Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Godless left showing their tolerance!

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

duplicate
    Last edited by kudzu; 01-15-2019 at 04:00 PM.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I attended church with many of my friends, but never Southern Baptist, I also know little about them, just what I read.
    As I said they follow some variant on the teachings of John Nelson Darby which goes to the pretrib rapture..

They don't accept the following Preterist view.

Luke 21:22 (NKJV) "For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled."

Luke says that ALL things which are written will be fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem. What does he mean by that? "All things which are written," refers to prophecy.

All prophecy was to be fulfilled in the destruction of Jerusalem. Daniel tells us this very same thing in Daniel 9:24:

Daniel was told that 70 weeks had been determined on his people Israel, and the city of Jerusalem.

By the end of this prophetic time period, God promised that six things would be accomplished. One of the things that Daniel was told would happen by the end of that period was that God would "seal up vision and prophecy".

The Hebrew commentaries are in agreement on the meaning of to "seal up vision and prophecy" -- they say it means the end and complete fulfillment of all prophecy.

Daniel's prophecy tells of the time when all prophecy would cease to be given and what had been given would be fulfilled.

When would this be? Daniel's vision ends with the destruction of Jerusalem which we know occurred in 70 AD (Daniel 9:26):

So Luke is saying the same thing that Daniel said, which is that at the time Jerusalem is destroyed all prophecy will be fulfilled. What does that include? That would include the prophecy of the Second coming, the resurrection, the new heavens and earth, everything prophesied to Israel would be fulfilled at the time of Jerusalem's destruction.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    There are numerous scriptures referring to a womans role in the Church, and the family. But since most "christians" believe the word of God is a book of suggestions one can understand your confusion.
    I will freely admit to not being an expert but my question is: do any of Jesus' words say that women can't preach the word of God? I don't mean the words of Paul, the Apostles or anyone except Jesus... the "red" words.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

4. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    I attended church with many of my friends, but never Southern Baptist, I also know little about them, just what I read.
    I grew up Southern Baptist, AMA.

5. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,766 Times in 7,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Are you claiming the vandalism at this church is OK?
    Vandalism of your church would probably be OK.

6. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

They aren't completely godless. They do worship Wall Street and its prophet Hillary who promised them a 72 to 1 stock split in the afterlife

7. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    Vandalism of your church would probably be OK.
    The only time CFM kneels is to clean up his wife's black bull.

8. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I will freely admit to not being an expert but my question is: do any of Jesus' words say that women can't preach the word of God? I don't mean the words of Paul, the Apostles or anyone except Jesus... the "red" words.
    All three Abrahamic religions are about patriarchy.. Descent is traced thru the male line and women have very few rights.. although Islam affords women more rights that early Judaism or Christianity.. They say a man should love his wife like Christ loved the church, but women for the most part were chattel and could not inherit and they could be put to death if they were raped "in town".. Its all somewhat primitive... and doesn't elevate men or women.

9. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,769 Times in 33,632 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    I grew up Southern Baptist, AMA.
    Can you share what it’s like? We’re your parents staunch?

10. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,174 Times in 10,392 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,876 Times in 4,194 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    The laws of physics? bwa ha ha they are on my side as in if there was a big bang, it took an action, and equal or greater reaction, where did the reactionaries come from genius?
    Lol

You gonna invoke another circular argument, dumbfuck?

11. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 266 Times in 232 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    As I said they follow some variant on the teachings of John Nelson Darby which goes to the pretrib rapture..

They don't accept the following Preterist view.
    Most modern Baptists are ignorant, stupid, and anything but Christian. A hundred years ago, Baptists weren't followers of Darby nor were they pro-war.

12. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
    Most modern Baptists are ignorant, stupid, and anything but Christian. A hundred years ago, Baptists weren't followers of Darby nor were they pro-war.
    Darby's beliefs picked up speed during the Dust Bowl and the Depression. Are you a follower of David J. Stewart?

13. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Woverine,

Any ultimate claim about reality begins with a faith commitment. Some skeptics are willing to admit this point (not many, mind you). Take Crispin Sartwell for example, who explains in his Atlantic article how he has taken an "atheist leap of faith." He concedes that religious folk and non-religious folk all have a faith commitment to how they understand the world (which means all folk are religious, by the way!).

Whether we admit it or not, we all build our view of the world on an assumption, a big picture about what's really real, that we cannot prove. That's okay. It's unavoidable. The main question is which starting point, which assumption, what presupposition, is the right one? Which one is true?

The Christian begins with a belief that God exists and that he has revealed himself. That is no more or less religious than Carl Sagan's famous quote, "The cosmos is all that is, or ever was, or ever will be." The question for thinking people is which one is true: either a world that began in chance, is governed by nothing, and is heading nowhere, or one that filled with purpose and meaning because there is a Creator, an intelligence, behind it all.
    OK, excuse me. Did you come here to talk about how you see the left, or to preach?

As for faith, I don't see the big deal there. I'm an atheist and I have very strong faith. What is faith to me? Faith is a belief in something which cannot be proven. I've got that. I believe humanity will continue to improve it's own condition, and will prevail. I can't know that. I have no way to prove it. But it just makes sense to me. I have faith in mankind to do the right thing more than the wrong thing. I know many humans do the wrong thing. But I also believe more of them do the right thing whenever they can. I think we're going to get it. I think we are going to save ourselves from ourselves. I can't know that will happen. I just want to believe it. So that's my faith. I have faith in humans. I throw my future in with the lot. I don't really have much choice, but as long as I am in, I am going to believe that we can work out all our problems eventually. Probably not in my lifetime, but if I can I will help solve whatever ones I can, make whatever improvements I can.

Why, just the other day I solved one of the biggest problems that ever faced mankind.

I solved the shower curtain problem. And I did it for free. I will give my idea away. Here you go. Enjoy:

If you are taking a shower there is this terrible problem with the shower curtain. It attacks you. Right? You jump in there, everything is fine. You turn on the shower with nice hot water streaming down on you and all of a sudden the shower curtain is all over you. What's up with that? Get that thing OFF of me! OK, I solved that. Three clothespins. Take three clothespins and clip the inner liner and the outer shower curtain together (just a little pinch) in three locations, approx 7" above the top of the tub. That's it. Now it won't attack you. You're welcome.

What's going on is the heat from the hot water in your shower is rising. That draws air into the shower, which is blowing the shower curtain inward. The shower curtain is fighting this inflow of air across the top of the tub. If you took an ice cold shower that wouldn't happen. But nobody likes that solution. So I've got a solution that works. Let the air come in around the ends. Let it come in through the creases and folds created by the pinched sections caught up in the clothespins. That's fine. Just keep that freaking shower curtain the heck off of me, ya know? So there ya go. Now you've got something to thank an atheist for. One whose faith is quite strong.

You might be a member of a church or a religion. Good for you. I am a member of the collective of humans on planet Earth. 7+ billion of us. And the good ones among us all look out for one another. So I love you as a fellow human being. I love everybody. I love being a human. I love my life. It's great. I can't imagine an existence being any better than this. That's how much I love my life. Good thing. When it's over it's over. And by then I will be very content. Heck. I already am. All the days I live from hear on out are gravy. It's all frosting on my cake.

ps: I may love everybody, but I'm also smart enough to know that some need to be loved from afar, and it is best not to have anything to do with them. So I respect their freedom to live as they please. I only object when the things they do affect me or people I care about.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Wolverine,

Which is why the most important things were confirmed in the new testament, so um you lose again!
    And you were wondering what possible cherry-picking of the Bible you might be doing. Nothing like disregarding the first HALF of it or anything, right?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

15. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    I do not expect the modern version of womanhood to correspond with the traditional view of women, and in many respects if should not. However, when I was growing up we were taught to revere women as the moral backbone of the family, and the community. That meant you gave them respect, opened doors for them, gave up your seat on the bus, never swore in front of a lady, and the list goes on, and on. Now that feminism has argued for their equality with men all of that is gone. Men no longer feel the need to respect women, and women no longer feel the need to be the morality figures they once were.

To answer your question, there are none that I am aware of, however, there are many topics not spoken of by Jesus. e.g homosexuality for one.

https://www.franciscanmedia.org/jesu...ment-of-women/
    Last edited by Old Trapper; 01-15-2019 at 05:06 PM.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"