Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Wall Won't Stop This

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

It would be trivial to use ground penetrating radar to find tunnels along a wall. It could even be automated and built into the structure.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Put employers who hire illegals in prison and levy a heavy fine..
    You guys used to say illegals do the jobs Americans won't do. My own best friend said it to me and I had to object, asking her if she thought I didn't want to do my job. She had no idea illegals worked in the building trades. LOL

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Put employers who hire illegals in prison and levy a heavy fine..
    Does this include liberals who hire illegals as a maid? Meg Whitman ring a bell?

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

“Real power is, I don’t even want to use the word: ‘Fear.’” This quotation of President Trump talking to Bob Woodward of The Washington Post in 2016 tells you all you need to know about the man.

He defines power as making other people afraid.

This attitude is a sign of cowardice, not power.

“Fear: Trump in the White House”

Initially, Mr. Trump told the reporters that “real power is through respect,” according to a transcript of the interview. Then he added: “Real power is, I don’t even want to use the word: ‘Fear.’”
    Typical bully.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

kudzu (01-12-2019)

6. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    So you also don't believe in the hundreds of miles of border fencing put in place by Obama and supported by nearly all major democrats? Walls are a part of the solution and makes a lot of illegal immigration harder. This is because instead of just crossing the border, there is a barrier that people have to work around, like building tunnels. We should improve the border fencing by making them most harder to cross. We must also greatly restrict visiting visas because these are half the illegal immigration. In addition we must stop all government services to illegals including education since they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.
    How about fines of $1,000 per day per illegal if you're found to be hiring illegals?

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

7. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

kudzu (01-12-2019)

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old Trapper View Post
    I am really interested in how dumb fucks like you coe to such ignorant conclusions, and then think you have the intellect to make any kind of rational conclusion. You sid:

"So you also don't believe in the hundreds of miles of border fencing put in place by Obama and supported by nearly all major democrats?"

What a dumb fucking comment.
    Talking about yourself?

9. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello distraff,

Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    So you also don't believe in the hundreds of miles of border fencing put in place by Obama and supported by nearly all major democrats? Walls are a part of the solution and makes a lot of illegal immigration harder. This is because instead of just crossing the border, there is a barrier that people have to work around, like building tunnels. We should improve the border fencing by making them most harder to cross. We must also greatly restrict visiting visas because these are half the illegal immigration. In addition we must stop all government services to illegals including education since they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.
    If we don't increase immigration, the USA is going to die out. We are not having enough babies to maintain the population level where it is.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    Does this include liberals who hire illegals as a maid? Meg Whitman ring a bell?
    Trump hires illegals.

11. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    How about fines of $1,000 per day per illegal if you're found to be hiring illegals?

In Portland, Oregon the city set up an empty lot for illegal workers to get picked up and they supposedly guaranteed they would get $10/hr
    They call it "day labor"

12. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Trump hires illegals.

We know your rules are for republicans. I asked if liberals would be included

13. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

Focusing attention on drug trafficking at ports of entry would likely result in an increase in drug seizures, which would make America safer by keeping out some of the most dangerous substances affecting our population today.
    I disagree. There is an even more effective solution which will make America far safer than that. Legalize all drugs. Make them widely and easily available, no questions asked. Tax them. Raise revenue. Stop arresting people, trying them and incarcerating them. Huge savings in reduced demand for police, courts and prisons, freeing them up to focus efforts on other areas of crime.

This completely removes the profits from illegal drugs and turns drug selling into a legal business with an honest paycheck for doing a job, something the gangs have no interest in. It is the 'nuclear option' to end drug smuggling and shatter the power of gangs. Take away the profits.

Take all the new revenue and use it to fund a huge network of rehab centers. Have public awareness campaigns to steer drug abusers towards them. Treat drug abuse as the illness it is. The fact that it is a crime causes violence, huge costs, and death.

Legalize all drugs. Have widespread warnings about what is what, and what it will do to you. Instead of running from drugs, pretending the lure is not there, we need to accept them and take a whole new approach to dealing with people who don't know any better than to mess up their lives with drugs.

We should only be locking up violent people who are a danger.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)

15. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello kudzu,

I disagree. There is an even more effective solution which will make America far safer than that. Legalize all drugs. Make them widely and easily available, no questions asked. Tax them. Raise revenue. Stop arresting people, trying them and incarcerating them. Huge savings in reduced demand for police, courts and prisons, freeing them up to focus efforts on other areas of crime.

This completely removes the profits from illegal drugs and turns drug selling into a legal business with an honest paycheck for doing a job, something the gangs have no interest in. It is the 'nuclear option' to end drug smuggling and shatter the power of gangs. Take away the profits.

Take all the new revenue and use it to fund a huge network of rehab centers. Have public awareness campaigns to steer drug abusers towards them. Treat drug abuse as the illness it is. The fact that it is a crime causes violence, huge costs, and death.

Legalize all drugs. Have widespread warnings about what is what, and what it will do to you. Instead of running from drugs, pretending the lure is not there, we need to accept them and take a whole new approach to dealing with people who don't know any better than to mess up their lives with drugs.

We should only be locking up violent people who are a danger.
    The CDC has just reported a huge jump in overdose deaths in women 44 to 64.. and apparently these are prescription drugs.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

16. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

In Portland, Oregon the city set up an empty lot for illegal workers to get picked up and they supposedly guaranteed they would get $10/hr
    They call it "day labor"
    Are you sure its strictly for illegals?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

17. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The CDC has just reported a huge jump in overdose deaths in women 44 to 64.. and apparently these are prescription drugs.
    I know, right? One of the biggest threats is from big pharma. More reasons why we need a very large rehab system. Your way gets cops killed. Mine doesn't.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 01-12-2019 at 06:13 PM.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)

19. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,548 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 201 Posts

It would be trivial to use ground penetrating radar to find tunnels along a wall. It could even be automated and built into the structure.
    It would also be trivial to use infrared technology to spot human movement, or motion detectors with search lights. In any event, you do not need the wall.

BTW, ground penetrating radar built into the structure would limit its abilities to that small section.
    "2Timothy 3 "But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

rjhenn (01-13-2019)