Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 107

Thread: Wall Won't Stop This

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    La Pine, Oregon
    Posts
    2,456
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 929 Times in 654 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 52 Times in 48 Posts

    Default Wall Won't Stop This

    “We proclaim our devotion to democracy, but we sadly practise the very opposite of the democratic creed. We talk passionately about peace, and at the same time we assiduously prepare for war. We make our fervent pleas for the high road of justice, and then we tread unflinchingly the low road of injustice. This strange dichotomy, this agonising gulf between the ought and the is, represents the tragic theme of man's earthly pilgrimage.” MLK

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Trapper For This Post:

    PoliTalker (01-12-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    18,149
    Thanks
    8,748
    Thanked 8,047 Times in 5,520 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 478 Times in 473 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    “Real power is, I don’t even want to use the word: ‘Fear.’” This quotation of President Trump talking to Bob Woodward of The Washington Post in 2016 tells you all you need to know about the man.

    He defines power as making other people afraid.

    This attitude is a sign of cowardice, not power.

    “Fear: Trump in the White House”


    Initially, Mr. Trump told the reporters that “real power is through respect,” according to a transcript of the interview. Then he added: “Real power is, I don’t even want to use the word: ‘Fear.’”
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

    guno (01-12-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    32,395
    Thanks
    147
    Thanked 3,539 Times in 3,247 Posts
    Groans
    6
    Groaned 350 Times in 339 Posts

    Default

    Now, they demand the country provide for them and refuse to do for themselves. Times change and so should you.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,414
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,848 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 198 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Now, they demand the country provide for them and refuse to do for themselves. Times change and so should you.
    why do you hate Reagan?

    was he really black under that greasepaint?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    rjhenn (01-12-2019)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    So you also don't believe in the hundreds of miles of border fencing put in place by Obama and supported by nearly all major democrats? Walls are a part of the solution and makes a lot of illegal immigration harder. This is because instead of just crossing the border, there is a barrier that people have to work around, like building tunnels. We should improve the border fencing by making them most harder to cross. We must also greatly restrict visiting visas because these are half the illegal immigration. In addition we must stop all government services to illegals including education since they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to distraff For This Post:


  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    18,149
    Thanks
    8,748
    Thanked 8,047 Times in 5,520 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 478 Times in 473 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    So you also don't believe in the hundreds of miles of border fencing put in place by Obama and supported by nearly all major democrats? Walls are a part of the solution and makes a lot of illegal immigration harder. This is because instead of just crossing the border, there is a barrier that people have to work around, like building tunnels. We should improve the border fencing by making them most harder to cross. We must also greatly restrict visiting visas because these are half the illegal immigration. In addition we must stop all government services to illegals including education since they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.
    There are already 750 miles of fences or barriers that cover 48 legal ports of entry.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...outhern-border
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    There are already 750 miles of fences or barriers that cover 48 legal ports of entry.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...outhern-border
    But much of this fencing is pretty weak and easy to cross. Also there are holes in the fencing, and almost none across the Texan border. Lets again improve border fencing and trade this for amnesty for dreamers. Its a win win.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to distraff For This Post:

    Callinectes Ocasio-Cortez (01-12-2019), PoliTalker (01-12-2019), rjhenn (01-12-2019)

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    18,149
    Thanks
    8,748
    Thanked 8,047 Times in 5,520 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 478 Times in 473 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    But much of this fencing is pretty weak and easy to cross. Also there are holes in the fencing, and almost none across the Texan border. Lets again improve border fencing and trade this for amnesty for dreamers. Its a win win.
    The problem we are having with border security begins with Trump's LIES.


    The State Department estimated that exactly zero terrorists entered the United States from the U.S.-Mexico border. In fact, counties along the southern border are among the safest in the United States.

    The Department of Homeland security stated, “Most of these individuals are trying to enter the U.S. by air,” meaning the wall would be largely ineffective in preventing a terrorist threat.

    In order to apprehend those who pose the greatest threat to our nation’s safety, it is important to focus our resources, technology and attention in the areas where dangerous people attempt to enter the United States.

    Furthermore, there has been a sizable increase in cross-border trafficking of drugs such as heroin, fentanyl, methamphetamine and cocaine in recent years. According to Customs and Border Protection data, these drugs are almost entirely trafficked at the land ports of entry and at the 47 official border crossings.

    Despite the increase in drug trafficking, reports have shown that shifting the priority to zero-tolerance immigration enforcement diverted resources from pursuing more serious crimes like drug and human trafficking.

    Focusing attention on drug trafficking at ports of entry would likely result in an increase in drug seizures, which would make America safer by keeping out some of the most dangerous substances affecting our population today.

    3. Investing in technology and personnel

    A wall’s function is to create a physical barrier to prevent people from crossing. However, a wall cannot perform the myriad functions necessary to apprehend crossers, screen migrants, detect illicit behavior, etc. Department of Homeland Security staffers, border patrol agents and increased technology however, can.

    Technology, including cameras, fixed towers and aerial and underground sensors, can help combat cartels that are using highly sophisticated technology to cross the border.

    Expanding agencies like the Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Counterterrorism and Criminal Exploitation Unit prevents terrorists and other criminals from exploiting the nation's immigration system through fraud.

    Investing in the Biometric Entry-Exit System at all ports of entry helps screen those who enter into the United States efficiently and effectively. The need for a 21st-century approach to border security is something both Republicans and Democrats have called for, aiming to find new solutions to emerging problems.

    Placing the appropriate technology in the right places and training and building the skill set of personnel in key agencies makes America safer.

    The shutdown over the border wall needs to end. Many people in charge of keeping America safe are currently working without pay.

    Transportation Security Administration agents are calling in sick, and the growing strain on those who work for the Border Patrol, the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Secret Service could negatively impact the morale and quality of work of these vital agencies.

    Agreeing on a bipartisan deal to end the shutdown and paying the people who are in charge of our nation’s security makes America safer. Let us have a discussion in Congress about the border, with people who work and live at the border, to come up with bipartisan, contemporary, cost-effective solutions to improve our border security.

    Rachel Schmidtke is the program associate at the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, where she conducts research on the policies and trends of migration and U.S.-Mexico relations.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...outhern-border
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

    rjhenn (01-12-2019)

  15. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,733
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 1,231 Times in 867 Posts
    Groans
    137
    Groaned 84 Times in 80 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    But much of this fencing is pretty weak and easy to cross. Also there are holes in the fencing, and almost none across the Texan border. Lets again improve border fencing and trade this for amnesty for dreamers. Its a win win.
    Don't even think about putting some ugly fence up across Big Bend National Park. Or- I'll shoot your ass for just being stupid! LOL!

    And most of the Texas border is covered with the fence. The exceptions are the land barons that don't want a fence to fuck up the grazing of their animals.

    But even in those places, they know when illegals are on their land, and if are discovered, they are quickly reported by the ranchers and apprehended by border patrol!

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Adolf_Twitler For This Post:

    rjhenn (01-12-2019)

  17. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    La Pine, Oregon
    Posts
    2,456
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 929 Times in 654 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 52 Times in 48 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    So you also don't believe in the hundreds of miles of border fencing put in place by Obama and supported by nearly all major democrats? Walls are a part of the solution and makes a lot of illegal immigration harder. This is because instead of just crossing the border, there is a barrier that people have to work around, like building tunnels. We should improve the border fencing by making them most harder to cross. We must also greatly restrict visiting visas because these are half the illegal immigration. In addition we must stop all government services to illegals including education since they aren't supposed to be here in the first place.
    I am really interested in how dumb fucks like you coe to such ignorant conclusions, and then think you have the intellect to make any kind of rational conclusion. You sid:

    "So you also don't believe in the hundreds of miles of border fencing put in place by Obama and supported by nearly all major democrats?"

    What a dumb fucking comment.
    “We proclaim our devotion to democracy, but we sadly practise the very opposite of the democratic creed. We talk passionately about peace, and at the same time we assiduously prepare for war. We make our fervent pleas for the high road of justice, and then we tread unflinchingly the low road of injustice. This strange dichotomy, this agonising gulf between the ought and the is, represents the tragic theme of man's earthly pilgrimage.” MLK

  18. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    25,586
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Two human smuggling attempts were thwarted by Border Patrol and Mexican police after they observed groups of migrants attempting to cross into the United States from Baja California by cutting holes in a border fence.

    Border Patrol Agents observed groups of migrants attempting to cut through fenced barriers separating Calexico and Tecate, California, earlier this week, according to local reporting.

    The first incident occurred on January 9 when Border Patrol Agents assigned to the Calexico area notified Mexican authorities about four individuals believed to be human smugglers attempting to cut an opening in the border fence at Avenida Cristóbal Colón and Calle Bravo.

    After the arrival of Mexicali municipal police, the four jumped into a Toyota Scion and fled back toward inland Mexico.

    The municipal police were eventually able to stop the vehicle and arrested José Luis “N” aka “El Mirinda,” 24; Juan Eduardo “N,” 25; Angel “N,” 42; and Daniel Enrique “N,” 25, an illegal resident of Calexico, California.

    In the second illegal border crossing attempt, a total of 14 migrants were arrested by Tecate police after Border Patrol Agents alerted Mexican authorities at 11 pm Wednesday, according to a local report. Police responded to the area and arrested the 14 as they were reportedly cutting a hole in the dividing fence.

    The 14 were transferred to a holding camp in El Descanso.

    https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/01/11/mexican-police-halt-human-smugglers-attempts-to-cut-border-fence-in-california/

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    5,414
    Thanks
    726
    Thanked 2,882 Times in 1,848 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 198 Times in 188 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Two human smuggling attempts were thwarted by Border Patrol and Mexican police after they observed groups of migrants attempting to cross into the United States from Baja California by cutting holes in a border fence.

    Border Patrol Agents observed groups of migrants attempting to cut through fenced barriers separating Calexico and Tecate, California, earlier this week, according to local reporting.

    The first incident occurred on January 9 when Border Patrol Agents assigned to the Calexico area notified Mexican authorities about four individuals believed to be human smugglers attempting to cut an opening in the border fence at Avenida Cristóbal Colón and Calle Bravo.

    After the arrival of Mexicali municipal police, the four jumped into a Toyota Scion and fled back toward inland Mexico.

    The municipal police were eventually able to stop the vehicle and arrested José Luis “N” aka “El Mirinda,” 24; Juan Eduardo “N,” 25; Angel “N,” 42; and Daniel Enrique “N,” 25, an illegal resident of Calexico, California.

    In the second illegal border crossing attempt, a total of 14 migrants were arrested by Tecate police after Border Patrol Agents alerted Mexican authorities at 11 pm Wednesday, according to a local report. Police responded to the area and arrested the 14 as they were reportedly cutting a hole in the dividing fence.

    The 14 were transferred to a holding camp in El Descanso.

    https://www.breitbart.com/border/2019/01/11/mexican-police-halt-human-smugglers-attempts-to-cut-border-fence-in-california/
    wow, such a crisis at the border!

    oh my!!!

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

    rjhenn (01-12-2019)

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    87
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    The problem we are having with border security begins with Trump's LIES.


    The State Department estimated that exactly zero terrorists entered the United States from the U.S.-Mexico border. In fact, counties along the southern border are among the safest in the United States.

    The Department of Homeland security stated, “Most of these individuals are trying to enter the U.S. by air,” meaning the wall would be largely ineffective in preventing a terrorist threat.

    In order to apprehend those who pose the greatest threat to our nation’s safety, it is important to focus our resources, technology and attention in the areas where dangerous people attempt to enter the United States.

    Furthermore, there has been a sizable increase in cross-border trafficking of drugs such as heroin, fentanyl, methamphetamine and cocaine in recent years. According to Customs and Border Protection data, these drugs are almost entirely trafficked at the land ports of entry and at the 47 official border crossings.

    Despite the increase in drug trafficking, reports have shown that shifting the priority to zero-tolerance immigration enforcement diverted resources from pursuing more serious crimes like drug and human trafficking.

    Focusing attention on drug trafficking at ports of entry would likely result in an increase in drug seizures, which would make America safer by keeping out some of the most dangerous substances affecting our population today.

    3. Investing in technology and personnel

    A wall’s function is to create a physical barrier to prevent people from crossing. However, a wall cannot perform the myriad functions necessary to apprehend crossers, screen migrants, detect illicit behavior, etc. Department of Homeland Security staffers, border patrol agents and increased technology however, can.

    Technology, including cameras, fixed towers and aerial and underground sensors, can help combat cartels that are using highly sophisticated technology to cross the border.

    Expanding agencies like the Immigration and Customs Enforcement's Counterterrorism and Criminal Exploitation Unit prevents terrorists and other criminals from exploiting the nation's immigration system through fraud.

    Investing in the Biometric Entry-Exit System at all ports of entry helps screen those who enter into the United States efficiently and effectively. The need for a 21st-century approach to border security is something both Republicans and Democrats have called for, aiming to find new solutions to emerging problems.

    Placing the appropriate technology in the right places and training and building the skill set of personnel in key agencies makes America safer.

    The shutdown over the border wall needs to end. Many people in charge of keeping America safe are currently working without pay.

    Transportation Security Administration agents are calling in sick, and the growing strain on those who work for the Border Patrol, the FBI, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Secret Service could negatively impact the morale and quality of work of these vital agencies.

    Agreeing on a bipartisan deal to end the shutdown and paying the people who are in charge of our nation’s security makes America safer. Let us have a discussion in Congress about the border, with people who work and live at the border, to come up with bipartisan, contemporary, cost-effective solutions to improve our border security.

    Rachel Schmidtke is the program associate at the Wilson Center’s Mexico Institute, where she conducts research on the policies and trends of migration and U.S.-Mexico relations.

    https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...outhern-border
    Our priority should be to prevent illegal immigration so that we can ensure that immigrants who come on have valuable marketable skills, prevent over-saturation of the low-income jobs markets, we can make sure they are law-abiding citizens who share our values, prevent over-population, and make sure that our government programs aren't flooded with millions of low-income migrants.

    To aid this, we need expanded and improved border fencing, better technology on the border, and more border security. We can trade this for a dreamers acts. If we cut a deal like this to open the government, voters will be very happy.

  22. The Following User Says Thank You to distraff For This Post:

    noise (01-12-2019)

  23. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    15,028
    Thanks
    4,161
    Thanked 6,808 Times in 5,113 Posts
    Groans
    101
    Groaned 893 Times in 840 Posts

    Default

    The first incident occurred on January 9 when Border Patrol Agents assigned to the Calexico area notified Mexican authorities about four individuals believed to be human smugglers attempting to cut an opening in the border fence at Avenida Cristóbal Colón and Calle Bravo.

    After the arrival of Mexicali municipal police, the four jumped into a Toyota Scion and fled back toward inland Mexico.

    The municipal police were eventually able to stop the vehicle and arrested José Luis “N” aka “El Mirinda,” 24; Juan Eduardo “N,” 25; Angel “N,” 42; and Daniel Enrique “N,” 25, an illegal resident of Calexico, California.

    In the second illegal border crossing attempt, a total of 14 migrants were arrested by Tecate police after Border Patrol Agents alerted Mexican authorities at 11 pm Wednesday, according to a local report.
    Police responded to the area and arrested the 14 as they were reportedly cutting a hole in the dividing fence.
    fence slows them down and allows notification and apprehension.
    there are no downsides to a barrier

  24. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    18,149
    Thanks
    8,748
    Thanked 8,047 Times in 5,520 Posts
    Groans
    94
    Groaned 478 Times in 473 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by distraff View Post
    Our priority should be to prevent illegal immigration so that we can ensure that immigrants who come on have valuable marketable skills, prevent over-saturation of the low-income jobs markets, we can make sure they are law-abiding citizens who share our values, prevent over-population, and make sure that our government programs aren't flooded with millions of low-income migrants.

    To aid this, we need expanded and improved border fencing, better technology on the border, and more border security. We can trade this for a dreamers acts. If we cut a deal like this to open the government, voters will be very happy.
    Put employers who hire illegals in prison and levy a heavy fine..
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

Similar Threads

  1. GOLDEN GLOBES - anti--gun/wall celebs get massive gun/wall protection
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-07-2019, 09:07 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-20-2017, 08:40 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-18-2017, 12:52 AM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-18-2017, 06:29 AM
  5. CA Lt. Gov says he will stop Trump border wall with environmental lawsuits
    By Text Drivers are Killers in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-11-2017, 09:19 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •