1. #166 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello TOP,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    NOPE You're just unhappy they had a great time....
    So silly....
    Yeah, they they had a great time making fun of the President as they ate a cheap meal at the prestigious (not) McWhite House.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-15-2019), Phantasmal (01-15-2019)

3. #167 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I like junk food occasionally, most guys do.
    Jade Dragon has a thread on here where I sing the praises of Kraft macaroni and Cheese and Cap'n Crunch cereal.

To me, that is not the point.

Most 21 year old guys do not know how to cook, and are perfectly fine scarfing down some greasy, cheap, junk food.

But if you gave these dudes a choice between a Whopper, or prime steak and lobster, I think the choice for most would be a no brainer.

To me, it comes down to social etiquette. You do not, under any circumstances, serve guests at a formal social occasion Whoppers and Big Macs.

But it is not like Trump committed a crime against humanity.
    It is just funny to us because it is totally in keeping with Trump's personality as a sleaze ball, a person without class or taste, an utter moron devoid of social protocol. That's what makes it funny.
    I might agree with all of that had the guests been foreign dignitaries or some other group of more well heeled older adults, but these are guys who roll around in the mud and dirt.

They do macho ritualistic guy stuff like spitting in each other's mouths.

Feeding these guys McDonald's food is no big deal.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-15-2019)

5. #168 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I thought it was a kind of novel and uncharacteristically creative idea, myself.

Though, if it had been me, I would've had a WH staffer contact a team rep and have him/her ask the players if that would be OK with them first.
    Oh it was an original idea. And I can see the motivation for the idea from the one who paid for the meal. What the guy. With presidents like that, who needs Ronald McDonald?

This would be like going to the New York Yacht Club, and getting served pork-n-beans from a can.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2019)

7. #169 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

They do macho ritualistic guy stuff like spitting in each other's mouths.
    Only the gaye ones, which probably means about half of the team.

8. #170 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,661 Times in 16,589 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello TOP,

Yeah, they they had a great time making fun of the President as they ate a cheap meal at the prestigious (not) McWhite House.
    Did they? Do tell Did you enjoy hearing them sing?
    Last edited by TOP; 01-15-2019 at 02:10 PM.

9. #171 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I like junk food occasionally, most guys do.
    Jade Dragon has a thread on here where I sing the praises of Kraft macaroni and Cheese and Cap'n Crunch cereal.

To me, that is not the point.

Most 21 year old guys do not know how to cook, and are perfectly fine scarfing down some greasy, cheap, junk food.

But if you gave these dudes a choice between a Whopper, or prime steak and lobster, I think the choice for most would be a no brainer.

To me, it comes down to social etiquette. You do not, under any circumstances, serve guests at a formal social occasion Whoppers and Big Macs.

There is a time and place for whoppers and Kraft Mac and Cheese.

But it is not like Trump committed a crime against humanity.
    It is just funny to us because it is totally in keeping with Trump's personality as a sleaze ball, a person without class or taste, an utter moron devoid of social protocol. That's what makes it funny.
    It’s hilarious, but I did feel sorry for the guys who were probably expecting more pomp and circumstance, as Poli stated.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (01-15-2019)

11. #172 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

‘LOL...it wasa nice visit and a lovely program...
    What "pomp and circumstance" did they "expect"...and "miss"?
    ...ask Trevor Lawrence what he thought He plays for them I think
    Last edited by TOP; 01-15-2019 at 02:30 PM.

12. #173 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nomad,

There is no lettuce on Quarter Pounders and the lettuce on Big Macs is shredded, so there isn't much difference between freshly made a minute ago and thirty minutes ago.
    No. I am sorry. That is totally not true.

I have eaten my share of fast food. I can tell you from first hand experience, all Big Macs are not alike.

The good ones are freshly made, with the fresh ingredients prepared with care, and nicely arranged, then quickly wrapped and served. Best eaten immediately.

The ones that sit around under the heat lamp, or simply sit around on their own, get nasty quickly. The lettuce goes soft and soggy. Then it gets runny. And this wilting lettuce juice comes out that permeates the sandwich, making it nearly disgusting. Best in that case to deconstruct it, remove all the lettuce (a detailed job is a bit of effort as it is shredded) then reassemble and eat it. It will be mush by then, but it still rings the salt and fat bells, and the sauce is still there.

Even a fresh one can be bad, though. Good Big Macs are something of a rarity, if you've eaten many of them. They usually screw it up by assembling it wrong, but the worst thing they can do is put lettuce core in there. That is rancid. There is no good tasting lettuce core. Man, that stuff is BITTER! You know it right away when you bite into it. If you're young and poor, you eat it anyway. And you wish they had not screwed it up again. You hope the next bite is better. You tell yourself you're not going back there again, but you do if you don't have the time to figure out a better idea before you get hungry again.

The incorrect assembly is a nuisance. The sandwich is a good design and it mixes the flavors of the bun with the sauce and meat and cheese, and also the pickles, dehydrated onions, and lettuce. But if you get nothing but bun and lettuce in your first bite it can be kind of dry. Leaves you wondering where's the sauce? Then you realize it's all on the other side of the sandwich, running out onto your hand.

Or how about when they put all the pickle chips in one spot? They are supposed to distribute them evenly about the sandwich, so you get a little of everything in every bite. BUT NOOOOOO! LET's have ALL the pickles in ONE BITE! Yeah, That's what I wanted. I should have just ordered a pickle, right? NOT. Doesn't matter whatever else comes in that bite. All you are tasting is pickle.

Or how about that DRYYYYYY sandwich that just didn't get the whole squirt of sauce? Are you kidding me? What is a freaking Big Mac without the sauce? Come on! This isn't rocket science. It's a simple sandwich. You ought to be able to assemble it in your sleep. Oh, that's the problem. Half the workers don't give a hoot about what they are doing. They're not paid enough to.

I am proud to say I have not had a Big Mac for years. Maybe decades. I can't even remember the last specific time I had one. But I DO remember how bad a bad one can be. Just the thought that I may have already eaten my last Big Mac for life is a VERY GOOD thought. I would have to be pretty desperate. If I have eaten one in the last decade that had to be the case.

I have gone the other way, actually. I have an organic garden and have learned to cook food from scratch. I normally have a vegetarian breakfast. I eat a lot more fish and not so much red meat. And more vegetables. Wow. I never knew green beans could be so good. And hint: they are about the easiest things to grow. You can grow them in a windowsill and they don't need polenization, so you can grow them inside. Nothing like fresh green beans right off the vine. And who needs a garbage disposal? Learn to compost. Then you're recycling nutrients as you save energy. And getting better food. And that leads to healthy living, and clear thinking. Which allows me to see right through this fake President and his CHEAPSKATE idea.

13. #174 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    It’s hilarious, but I did feel sorry for the guys who were probably expecting more pomp and circumstance, as Poli stated.
    If they were big enough sissies that they'd let something like that make them feel sad and weepy, they shouldn't be football players to begin with.

Probably be better suited for band.

Or the cheerleader squad.

Drama club, maybe.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

14. The Following User Groans At Nomad For This Awful Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2019)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

16. #175 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,163 Times in 33,863 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,083 Times in 4,699 Posts
    Blog Entries

If they were big enough sissies that they'd let something like that make them feel sad and weepy, they shouldn't be football players to begin with.

Probably be better suited for band.

Or the cheerleader squad.

Drama club, maybe.
    nothing like sad stereotypes

17. #176 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

No complaints from the Tigers. That's all that maters. The End

18. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-15-2019)

19. #177 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Nomad,

No. I am sorry. That is totally not true.

I have eaten my share of fast food. I can tell you from first hand experience, all Big Macs are not alike.

The good ones are freshly made, with the fresh ingredients prepared with care, and nicely arranged, then quickly wrapped and served. Best eaten immediately.

The ones that sit around under the heat lamp, or simply sit around on their own, get nasty quickly. The lettuce goes soft and soggy. Then it gets runny. And this wilting lettuce juice comes out that permeates the sandwich, making it nearly disgusting. Best in that case to deconstruct it, remove all the lettuce (a detailed job is a bit of effort as it is shredded) then reassemble and eat it. It will be mush by then, but it still rings the salt and fat bells, and the sauce is still there.

Even a fresh one can be bad, though. Good Big Macs are something of a rarity, if you've eaten many of them. They usually screw it up by assembling it wrong, but the worst thing they can do is put lettuce core in there. That is rancid. There is no good tasting lettuce core. Man, that stuff is BITTER! You know it right away when you bite into it. If you're young and poor, you eat it anyway. And you wish they had not screwed it up again. You hope the next bite is better. You tell yourself you're not going back there again, but you do if you don't have the time to figure out a better idea before you get hungry again.

The incorrect assembly is a nuisance. The sandwich is a good design and it mixes the flavors of the bun with the sauce and meat and cheese, and also the pickles, dehydrated onions, and lettuce. But if you get nothing but bun and lettuce in your first bite it can be kind of dry. Leaves you wondering where's the sauce? Then you realize it's all on the other side of the sandwich, running out onto your hand.

Or how about when they put all the pickle chips in one spot? They are supposed to distribute them evenly about the sandwich, so you get a little of everything in every bite. BUT NOOOOOO! LET's have ALL the pickles in ONE BITE! Yeah, That's what I wanted. I should have just ordered a pickle, right? NOT. Doesn't matter whatever else comes in that bite. All you are tasting is pickle.

Or how about that DRYYYYYY sandwich that just didn't get the whole squirt of sauce? Are you kidding me? What is a freaking Big Mac without the sauce? Come on! This isn't rocket science. It's a simple sandwich. You ought to be able to assemble it in your sleep. Oh, that's the problem. Half the workers don't give a hoot about what they are doing. They're not paid enough to.

I am proud to say I have not had a Big Mac for years. Maybe decades. I can't even remember the last specific time I had one. But I DO remember how bad a bad one can be. Just the thought that I may have already eaten my last Big Mac for life is a VERY GOOD thought. I would have to be pretty desperate. If I have eaten one in the last decade that had to be the case.
    There would have been little or no difference between the Big Macs they had in the WH and Big Macs picked up at the drive thru on one's way home from work that spend half an hour in the bag on the ride home.

I have gone the other way, actually. I have an organic garden and have learned to cook food from scratch. I normally have a vegetarian breakfast. I eat a lot more fish and not so much red meat. And more vegetables. Wow. I never knew green beans could be so good. And hint: they are about the easiest things to grow. You can grow them in a windowsill and they don't need polenization, so you can grow them inside. Nothing like fresh green beans right off the vine.
    No offense, but Gawd that sounds boring.

And who needs a garbage disposal? Learn to compost. Then you're recycling nutrients as you save energy. And getting better food. And that leads to healthy living, and clear thinking.
    I compost every bit of organic waste I produce. The only things that go in my trash can are non-recyclable wrappers and containers.

Which allows me to see right through this fake President and his CHEAPSKATE idea.
    I don't need to eat a totally bland, boring and unsatisfying diet 100% of the time to see clearly that Trump is a criminal asshole who is damaging my country. But this flap over serving McDonald's food to college football players is just much ado about nothing.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

21. #178 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    No complaints from the Tigers. That's all that maters. The End
    No leftovers either. LOL

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAGA MAN For This Post:

TOP (01-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (01-15-2019)

23. #179 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

White House to White Castle

24. #180 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

There would have been little or no difference between the Big Macs they had in the WH and Big Macs picked up at the drive thru on one's way home from work that spend half an hour in the bag on the ride home.
    Most people who eat Big Macs know to eat them right away.

I compost every bit of organic waste I produce. The only things that go in my trash can are non-recyclable wrappers and containers.
    Right on. Thanks for doing that. I have a big recycle container that is never full in a week, so I figure everything in there has been rinsed or it's dry. Nothing to stink if I leave it there. I don't put the container out every week. That way I don't make the truck stop or the guys do unneeded work. Further reduces the carbon footprint. I wait till it's full. Then it goes out.

I don't need to eat a totally bland, boring and unsatisfying diet 100% of the time
    I didn't tell you about the spices I grow.

to see clearly that Trump is a criminal asshole who is damaging my country. But this flap over serving McDonald's food to college football players is just much ado about nothing.
    It's not about whether they would like that food. And of course it's no crime what he did. It is about class, of which Trump has none. Being served cheap food in an ornate place is just flaming wrong. Not Filet Mignon, just Flaming WRONG.

What else can we expect from our inappropriate President?

He's sure to displease.