Members banned from this thread: ZappasGuitar, MASON, Troll, PoliTalker, Jack and StoneByStone


Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: New thread on FREE WILL

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65,015
    Thanks
    10,059
    Thanked 11,016 Times in 9,358 Posts
    Groans
    11,332
    Groaned 1,568 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default New thread on FREE WILL

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    -----------------

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  2. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    7,194
    Thanks
    18,679
    Thanked 3,217 Times in 2,174 Posts
    Groans
    49
    Groaned 320 Times in 301 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    Protestantism or Calvinism belongs to the Reformed tradition of Protestantism. ... Today, this term also means the doctrines and practices of the Reformed churches, of which Calvin was an early leader, and the system is perhaps best known for its doctrines of predestination


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvinism


    Reformed theologians teach that sin so affects human nature that they are unable even to exercise faith in Christ by their own will. While people are said to retain will, in that they willfully sin, they are unable not to sin because of the corruption of their nature due to original sin. Reformed Christians believe that God predestined some people to be saved and others were predestined to eternal damnation
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white

    ברוך השם

  3. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    26,072
    Thanks
    5,197
    Thanked 7,186 Times in 5,372 Posts
    Groans
    15
    Groaned 1,187 Times in 1,140 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    If your version of your god is that he is omniscient, omnipotent and all the other all-powerful words, then your god already knows your “choices”. Only an idiot would believe that to be free will.

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to domer76 For This Post:

    Controlled Opposition (01-15-2019), guno (01-12-2019), StoneByStone (01-12-2019)

  5. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    NC originally from NYC
    Posts
    7,194
    Thanks
    18,679
    Thanked 3,217 Times in 2,174 Posts
    Groans
    49
    Groaned 320 Times in 301 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    List of Reformed denominations in North America


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...#North_America
    Nationalism is an infantile disease. It is the measles of mankind. Albert Einstein

    America's future is bright, not white

    ברוך השם

  6. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 327 Times in 264 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    Make the Left Great Again

  7. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65,015
    Thanks
    10,059
    Thanked 11,016 Times in 9,358 Posts
    Groans
    11,332
    Groaned 1,568 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by domer76 View Post
    If your version of your god is that he is omniscient, omnipotent and all the other all-powerful words, then your god already knows your “choices”. Only an idiot would believe that to be free will.
    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    -----------------

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  8. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65,015
    Thanks
    10,059
    Thanked 11,016 Times in 9,358 Posts
    Groans
    11,332
    Groaned 1,568 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    I'm not sure what you thought you saw in my OP; but there was no protest.

    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    -----------------

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  9. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    I don't know about mine but yours is scripted by Fox Snooze but not as funny as the Muppets.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Troll For This Post:

    StoneByStone (01-12-2019)

  11. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65,015
    Thanks
    10,059
    Thanked 11,016 Times in 9,358 Posts
    Groans
    11,332
    Groaned 1,568 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I don't know about mine but yours is scripted by Fox Snooze but not as funny as the Muppets.
    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    -----------------

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  12. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    Mostly I'm just here to troll, you know like my name says. Most of us write our own scripts, you guys go by what Fox tells you. WWFD implants! Hahahaha.

  13. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,730
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 327 Times in 264 Posts
    Groans
    58
    Groaned 67 Times in 61 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    I'm not sure what you thought you saw in my OP; but there was no protest.

    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    I've addressed the myth of free will twice before. Both times you ignored the evidence, because you want to believe in free will. Now you are starting a new thread, seemingly to convince other people (but really yourself) that free will is real.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    Make the Left Great Again

  14. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65,015
    Thanks
    10,059
    Thanked 11,016 Times in 9,358 Posts
    Groans
    11,332
    Groaned 1,568 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Mostly I'm just here to troll, you know like my name says. Most of us write our own scripts, you guys go by what Fox tells you. WWFD implants! Hahahaha.
    Thank you for the admission:

    14. The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment.

    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    -----------------

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to USFREEDOM911 For This Post:

    Dark Soul (01-12-2019)

  16. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65,015
    Thanks
    10,059
    Thanked 11,016 Times in 9,358 Posts
    Groans
    11,332
    Groaned 1,568 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I've addressed the myth of free will twice before. Both times you ignored the evidence, because you want to believe in free will. Now you are starting a new thread, seemingly to convince other people (but really yourself) that free will is real.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
    What makes you feel that this is about you and were you unable to choose to not post a comment??

    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    -----------------

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

  17. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    232
    Thanks
    18
    Thanked 109 Times in 81 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 7 Times in 7 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Thank you for the admission:

    14. The treatment of Incendiary Troll accounts. Definition: Posting solely for reaction, to harass, or stalk. Whether single or secondary, those accounts posting solely for reaction and/or harassment and not contributing to the discussion in any way post at the sole discretion of the JPP Admin Team and may be removed at any moment.

    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    Do you belong to that exclusive TOP BANNING BAND ?
    I answered you, dumbass. The only script lives are you guys enthrall to Fox. The rest of us - free spirits.
    You just mad bro cause you don't like that answrr.

  18. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    65,015
    Thanks
    10,059
    Thanked 11,016 Times in 9,358 Posts
    Groans
    11,332
    Groaned 1,568 Times in 1,519 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Do you belong to that exclusive TOP BANNING BAND ?
    I answered you, dumbass. The only script lives are you guys enthrall to Fox. The rest of us - free spirits.
    You just mad bro cause you don't like that answrr.
    I know of no Banning Ban.
    Can you name a few of their songs??

    Your reply is not an answer to my OP.

    Are you unable to address it or are you just worried about how your reply will appear.

    If there is no FREE WILL then what guides our choices; because some JPP members feel that our lives are scripted?
    -----------------

    Pascal argues that a rational person should live as though God exists and seek to believe in God. If God does not actually exist, such a person will have only a finite loss, whereas they stand to receive infinite gains and avoid infinite losses.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-27-2018, 02:28 PM
  2. Free thread for those whom legion and illiberal rightists fear
    By New! Imperialism and Genocide™ in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-22-2018, 08:36 PM
  3. Gotta love the Fed - EVINCE/DESH IS THREAD BANNED FROM THIS THREAD
    By I Love America in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-13-2018, 11:34 PM
  4. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 02-05-2009, 02:23 PM
  5. Forget free gasoline. Car buyers want free guns
    By Little-Acorn in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 10:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •