Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Have We Had Enough of the Imperial Presidency Yet?

1. #31 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    The usual paranoia about Obama.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Obama’s entire comments., “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked. We all agree on the need to better secure the border, and to punish employers who choose to hire illegal immigrants.”
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

2. #32 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The usual paranoia about Obama.

Obama’s entire comments., “We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked. We all agree on the need to better secure the border, and to punish employers who choose to hire illegal immigrants.”
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

3. #33 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Obama didn't shut down the government for 21 days and tell those workers to have a garage sale, you nincompoop.
    Countrybaby is another with an acute case of paranoia about Obama.

RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

4. #34 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

He can't explain it.. He just heard someone else say that.
    And he believes all of the lies that the right spewed about Obama.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

kudzu (01-14-2019)

6. #35 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    Is that the best you've got? Your debating skills are not even worthy of contempt.
    IOW, you're saying that he's no better than you are.

7. #36 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And, of course, nothing could be done about any of that due to the right wing obsession with seeing that Obama could accomplish nothing.

8. #37 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 73 Times in 64 Posts

IOW, you're saying that he's no better than you are.

At least my insults are creative.

9. #38 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

And he believes all of the lies that the right spewed about Obama.

Most drugs are smuggled into the United States onboard fishing boats, trains, tractor-trailers and ordinary cars that come into the country at legal ports of entry, according to former cartel members who’ve testified in the trial of notorious cartel leader Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman.

Some cartel members have testified about using underground tunnels. But none have said they’ve transported drugs into the United States at unwalled sections of the border.

The testimony comes at a time when President Donald Trump’s push for a border wall includes arguments that it would help stop the flow of drugs into the United States.

Trump tweeted Friday that without a steel barrier or wall along the US-Mexico border, “our Country cannot be safe. Criminals, Gangs, Human Traffickers, Drugs & so much other big trouble can easily pour in. It can be stopped cold!”

continued

https://kplr11.com/2019/01/12/traffi...of-the-border/

10. #39 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grugore View Post
    At least my insults are creative.
    Hardly. They're just run-of-the-mill insults.

11. #40 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Have We Had Enough of the Imperial Presidency Yet?
    Not yet, he's doing the best job of any President I can remember. I didn't vote for him but I will next time if he keeps up the great work!!!!!
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-18-2019)

13. #41 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf_Twitler View Post
    Obama's imperialism?

Do explain yourself- if you dare try! We're listening!
    "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" the Obamacare stool sample. Putting coal out of business. strangling the economy with tons of regulations written by unelected bureaucrats, cutting an unconstitutional deal with the likes of terrorist Iran that was never consented to by the Senate. establishing DOCA with a stroke of the pen that even he admitted was unconstitutional.
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Robo For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-18-2019)

15. #42 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    "We have to pass it to find out what's in it" the Obamacare stool sample. Putting coal out of business. strangling the economy with tons of regulations written by unelected bureaucrats, cutting an unconstitutional deal with the likes of terrorist Iran that was never consented to by the Senate. establishing DOCA with a stroke of the pen that even he admitted was unconstitutional.

You mean to tell me that your STILL don't know anything about coal? So give Trump credit.. If he lies and brags it MUST be true.

16. #43 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

17. #44 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    Nancy said, “We have to pass the bill,so that you can find out what is in it — away from the fog of the controversy.”

Conservatives — abetted by dozens of political journalists who should have known better — immediately seized on a truncated version of the quote. Pelosi was really expressing her confidence in the underlying merits of the bill, but it became instead a shorthand for the allegedly dodgy process through which Obamacare was passed.

But Pelosi never said the bill was enacted in secret or under cover of night, because it wasn’t. She said it was enacted in a fog of controversy. The controversy, naturally enough, focused on the most contentious aspects of the bill rather than on the most broadly popular. Much of it was about misunderstandings or misconceptions — claims that the bill contained death panels or did nothing to restrain health care costs — rather than on the Affordable Care Act’s concrete benefits.

Obama did nothing to hurt the Coal Industry. The Coal Industry is dying a natural death. More Coal Operations have shut down under the first 2 years of Donald Trump's Administration, than did under the entire 8 years of Obama's Administration- even after Donald Trump removed most Coal Regulations put in place by several generations of presidents.

Congressional responsibility in the Iran deal

Much of the responsibility for U.S. foreign policy falls under the authority of the executive branch. Congress does play a significant role, however, in foreign trade and commerce, immigration, foreign aid, the defense budget and any declarations of war. The Senate authorizes treaties and confirms the president’s cabinet nominees.

To avoid needing Senate approval for an agreement with a foreign power, the president can simply avoid calling the agreement a treaty. The Obama administration said the Iran deal was neither a treaty nor an executive agreement. Instead, the State Department said in a letter that the deal "reflects political commitments" between the seven nations involved.

When the president negotiates a deal that is not deemed a treaty, Congress -- if it wants a say on the deal -- must convince the president to give the legislative branch the power to approve or block the final deal.

That’s exactly what Congress did when it passed the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015, a bill that had bipartisan support and allowed Congress the right to review any agreement reached in the negotiations. Obama initially threatened to veto the bill but did not.

The regulations Obama approved of were put in place to prevent the kinds of problems that led to the Financial crisis that Obama Inherited as he became president.

The DACA program would have shielded as many as five million undocumented immigrants from deportation and allowed them to legally work in the United States.

The 4-4 tie, which left in place an appeals court ruling blocking the plan, amplified the contentious election-year debate over the nation’s immigration policy and presidential power.

When the Supreme Court agreed to hear the case in January, it seemed poised to issue a major ruling on presidential power. That did not materialize, but the court’s action, which established no precedent and included no reasoning, was nonetheless perhaps its most important statement this term. The decision was just nine words long: “The judgment is affirmed by an equally divided court.”

18. #45 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I don't remember a single D upset over Mr. "I have a pen and a phone" Obama, the Imperial President.
    You think that is the same as King Daffy is doing? That explains a lot. Of course, the whataboutsomebody else is what reds rely on. Somebody, sometime did something different, but a little alike, so that is precedence for wat Trump does. It is just not the same.