Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: IT ENDS THIS WEEK!

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Default IT ENDS THIS WEEK!

Pelosi and Schumer will offer some relatively tiny bit of fluff that Trump can pretend shows he has built a wall and Mexico has paid for it…

… (his morons will buy it in a second)…

…and legislation will be passed to open the government and fund it for a while. I doubt a final budget will be passed…but perhaps.

BOTTOM LINE…Trump will fold like a cheap suit in a salesman’s suitcase…and make a big pretense of having won.

Wouldn’t surprise me terribly if the Democrats actually extract something extra in the deal for the few extra bucks they will throw his way. Probably not something on DACA…but on something else they feel strongly about.

AOC is a better negotiator than that blow-hard in the White House…so the American conservative voices (like Limbaugh and Ingrham) will pretend to buy into the pretense…because even they realize the Republicans are getting slaughtered in this “negotiation.”

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Bill (01-15-2019), Guno צְבִי (01-14-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-14-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

There's no way they're gonna balance the budget.

They won't tax the rich enough to do THAT.

I think Pelosi should offer funding for existing wall extensions as long as taxes on the rich are raised enough to at least pay for THAT.

Deficit spending, while the economy is doing well, is completely irresponsible, and should be a non-starter.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-14-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-14-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

So Pelosi and Schumer give in and Trump is the one who gave in.......gonna be a long week with the Brexit vote on deck, but Trump isn't going to cave for a CR that doesn't fund a significant border wall program

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-14-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    So Pelosi and Schumer give in and Trump is the one who gave in.......gonna be a long week with the Brexit vote on deck, but Trump isn't going to cave for a CR that doesn't fund a significant border wall program
    Pelosi and Schumer may add a bit to the pot...because they know Trump has to save a bit of face. But it will be very little...and they will get plenty in return.

YEAH...Trump will fold like a cheap suit. He is in way, way over his head.

But then again, it figures, because he is a moron...who actually thinks he is brilliant.

The only people in America further out of touch with reality...are the poor suckers who still support him.

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    Pelosi and Schumer may add a bit to the pot...because they know Trump has to save a bit of face. But it will be very little...and they will get plenty in return.

But then again, it figures, because he is a moron...who actually thinks he is brilliant.

The only people in America further out of touch with reality...are the poor suckers who still support him.
    Morons who think they are brilliant don't cave in, especially rich ones.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (01-15-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

We already have a wall. And the requested funding is not enough to complete it.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trump's polling is dropping and the Repubs are noticing. Trump wants out as quickly as he can. Even his right-wing gnus organizations that get pipelined into his TV and phone are panicking. The reds are desperately trying to remake reality and pin the shutdown on the Dems, but he took the mantle on TV. We heard it the people heard it. That is when he lost the argument.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-14-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Pelosi and Schumer will offer some relatively tiny bit of fluff that Trump can pretend shows he has built a wall and Mexico has paid for it…

… (his morons will buy it in a second)…

…and legislation will be passed to open the government and fund it for a while. I doubt a final budget will be passed…but perhaps.

BOTTOM LINE…Trump will fold like a cheap suit in a salesman’s suitcase…and make a big pretense of having won.

Wouldn’t surprise me terribly if the Democrats actually extract something extra in the deal for the few extra bucks they will throw his way. Probably not something on DACA…but on something else they feel strongly about.

AOC is a better negotiator than that blow-hard in the White House…so the American conservative voices (like Limbaugh and Ingrham) will pretend to buy into the pretense…because even they realize the Republicans are getting slaughtered in this “negotiation.”

Trump is begging for a out ....

Anything will do, because his Supporters are too stupid to know the difference.
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-14-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Kacper,

We already have a wall. And the requested funding is not enough to complete it.
    Then fund it and we still won't have a wall and everybody wins.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-14-2019)

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,834 Times in 17,265 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

The 5.7 Trump is pleading for is a downpayment on the wall he dreams about., The whole thing is 30 billion plus and that without the overruns that are sure to come. This does not count the costs of lawsuits over the eminent domain seizures. That wall will just be in court not being built.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

So let’s get this straight. Nancy said she would give ZERO dollars for a wall and if she budges on that it is Trump that is caving?

You are a special kind of retarded aren’t you

It is funny how the leftists on here keep claiming that Trump is losing yet at the same time are the ones that so desperately want it to end.

Keep the shut down going. I love it

19. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Sirthinksalot (01-15-2019)

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

That is special kind of logic Frankie is employing. Cognitive dissonance at its finest

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    There's no way they're gonna balance the budget.
    They won't tax the rich enough to do THAT.
    I think Pelosi should offer funding for existing wall extensions as long as taxes on the rich are raised enough to at least pay for THAT.

Deficit spending, while the economy is doing well, is completely irresponsible, and should be a non-starter.
    Absolutely. Thank you. You would think since most of the congresscritters have law degrees -- which we can assume means that they are intelligent -- they would realize this basic economic fact.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper: "Then fund it and we still won't have a wall and everybody wins."

Yeah, right. Everybody except all Americans; who are hurt by deficit spending.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 01-14-2019 at 03:54 PM.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump's polling is dropping and the Repubs are noticing.
    Down to 41.4% approval at Real Clear Politics (an average of several polling services).

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trump wants out as quickly as he can. Even his right-wing gnus organizations that get pipelined into his TV and phone are panicking. The reds are desperately trying to remake reality and pin the shutdown on the Dems, but he took the mantle on TV. We heard it the people heard it. That is when he lost the argument.
    The longer it goes on, the more it hurts the GDP, and the more people learn about what the government they love to hate actually does for them. I wish it would end today, but if it doesn't it's hard to understand why Trump would continue. He has not gained any support on this despite everything he has said and done. Instead, he is gradually losing support. Even if he and his band of hold-outs won't admit it. Looks to me like the longer it goes on, the less power he has.