Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Have We Had Enough of the Imperial Presidency Yet?

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,531 Times in 10,535 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 578 Times in 535 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    You think that is the same as King Daffy is doing? That explains a lot. Of course, the whataboutsomebody else is what reds rely on. Somebody, sometime did something different, but a little alike, so that is precedence for wat Trump does. It is just not the same.
    I think that for most on this board, those who think the Jersey worn by their "team" is the most important item when voting, that it is a matter of perspective. That often they'll overlook what they think is overreach when done by the "other side" when it is done by their own team thinking it is "reasonable action" when those jerks just keep saying "no".

If Trump declares a "national emergency" at the border to build his barrier on the 200 or so miles left where it will be effective, I will tell people I think it is overreach even though he pretends to wear the same jersey as my "team"... I do not believe that most here would if somebody wearing their jersey overreaches.
    Excellence is an art won by training and habituation. We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but rather we have those because we have acted rightly. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act but a habit.
    - -- Aristotle

Believe nothing on the faith of traditions, even though they have been held in honor for many generations and in diverse places. Do not believe a thing because many people speak of it. Do not believe on the faith of the sages of the past. Do not believe what you yourself have imagined, persuading yourself that a God inspires you. Believe nothing on the sole authority of your masters and priests. After examination, believe what you yourself have tested and found to be reasonable, and conform your conduct thereto.
    - -- The Buddha

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    - -- Aristotle

2. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I think that for most on this board, those who think the Jersey worn by their "team" is the most important item when voting, that it is a matter of perspective. That often they'll overlook what they think is overreach when done by the "other side" when it is done by their own team thinking it is "reasonable action" when those jerks just keep saying "no".

If Trump declares a "national emergency" at the border to build his barrier on the 200 or so miles left where it will be effective, I will tell people I think it is overreach even though he pretends to wear the same jersey as my "team"... I do not believe that most here would if somebody wearing their jersey overreaches.
    That 6 billion is a down payment on a far more expensive wall. When the Dems offered to provide 20 billion for the wall for DACA. that was not all the wall cost. But Trump turned it down.,Real estimates are in 70 billion range, not counting the intermitable court costs over eminent domain. Stories today about many tunnels being discovered. The wall does not work and it is only dealing with a small part of drug and immigrant crossing.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

kudzu (01-16-2019), rjhenn (01-18-2019)

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    You mean to tell me that your STILL don't know anything about coal? So give Trump credit.. If he lies and brags it MUST be true.

Your chart is ancient history! Post the new one in 2024 after Trump, and notice the rebound.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-18-2019)

6. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Just more ancient history. Again, post the new one in 2024 after Trump and take notice of the recovery!!!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

8. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Nancy said, “We have to pass the bill,so that you can find out what is in it — away from the fog of the controversy.”

Conservatives — abetted by dozens of political journalists who should have known better — immediately seized on a truncated version of the quote.
    Whatever version you like it's still an admission that they passed it without reading it. Are you saying the swamp rats all read every page of that foot high stack of steaming shit before they voted for it?

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

10. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    That 6 billion is a down payment on a far more expensive wall. When the Dems offered to provide 20 billion for the wall for DACA. that was not all the wall cost. But Trump turned it down.,Real estimates are in 70 billion range, not counting the intermitable court costs over eminent domain. Stories today about many tunnels being discovered. The wall does not work and it is only dealing with a small part of drug and immigrant crossing.
    When in hell did Democrats become fiscal conservatives worried about what anything COST?????? Oh! I know, just as soon as Trump beat the shit out of the felon Hillary Clinton, huh?

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

12. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Just more ancient history. Again, post the new one in 2024 after Trump and take notice of the recovery!!!!!
    You can't possibly be that ignorant. Do you also believe in fairy tales ? Trump will also spin straw into gold.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

13. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,566 Times in 17,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

When in hell did Democrats become fiscal conservatives worried about what anything COST?????? Oh! I know, just as soon as Trump beat the shit out of the felon Hillary Clinton, huh?
    You are a right-wing meme swallower. The fact is the Repugs have claimed fiscal conservatism and then cranked the dept up over and over. However, in their case it is the plan. The old starve the government that reds since Reagan have ben working for. Crank the debt up and then end all government programs and cut agencies. Fuck the poor and the middle class. The Repugs are the ones who spend.
    Last edited by Nordberg; 01-17-2019 at 02:18 PM.

14. The Following User Groans At Nordberg For This Awful Post:

Loving91390 (01-18-2019)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

kudzu (01-18-2019)

16. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

"We have to pass it to find out what's in it" the Obamacare stool sample. Putting coal out of business. strangling the economy with tons of regulations written by unelected bureaucrats, cutting an unconstitutional deal with the likes of terrorist Iran that was never consented to by the Senate. establishing DOCA with a stroke of the pen that even he admitted was unconstitutional.
    The usual rightie ignorance and delusion. Obama didn't write obamaCare. Coal is being driven out of business by the market. If those regulations were "strangling the economy", then why was that economy so healthy? Trump keeps appointing incompetent industry stooges whose only goal is removing all protections, putting profits before people. A "deal" is not a treaty. Your ignorance is boundless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

17. The Following User Groans At rjhenn For This Awful Post:

Loving91390 (01-18-2019)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

kudzu (01-18-2019)

19. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    The usual rightie ignorance and delusion. Obama didn't write obamaCare. Coal is being driven out of business by the market. If those regulations were "strangling the economy", then why was that economy so healthy? Trump keeps appointing incompetent industry stooges whose only goal is removing all protections, putting profits before people. A "deal" is not a treaty. Your ignorance is boundless.

Great post.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

20. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

Loving91390 (01-18-2019)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

rjhenn (01-18-2019)

22. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,432 Times in 1,124 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 158 Times in 148 Posts

Obama OWNS Obamacare ..... You idiots can pretend all you want !

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

24. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You can't possibly be that ignorant. Do you also believe in fairy tales ? Trump will also spin straw into gold.
    90% of what Trump is doing is cool with me! I only have a few issues with him. The military industrial complex spending racket, His signing of that outrageous debt bloated budget the Congress passed and his appointments of Status-Quo Swamp rats for his cabinet. I'm disappointed in his latest pick for AG. William Barr is a Mueller pal, a Rod Rosenstein buddy and a Bush generation never Trumper. I have little to no faith he'll clean the swamp rats out of the DOJ and FBI and indict and prosecute the bastards.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

26. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    The usual rightie ignorance and delusion. Obama didn't write obamaCare.
    It was only his signature achievement! No freaking President writes any legislation friend. Congress provides and passes all legislation. The ACA was an Obama request and promotion and Obama owns it. Freaking BIG insurance companies lobbyist wrote the damned thing just like lobbyist write most legislation that comes out of Washington.

Coal is being driven out of business by the market.
    Coal was put out of business by leftist environmentalist politicians that coal country folks voted for their whole existence till Trump. There's plenty of value left in industrial coal as America's most plentiful and reliable energy source and it has a tremendous value as an American export. Clean coal technology exist. When properly installed it's as clean an energy as Oil and even more available.

If those regulations were "strangling the economy", then why was that economy so healthy?
    What's your definition of "healthy?" A 2% GDP? Millions on food stamps? Coal country out of business, impoverished and addicted to pain killers?

Trump keeps appointing incompetent industry stooges whose only goal is removing all protections, putting profits before people. A "deal" is not a treaty. Your ignorance is boundless.

Trump has created a 3+% average GDP, the lowest unemployment in decades and the lowest unemployment for minority races in history. Trump has shamed the cheap NATO bastards into ponying up their fair share of NATO dues. Trump has been tougher on Russia, Syria and Iran than any President in our history. Trump seriously is striving to secure our southern border and shame our swamp rat Congress into legislating sane immigration policy. Trump has put American's tax dollars back into their pockets. Trump's policies have brought back and continue to bring back jobs to America. Trump has trashed Obama's overreaching idiotic regulations written by unelected bureaucrats and thereby stimulated a powerful roaring economy. If all of that is breaking your heart friend, your heart is in the wrong place.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

28. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL! When have republicans ever been fiscal conservatives, ya simp?

29. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Loving91390 View Post
    Obama OWNS Obamacare ..... You idiots can pretend all you want !
    My God, you are ignorant about healthcare too.