Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: House of Carbs ! Ah ha ha ha

1. #136 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    That might be somewhat true during training or the playing season, but at that point, the season was over and I'm sure their dietary guidelines were somewhat more relaxed.

And even during training or the playing season they're allowed to stray from the diet occasionally.

I've known college football players before and believe me, they eat a lot of burgers and pizza.
    You’re right, College players don’t eat every single meal in the dining hall. And like most college students most don’t have a lot of money so they eat fast food, pizza etc.

I get the argument that this could be seen as disrespectful to the team. But the idea that college football players don’t eat fast food is bogus.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Nomad (01-15-2019)

3. #137 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,756 Times in 16,563 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,622 Times in 1,532 Posts

SERIOUSLY? Media Outlets Actually Fact-Checked Trump’s Fast Food Banquet
    On Monday evening, President Donald Trump hosted the Clemson Tigers at the White House after the team became national college football champions. Trump personally purchased the food for the event – a massive offering of fast food items from McDonald’s, Burger King, Wendy’s, and Domino’s. Naturally, Leftists knocked him for his food choice.

Even dumber, some media outlets actually felt the need to fact check the buffet.

The Washington Post did – I kid you not – a deep dive into the banquet to try and determine how much it all actually cost, complete with a “Detailed Washington Post analysis” of the spread. The chart of the layout of the food was most likely meant to be humorous.

Nonetheless, after the Post determined that Trump likely spent between $2,437.11 and $2,911.44 on the feast, depending on whether he took advantage of McDonald’s 2-for-$5 menu, the outlet had to take some spiteful dings at the president.
    The Post notes that Trump originally said he bought 300 hamburgers, but later said he bought “1,000” burgers and later, “over 1000 hamburgers etc.”

Vox wrote an entire article about Trump switching from saying 300 burgers to 1000, ignoring the “etc” part of his statement that seemed to suggest he was referring to all the items. Couching Trump’s burger numbers claim as part of the president’s larger problem with lying (as if Trump is unique as a politician who misleads and lies), Vox notes that “this particular exaggeration isn’t a big deal in and of itself” but that it shows “how effortlessly Trump fibs about everything.”

But the Post takes the cake for most absurd fact check. It may be a joke (I hope it is) but given how the paper covers this president it’s kind of hard to tell. Trump said at the banquet that he bought 1,000 burgers for Clemson and that “It was piled up a mile high.” The Post felt the need to fact check this, writing:

FACT CHECK: At two inches each, a thousand burgers would not reach one mile high.

Take note, Republicans: Don’t use commonly used hyperboles or you may be fact checked.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (01-15-2019)

5. #138 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Maybe they got a MAGA Hat
    Made in China
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. #139 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,902 Times in 7,962 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,669 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    That’s nice, I am a food snob, I will readily admit it, life is too short to eat bad tasting junk when there is so much fresh and well cooked fare.
    No offense intended (and I mean that) given that we are mostly on the same side of most issues, but if there is one kind of person who I find hard to take, it's food snobs.

To me, it speaks of an underlying insecurity being compensated for by associating one's self worth with the food they eat.

As if one = the other.

It doesn't.

One can eat only the finest foods known to man every day and still be the world's biggest POS.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomad For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-15-2019)

8. #140 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    LMAO -- oops. I'm sure DC has any number of excellent non-chain pizza places. They could have just ordered a big variety of different pizzas, and kept them on warmers or in the ovens on low till the kids were ready to eat.

I'm sure the kids didn't really care one way or the other; but it IS a funny event and perfectly illustrates the swinish qualities of the Tangerine Tyrant, and his ardent apologists.
    they had pizza as well

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dukkha For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-15-2019), TOP (01-15-2019), USFREEDOM911 (01-15-2019)

10. #141 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,360 Times in 14,088 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

No offense intended (and I mean that) given that we are mostly on the same side of most issues, but if there is one kind of person who I find hard to take, it's food snobs.

To me, it speaks of an underlying insecurity being compensated for by associating one's self worth with the food they eat.

As if one = the other.

It doesn't.

One can eat only the finest foods known to man every day and still be the world's biggest POS.
    Wow, as one who lives in SF and is not a foodie (yes that’s almost an oxymoron) I appreciate this response.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

Nomad (01-15-2019)

12. #142 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    You’re right, College players don’t eat every single meal in the dining hall. And like most college students most don’t have a lot of money so they eat fast food, pizza etc.

I get the argument that this could be seen as disrespectful to the team. But the idea that college football players don’t eat fast food is bogus.
    And they also aren't monitored and watched 24/7 by a staff of highly trained dieticians who carefully and scientifically prepare every meal they eat as if they were some kind of experimental lab specimens.

The staff tells them basically to try to stay away from too much of certain kinds of food and to try to eat more of other kinds of foods, but for the most part, they are on their own at meal time.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

13. #143 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,334 Times in 22,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,239 Times in 2,979 Posts
    Blog Entries

Thread translation:

The Left in 2018: Unhinged
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

14. #144 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,747 Times in 33,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

As if one = the other.

It doesn't.

Well, you stick with your cold burgers and pizza and I will dine on my Alaskan salmon and asparagus. My health has greatly improved since I have become more of a food snob. It isn’t about worth, but love of self and fueling my body with foods that improve my overall well being. I love a good burger, I just want to know what’s in the meat.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (01-15-2019), PoliTalker (01-15-2019)

16. #145 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    College kids are ASPIRATIONAL. They went to the WHITE HOUSE. Think about it.

Well at least they'll be telling that story for decades. Maybe they can have T shirts made up. "I went to the White House and all I got was lousy McDonalds."
    It's called the McWhite House, now.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2019)

18. #146 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    He didn't have a heck of a lot of a choice. His kitchen staff is furloughed. LOL
    OK. makes sense . thanks for the info

19. #147 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Top,

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    LOL...oh the outrage...
    ( 'I wonder if 'Dabo made them sing
    Apoligism.

If would-have-been "President Clinton" did this you'd be rippin her a new one.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2019)

21. #148 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Well, you stick with your cold burgers and pizza and I will dine on my Alaskan salmon and asparagus. My health has greatly improved since I have become more of a food snob. It isn’t about worth, but love of self and fueling my body with foods that improve my overall well being. I love a good burger, I just want to know what’s in the meat.
    I never claimed I eat "cold burgers" and I don't eat much pizza anymore, though when I do, the leftover slices do go in the fridge for lunch the next day and damn if it ain't some good eatin'.

My nightly meal Monday - Friday is stir fry vegetables, roasted chicken and brown rice seasoned with a bit of salt substitute, a dash or two of low sodium soy sauce and some onion powder.

On weekends I relax a bit and have my burgers and pizza or subs etc.

I pity anyone who can't allow themselves to eat a little junk food now and then.
    C'MON MAN!!!!

22. #149 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,414 Times in 16,403 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,433 Times in 1,355 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Top,

Apoligism.

If would-have-been "President Clinton" did this you'd be rippin her a new one.
    NOPE You're just unhappy they had a great time....
    So silly....

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-15-2019)

24. #150 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Mott,

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    He didn't have a heck of a lot of a choice. His kitchen staff is furloughed. LOL
    You know Trump has enough wealth to have the freaking thing catered by professionals who know how to put on a great spread for a large group and serve it hot. Trump had lots of choices. He made a bad one, as usual.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-15-2019)