Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Don stood there with Vlad, saying the US is wrong about collusion, Vlad is correct

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,579 Times in 15,814 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,951 Times in 1,862 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that,' " Trump said. "And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.bus...ection-2017-11

Then a few days later, he “clarifies” his remarks. It Trump, you never get a straight answer, he always leaves a subject in a way he has an out.

you can't be this obtuse?

And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."
    does NOT equate to "Trump believes Putin more then his INTEL" -it says Trump believes Putin "really means it"

Here is the importance (context) of Brennan and Clapper & Comey being known liars:

He then called former FBI Director James Comey, former CIA director John Brennan, and former Director of Intelligence James Clapper "political hacks."

"I mean, give me a break, they are political hacks," Trump said, when asked about their assessment that Russia had interfered.

"So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker. So you look at that and you have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he had nothing to do with them."

The president added that he "would rather" find solutions to the wars in Syria and Ukraine than discuss Russian meddling.

"That whole thing was set up by the Democrats," he said.
    Trump is looking at realpolitik

2. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-14-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    in Helsinki he stood right there at the podium and said all 17 of the US Intel agencies got it wrong
    its a pity you weren't smart enough to believe him.....

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    And when your campaign manager shares internal polling data with Russian GRU intelligence agents.
    fake news.. get up to speed with the NYTimes correction

6. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    But you agree that Trump is choosing to believe Putin over American Intel?
    the investigations have already concluded that American "intel" was based on the made up Steele dossier.........you should have believed it too...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    the investigations have already concluded that American "intel" was based on the made up Steele dossier.........you should have believed it too...
    that and the FBI refused to look at the DNC's server -relying on Crowdstrike's
    ( which had made errors of attribution before) forensics

10. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

11. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,767 Times in 33,631 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anatta View Post
    you can't be this obtuse?

does NOT equate to "Trump believes Putin more then his INTEL" -it says Trump believes Putin "really means it"

Here is the importance (context) of Brennan and Clapper & Comey being known liars:

Trump is looking at realpolitik
    I’m not obtuse, I said he clarified his remarks, now scurry back into your rabbit hole, noisy.

12. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    He said Putin denied it and he believes him.
    Just to be clear, you're saying Trump is right for trusting Russian Intel over American Intel?
    rumor has it, there are still some lib'ruls stupidf enough to believe the American 'intel'.......

13. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

14. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    In my book it is when the Orange Pig goes on national television, and begs Russian state security services to hack the computers of his American political opponents.
    lol.....you people are feckless fools......

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

16. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

here's my fav though: the mysterious "Russian cutout"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sia-relay-dnc/
    Government agencies and private security researchers have attributed the actual breaches to Russian hackers, but the identity of the conduit who gave the data to WikiLeaks remains a mystery.

“In April, Russia used a third party ‘cut-out’ to send more than 19,000 DNC emails and more than 8,000 documents to WikiLeaks and Julian Assange, attempting to cover its tracks and to give WikiLeaks some degree of deniability in knowing the source of the leaks,” Mr. Clapper wrote in his book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths from a Life in Intelligence.”

“The real point was it was an attempt to ensure [Assange] plausible deniability,” he said during the podcast.

Responding on Twitter to the claims, the official WikiLeaks account tweeted that Mr. Clapper’s book contained errors about the website’s releases.

“Clapper gets literally everything wrong—but admits he doesn’t know who our sources are. The published DNC emails go through to May 25—making ‘April’ an impossibility. There are 44,053 emails, not 19,000. There are 17,761 documents, not 8,000. Clapper appears not to be credible,” WikiLeaks tweeted Friday.

The Department of Justice appointed Mr. Mueller last May to investigate Russia’s involvement in the 2016 race and any links between Moscow and Mr. Trump’s election campaign. The special counsel’s office has since filed charges against 20 individuals, including 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies accused of waging “information warfare against the United States” as part of a state-sponsored campaign targeting the 2016 election and Mr. Trump’s Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

Russia has denied hacking Democratic targets, and the White House has denied collusion between the Trump team and Moscow.

Mr. Assange previously said that the Russian government was not the source of the leaked emails.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to anatta For This Post:

18. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Without looking it up ( Russiaphobia is a colossal/misguided waste of effort) -I seem to recall Trump saying
    Putin vigorously denied it
    - not that Trump "believed it over US INTEL"
    and there it is.......annasshole comes through again........

Russian apologist, believes it if Trump says 'Vlad vigorously denied it'.......jesus Dmitri, can you be more obvious

nice work!

19. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

here's my fav though: the mysterious "Russian cutout"

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sia-relay-dnc/
    Government agencies and private security researchers have attributed the actual breaches to Russian hackers, but the identity of the conduit who gave the data to WikiLeaks remains a mystery.

“In April, Russia used a third party ‘cut-out’ to send more than 19,000 DNC emails and more than 8,000 documents to WikiLeaks and Julian Assange, attempting to cover its tracks and to give WikiLeaks some degree of deniability in knowing the source of the leaks,” Mr. Clapper wrote in his book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths from a Life in Intelligence.”

“The real point was it was an attempt to ensure [Assange] plausible deniability,” he said during the podcast.

Responding on Twitter to the claims, the official WikiLeaks account tweeted that Mr. Clapper’s book contained errors about the website’s releases.

“Clapper gets literally everything wrong—but admits he doesn’t know who our sources are. The published DNC emails go through to May 25—making ‘April’ an impossibility. There are 44,053 emails, not 19,000. There are 17,761 documents, not 8,000. Clapper appears not to be credible,” WikiLeaks tweeted Friday.

The Department of Justice appointed Mr. Mueller last May to investigate Russia’s involvement in the 2016 race and any links between Moscow and Mr. Trump’s election campaign. The special counsel’s office has since filed charges against 20 individuals, including 13 Russian nationals and three Russian companies accused of waging “information warfare against the United States” as part of a state-sponsored campaign targeting the 2016 election and Mr. Trump’s Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton.

Russia has denied hacking Democratic targets, and the White House has denied collusion between the Trump team and Moscow.

Mr. Assange previously said that the Russian government was not the source of the leaked emails.
    you're a fuckin kook

20. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

I don't recall Trump saying he "believes Putin" .
    I think he said Putin vigorously denied it.
    This is what Trump said Nov 14, 2017:

"Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that.' And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/11/p...ing/index.html

Trump seems to be saying that if there was Russian interference, Putin didn't know about it.

And if he believes that, he'll believe anything.

Added:
    Reading the pro-Trump posters here, the bottom line seems to be that they maintain there was no Russian state interference of any kind in the 2016 election.

Is that correct?
    Last edited by Tranquillus in Exile; 01-13-2019 at 05:03 PM.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Bill (01-14-2019)

22. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

hacking is not collusion. massive thread fail
    Hacking helped and directed by Repubs is. Collusion actually is a conspiracy. Trumps people did it.

23. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    rumor has it, there are still some lib'ruls stupidf enough to believe the American 'intel'.......
    So does this mean you are siding with Russian Intel over American Intel?

24. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    This is what Trump said Nov 14, 2017:

"Every time he sees me, he says, 'I didn't do that.' And I believe, I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it."

https://edition.cnn.com/2017/11/11/p...ing/index.html

Trump seems to be saying that if there was Russian interference, Putin didn't know about it.

And if he believes that, he'll believe anything.

Added:
    Reading the pro-Trump posters here, the bottom line seems to be that they maintain there was no Russian state interference of any kind in the 2016 election.

Is that correct?
    not what he was saying, but I've already answered that.
    ~~
    Everyone acknowledges the Internet Research Agency, and the troll farms. Where it gets dicey is the DNC

My personal opinion is none of this would have amounted to a hill of beans
    ( we basically got Yelstsin elected, and 2016 was a billion+ election) -except for the Mooks/Podesta meeting a couple days after the election.

That was the public gin up, along with the FBI counterintelligence investigation.
    We pretty much know that was bogus as well as -according to Nunes the FBI 302 didn't show probable cause.

However. Even if I am 100% wrong on all this; it was always a silly specious concept to think there was any Russian collusion between the Trump campaign and da Russian to rig the election.

There is no plausible scenario where Putin and Trump would conspire to rig the election.
    and that's all that really matters, not this penny ante junk