Members banned from this thread: Truth Detector, I Love America and CFM


Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: What if Obstruction was Collusion

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    42,128
    Thanks
    53,424
    Thanked 22,912 Times in 15,192 Posts
    Groans
    1,656
    Groaned 1,816 Times in 1,724 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default What if Obstruction was Collusion

    https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-if-...test-bombshell

    A lot of the criticism seems to be driven by the notion that the FBIís investigation was, and is, an effort to undermine or discredit President Trump. That assumption is wrong. The FBIís investigation must be viewed in the context of the bureauís decades-long effort to detect, disrupt and defeat the intelligence activities of the governments of the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation that are contrary to the fundamental and long-term interests of the United States. The FBIís counterintelligence investigation regarding the 2016 campaign fundamentally was not about Donald Trump but was about Russia. Full stop. It was always about Russia. It was about what Russia was, and is, doing and planning.
    Thatís why Iím so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,Ē Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    Cypress (01-12-2019), Frank Apisa (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,330
    Thanks
    7,969
    Thanked 10,182 Times in 5,106 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 553 Times in 527 Posts

    Default

    I would be surprised actually if the dim witted Donald Trump was an actual agent, an asset of Russian state security services.

    Trump is literally too stupid to be some kind of undercover mole, or to coordinate with FSB in some kind of byzantine and explicit clandestine operation.

    Russian state security also undoubtedly knows Trump is too freaking stupid to be trusted to be an official clandestine agent of FSB - he could not be trusted to totally blow his cover and give up the game.

    I have always maintained that Trump is a useful idiot to the Kremlin.

    Trump is obviously pro-Kremlin at some level. No American president, other than Trump, would ever say the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

    It has always been about the Kremlin, to me. Russia and the former Soviet Union have spent the better part of seven decades trying to discredit western liberal democracy, weaken and undermine America's alliances, and to isolate and dilute American leadership and power.

    Trump was the perfect dupe consistent with implementing the Kremlin's goals. The fact that he lost the popular vote by millions was just a bonus to FSB. What better way to discredit American democracy than to have an utter fool be installed in the oval office while being rejected by most voters.

    Undoubtedly Trump actively sought Russian help in winning an American election. But that was for personal gain. I would be surprised if Trump was actively collaborating with FSB in some elaborate and byzantine counter intelligence scheme

  4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    Phantasmal (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019), Tranquillus in Exile (01-12-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    12,546
    Thanks
    6,248
    Thanked 5,891 Times in 3,765 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 451 Times in 436 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I would be surprised actually if the dim witted Donald Trump was an actual agent, an asset of Russian state security services.

    Trump is literally too stupid to be some kind of undercover mole, or to coordinate with FSB in some kind of byzantine and explicit clandestine operation.

    Russian state security also undoubtedly knows Trump is too freaking stupid to be trusted to be an official clandestine agent of FSB - he could not be trusted to totally blow his cover and give up the game.

    I have always maintained that Trump is a useful idiot to the Kremlin.

    Trump is obviously pro-Kremlin at some level. No American president, other than Trump, would ever say the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

    It has always been about the Kremlin, to me. Russia and the former Soviet Union have spent the better part of seven decades trying to discredit western liberal democracy, weaken and undermine America's alliances, and to isolate and dilute American leadership and power.

    Trump was the perfect dupe consistent with implementing the Kremlin's goals. The fact that he lost the popular vote by millions was just a bonus to FSB. What better way to discredit American democracy than to have an utter fool be installed in the oval office while being rejected by most voters.

    Undoubtedly Trump actively sought Russian help in winning an American election. But that was for personal gain. I would be surprised if Trump was actively collaborating with FSB in some elaborate and byzantine counter intelligence scheme
    Trump is PRO TRUMP...and if he could increase his wealth by selling out the United States...my bet would be that he would do it in a heartbeat.

    Trump is PRO TRUMP! if being pro-Kremlin were useful to him in obtaining wealth...NOTHING ELSE would be considered.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

    Cypress (01-12-2019), Phantasmal (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    74,139
    Thanks
    3,406
    Thanked 16,464 Times in 13,741 Posts
    Groans
    1,769
    Groaned 1,980 Times in 1,877 Posts

    Default

    what if, just like there was no collusion, there was no obstruction........oh wait, that's why you're all busy looking for money laundering.......

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    2,686
    Thanks
    668
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 1,110 Posts
    Groans
    22
    Groaned 33 Times in 32 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    what if, just like there was no collusion, there was no obstruction........oh wait, that's why you're all busy looking for money laundering.......
    It's quite clear that Mueller is looking at obstruction and money laundering in relation to Russian meddling. If you think there wasn't any, hold on to that hope as long as you can ...

    But I agree with Cypress that Trump was and is a useful idiot rather than a knowing collaborator. If I were running an operation to subvert US democracy - as the Kremlin did - I sure as hell wouldn't confide in Trump.

  9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

    Cypress (01-12-2019), Phantasmal (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    42,128
    Thanks
    53,424
    Thanked 22,912 Times in 15,192 Posts
    Groans
    1,656
    Groaned 1,816 Times in 1,724 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I would be surprised actually if the dim witted Donald Trump was an actual agent, an asset of Russian state security services.

    Trump is literally too stupid to be some kind of undercover mole, or to coordinate with FSB in some kind of byzantine and explicit clandestine operation.

    Russian state security also undoubtedly knows Trump is too freaking stupid to be trusted to be an official clandestine agent of FSB - he could not be trusted to totally blow his cover and give up the game.

    I have always maintained that Trump is a useful idiot to the Kremlin.

    Trump is obviously pro-Kremlin at some level. No American president, other than Trump, would ever say the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

    It has always been about the Kremlin, to me. Russia and the former Soviet Union have spent the better part of seven decades trying to discredit western liberal democracy, weaken and undermine America's alliances, and to isolate and dilute American leadership and power.

    Trump was the perfect dupe consistent with implementing the Kremlin's goals. The fact that he lost the popular vote by millions was just a bonus to FSB. What better way to discredit American democracy than to have an utter fool be installed in the oval office while being rejected by most voters.

    Undoubtedly Trump actively sought Russian help in winning an American election. But that was for personal gain. I would be surprised if Trump was actively collaborating with FSB in some elaborate and byzantine counter intelligence scheme
    He has no filter, no one knows what he tells any world leader when he meets with them or has telephone conversations. I’m happy he doesn’t get in depth intelligence reports. I do believe he’s a useful idiot, flattered into being a pawn and looking for personal gain.
    Thatís why Iím so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,Ē Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    2,274
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 758 Times in 536 Posts
    Groans
    17
    Groaned 68 Times in 66 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    what if, just like there was no collusion, there was no obstruction........oh wait, that's why you're all busy looking for money laundering.......
    It's fun to watch you cringe in fear of the doom that is hovering over Donnie Twump's noggin.

    It's also delicious to contemplate the pain it will cause you and your brethren.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

  14. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,330
    Thanks
    7,969
    Thanked 10,182 Times in 5,106 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 553 Times in 527 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    He has no filter, no one knows what he tells any world leader when he meets with them or has telephone conversations. I’m happy he doesn’t get in depth intelligence reports. I do believe he’s a useful idiot, flattered into being a pawn and looking for personal gain.
    Nicely stated.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    Frank Apisa (01-12-2019), Phantasmal (01-12-2019)

  16. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    42,128
    Thanks
    53,424
    Thanked 22,912 Times in 15,192 Posts
    Groans
    1,656
    Groaned 1,816 Times in 1,724 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    It's fun to watch you cringe in fear of the doom that is hovering over Donnie Twump's noggin.

    It's also delicious to contemplate the pain it will cause you and your brethren.
    It’s obvious he didn’t read the article, as well.
    Thatís why Iím so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,Ē Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    CharacterAssassin (01-12-2019)

  18. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    14,925
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 7,273 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Groans
    2,738
    Groaned 1,422 Times in 1,327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    what if, just like there was no collusion, there was no obstruction........oh wait, that's why you're all busy looking for money laundering.......
    What do you base that on? Making shit up again.
    Trump with his sociopathic personality and enormous ego, coupled with his lack of knowledge about how the government works, made him an ideal candidate for Russia to get control of. Money works on him so well.

  19. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    This is all Russian Psyops to appear more powerful and fearful than they really are. Since Trump, this. If I had been Clinton it would be Uranium One and who knows what else with their foundation. They weren't in the bag for anyone. They had this set up either way.

  20. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    14,925
    Thanks
    152
    Thanked 7,273 Times in 4,944 Posts
    Groans
    2,738
    Groaned 1,422 Times in 1,327 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    This is all Russian Psyops to appear more powerful and fearful than they really are. Since Trump, this. If I had been Clinton it would be Uranium One and who knows what else with their foundation. They weren't in the bag for anyone. They had this set up either way.
    Uranium one is fake. That has been cleared up. However, it was Bannon who said Trumps biggest problem is money laundering. Now Trump's people colluding with Russians is known. His insiders are providing damning testimony. You can call it conspiring with Russians and Ukranians if it helps you sleep better, but Trump and his people are in serious hurt.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-18-2018, 03:57 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2018, 07:53 AM
  3. Replies: 101
    Last Post: 06-11-2018, 08:09 PM
  4. Mueller: no evidence of collusion or obstruction
    By Cancel 2018.2 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 05-10-2018, 09:44 AM
  5. Krauthammer: "Bungled collusion is stilll collusion."
    By Amadeus in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 07-14-2017, 01:09 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •