have been raised periodically throughout the history of the country, with our first president, George Washington, receiving $25,000. The president's salary is taxable income, just like the paycheck of every other American.

Key Benefits
    The governing law on presidential compensation provides her with a $50,000 expense account per year that is not taxed.

The president also receives an untaxed annual allowance of $100,000 for travel expenses and an entertainment allowance of $19,000.

The president and family live in the White House and don't pay rent or the electric bill, but they are billed monthly for their own food and personal expenses such as dry cleaning. The president has unlimited access to the Camp David property owned by the United States.

continued

https://www.sapling.com/7758309/pres...alary-benefits

Doesn't seem like enough to me.
    You should also consider that Trump donates his salary. And yeah, $19K for entertaining isn't much considering what we expect from them. I'm still surprised that Trump, who wants to keep up appearances more than most, chose McDonald's and such for this.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Damocles For This Post:

TOP (01-16-2019)