Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall Won't Stop This

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    In Portland, Oregon the city set up an empty lot for illegal workers to get picked up and they supposedly guaranteed they would get $10/hr
    They call it "day labor"
    That has been going on for decades. The first one I heard of was a Home Depot parking lot in Phoenix.

And "day labor" is not limited to illegals.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

kudzu (01-12-2019), rjhenn (01-13-2019)

3. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

No. Walls won't stop this.

When El Chapo broke out of prison he had help. His gang tunneled into the prison he was being held in. The tunnel was a mile long, and the tunnelers had the accuracy to come up directly under the shower in his cell. It was very sophisticated.

"Just 14 months after Guzman landed in Mexico's maximum-security Altiplano prison, he broke out in July 2015.
    After Guzman's getaway, authorities said they made a shocking find underground: a lighted and ventilated tunnel, replete with tracks and a modified motorcycle inside.
    The tunnel, Mexican National Security Commissioner Monte Alejandro Rubido said, began with a 50 x 50 centimeter (20 x 20 inch) opening inside a shower in Guzman's cell.

That opening, officials said, connected to a vertical passageway going about 10 meters (33 feet) underground.

The passageway, outfitted with a ladder, led to a tunnel that was about 1.7 meters (5.5 feet) tall and more than 70 centimeters (28 inches) wide.
    Inside the passageway, investigators found what Rubido described as an "adapted motorcycle on tracks that was likely used to remove dirt during the excavation and transport the tools for the dig."

In one respect, the tunnel was notably different from others Guzman's Sinaloa cartel had built.
    "It was arrow straight," said Jim Dinkins, the former head of investigation for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. It was a sign, Dinkins said, that a cartel known for building sophisticated tunnels to send drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border had tapped its best and brightest for help.
    "Look -- the boss, El Chapo, is in prison. You're not going to bring in the B squad," Dinkins said. "You're going to bring in the A team, and you're going to bring in your best tunnelers, you're going to bring in your best engineer, and your best crew ... with one objective: You get the boss out."
    One Mexican official estimated the tunnel took about a year to build, and that whoever built it took out about 350 truckloads worth of sand and dirt.
    The passageway stretched for more than a mile and ended inside a half-built house. Crews started building the house in December 2014, then stopped a few months later, according to a farmer who lived nearby. The facade appeared to be finished around February or March, the farmer said, but workers kept moving dirt around the property for months -- until the day before Guzman's escape, when all of them were gone."

CNN: Drug Cartel Tunneling Sophistication
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

4. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    I know, right? One of the biggest threats is from big pharma. More reasons why we need a very large rehab system. Your way gets cops killed. Mine doesn't.
    I don't think these women are killing cops.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

5. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    It would also be trivial to use infrared technology to spot human movement, or motion detectors with search lights. In any event, you do not need the wall.

BTW, ground penetrating radar built into the structure would limit its abilities to that small section.
    Right. Every section would have it's own radar. Engineering solutions: How do they work?

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 72 Posts

I back Trump 100%,to build the Wall,and"Mexico will pay for the Wall!"
    Anne Frank

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Now, they demand the country provide for them and refuse to do for themselves. Times change and so should you.
    Your family should get a job and stop expecting us to support them. Sheltered workshops have plenty of openings, try it!

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    No. Walls won't stop this.

When El Chapo broke out of prison he had help. His gang tunneled into the prison he was being held in. The tunnel was a mile long, and the tunnelers had the accuracy to come up directly under the shower in his cell. It was very sophisticated.

"Just 14 months after Guzman landed in Mexico's maximum-security Altiplano prison, he broke out in July 2015.
    After Guzman's getaway, authorities said they made a shocking find underground: a lighted and ventilated tunnel, replete with tracks and a modified motorcycle inside.
    The tunnel, Mexican National Security Commissioner Monte Alejandro Rubido said, began with a 50 x 50 centimeter (20 x 20 inch) opening inside a shower in Guzman's cell.

That opening, officials said, connected to a vertical passageway going about 10 meters (33 feet) underground.

The passageway, outfitted with a ladder, led to a tunnel that was about 1.7 meters (5.5 feet) tall and more than 70 centimeters (28 inches) wide.
    Inside the passageway, investigators found what Rubido described as an "adapted motorcycle on tracks that was likely used to remove dirt during the excavation and transport the tools for the dig."

In one respect, the tunnel was notably different from others Guzman's Sinaloa cartel had built.
    "It was arrow straight," said Jim Dinkins, the former head of investigation for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. It was a sign, Dinkins said, that a cartel known for building sophisticated tunnels to send drugs across the U.S.-Mexico border had tapped its best and brightest for help.
    "Look -- the boss, El Chapo, is in prison. You're not going to bring in the B squad," Dinkins said. "You're going to bring in the A team, and you're going to bring in your best tunnelers, you're going to bring in your best engineer, and your best crew ... with one objective: You get the boss out."
    One Mexican official estimated the tunnel took about a year to build, and that whoever built it took out about 350 truckloads worth of sand and dirt.
    The passageway stretched for more than a mile and ended inside a half-built house. Crews started building the house in December 2014, then stopped a few months later, according to a farmer who lived nearby. The facade appeared to be finished around February or March, the farmer said, but workers kept moving dirt around the property for months -- until the day before Guzman's escape, when all of them were gone."

CNN: Drug Cartel Tunneling Sophistication
    Really cool! Trump might wanna hire these guys to dig him one under his bathroom so when Muller comes...................................

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Troll For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)

10. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Right. Every section would have it's own radar. Engineering solutions: How do they work?
    Why build the wall? Just put up a barrier like they already have?

Engineering solutions work fine when combined with a little common sense. In fact, I would bet that the effective radar range would be greatly expanded if one did away with the wall. In fact, I would even bet one could use radar with a direct line of sight, and cover a multitude of sections.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)

12. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,295 Times in 5,845 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 390 Times in 368 Posts

m
    You are a big fucking pussy and not very American at all. Fuck you, suck my dick...how about that "patriot"?
    Don't be afraid to see what you see

13. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Frank View Post
    I back Trump 100%,to build the Wall,and"Mexico will pay for the Wall!"
    Secure checkpoints along the American-Mexican border have become an increasingly popular entrance for drug smugglers entering the United States, a fact that could undermine President Donald Trump's argument for a border wall.

Customs agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, the busiest land border crossing in the world, check 50,000 vehicles and 20,000 pedestrians on an average day — and they do it 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Located just south of San Diego and a few miles north of Tijuana, there are countless attempts to bring drugs across the border: some successful, some not.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-walls-n724341

Is Trump going to shut down ALL traffic between the US and Mexico?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

14. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)

15. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    Why build the wall? Just put up a barrier like they already have?

Engineering solutions work fine when combined with a little common sense. In fact, I would bet that the effective radar range would be greatly expanded if one did away with the wall. In fact, I would even bet one could use radar with a direct line of sight, and cover a multitude of sections.
    If there was no wall, just a fence, the smugglers wouldn't need to tunnel under it and there would be no need for tunnel detecting. LOL And all the smugglers would need to do is clip some sections of fence. The idea is to make breaching the barrier difficult.

If you don't invest in stopping problems at the border, you will pay for the problems later. Why is this so hard for liberals to understand?

16. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Your family should get a job and stop expecting us to support them. Sheltered workshops have plenty of openings, try it!
    Your family hasn't seen us at the welfare, food stamp, and government housing office when yours were demanding help. There's a reason for that. Mine haven't been there like yours.

17. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    I don't think these women are killing cops.
    Neither do I. You're avoiding my point.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

18. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If there was no wall, just a fence, the smugglers wouldn't need to tunnel under it and there would be no need for tunnel detecting. LOL And all the smugglers would need to do is clip some sections of fence. The idea is to make breaching the barrier difficult.

If you don't invest in stopping problems at the border, you will pay for the problems later. Why is this so hard for liberals to understand?
    Secure checkpoints along the American-Mexican border have become an increasingly popular entrance for drug smugglers entering the United States, a fact that could undermine President Donald Trump's argument for a border wall.

Customs agents at the San Ysidro Port of Entry, the busiest land border crossing in the world, check 50,000 vehicles and 20,000 pedestrians on an average day — and they do it 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Located just south of San Diego and a few miles north of Tijuana, there are countless attempts to bring drugs across the border: some successful, some not.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-walls-n724341

Is Trump going to shut down ALL traffic between the US and Mexico?

19. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)

20. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I said in an earlier post that we could build barriers such as we already have. However, the ignorance of the right wing ignores reality, as usual, favoring the lies of Trump. Three tunnels were discovered just in August so obviously the barrier there is preventing the outright smuggling. Another issue that the right wing ignores is that most of the problem with drug deaths is from fentanyl, not heroin, and that you can obtain by mail directly from China. Why not build up security on the ports of entry where 90% of the drugs are coming through? Why not build up the forces needed to protect from smuggling on the coasts, or through Canada?

But drugs are just an excuse. The real goal is just to keep poor Latino's/Hispanics from entering the country.

Why is reality so hard for the right wing to grasp? Trump had two years with both houses under his control, and did not take on this fight. Now, after he loses the House he wants to do so?

Why is it so hard for the right wing to face reality about illegal immigrants inside the borders and their contributions to the country? Why take a minor example of crimes committed by illegals, and act as if it is the majority? Why act as if they are a burden when they contribute more then they take? Why ignore the successes of the DACA children?

Why does the right wing choose to be ignorant just to satisfy the goals of their lying leader?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)