1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,765 Times in 33,630 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default What if Obstruction was Collusion

https://www.lawfareblog.com/what-if-...test-bombshell

A lot of the criticism seems to be driven by the notion that the FBI’s investigation was, and is, an effort to undermine or discredit President Trump. That assumption is wrong. The FBI’s investigation must be viewed in the context of the bureau’s decades-long effort to detect, disrupt and defeat the intelligence activities of the governments of the Soviet Union and later the Russian Federation that are contrary to the fundamental and long-term interests of the United States. The FBI’s counterintelligence investigation regarding the 2016 campaign fundamentally was not about Donald Trump but was about Russia. Full stop. It was always about Russia. It was about what Russia was, and is, doing and planning.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Cypress (01-12-2019), Frank Apisa (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

I would be surprised actually if the dim witted Donald Trump was an actual agent, an asset of Russian state security services.

Trump is literally too stupid to be some kind of undercover mole, or to coordinate with FSB in some kind of byzantine and explicit clandestine operation.

Russian state security also undoubtedly knows Trump is too freaking stupid to be trusted to be an official clandestine agent of FSB - he could not be trusted to totally blow his cover and give up the game.

I have always maintained that Trump is a useful idiot to the Kremlin.

Trump is obviously pro-Kremlin at some level. No American president, other than Trump, would ever say the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

It has always been about the Kremlin, to me. Russia and the former Soviet Union have spent the better part of seven decades trying to discredit western liberal democracy, weaken and undermine America's alliances, and to isolate and dilute American leadership and power.

Trump was the perfect dupe consistent with implementing the Kremlin's goals. The fact that he lost the popular vote by millions was just a bonus to FSB. What better way to discredit American democracy than to have an utter fool be installed in the oval office while being rejected by most voters.

Undoubtedly Trump actively sought Russian help in winning an American election. But that was for personal gain. I would be surprised if Trump was actively collaborating with FSB in some elaborate and byzantine counter intelligence scheme

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019), Tranquillus in Exile (01-12-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I would be surprised actually if the dim witted Donald Trump was an actual agent, an asset of Russian state security services.

Trump is literally too stupid to be some kind of undercover mole, or to coordinate with FSB in some kind of byzantine and explicit clandestine operation.

Russian state security also undoubtedly knows Trump is too freaking stupid to be trusted to be an official clandestine agent of FSB - he could not be trusted to totally blow his cover and give up the game.

Trump is obviously pro-Kremlin at some level. No American president, other than Trump, would ever say the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan was justified.

It has always been about the Kremlin, to me. Russia and the former Soviet Union have spent the better part of seven decades trying to discredit western liberal democracy, weaken and undermine America's alliances, and to isolate and dilute American leadership and power.

Trump was the perfect dupe consistent with implementing the Kremlin's goals. The fact that he lost the popular vote by millions was just a bonus to FSB. What better way to discredit American democracy than to have an utter fool be installed in the oval office while being rejected by most voters.

Undoubtedly Trump actively sought Russian help in winning an American election. But that was for personal gain. I would be surprised if Trump was actively collaborating with FSB in some elaborate and byzantine counter intelligence scheme
    Trump is PRO TRUMP...and if he could increase his wealth by selling out the United States...my bet would be that he would do it in a heartbeat.

Trump is PRO TRUMP! if being pro-Kremlin were useful to him in obtaining wealth...NOTHING ELSE would be considered.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Cypress (01-12-2019), Phantasmal (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post

He has no filter, no one knows what he tells any world leader when he meets with them or has telephone conversations. I’m happy he doesn’t get in depth intelligence reports. I do believe he’s a useful idiot, flattered into being a pawn and looking for personal gain.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

9. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 50,285 Times in 27,093 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,975 Times in 2,692 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    He has no filter, no one knows what he tells any world leader when he meets with them or has telephone conversations. I’m happy he doesn’t get in depth intelligence reports. I do believe he’s a useful idiot, flattered into being a pawn and looking for personal gain.
    Nicely stated.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-12-2019), Phantasmal (01-12-2019)

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,785 Times in 32,151 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,865 Times in 2,752 Posts
    Blog Entries

what if, just like there was no collusion, there was no obstruction........oh wait, that's why you're all busy looking for money laundering.......

12. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    what if, just like there was no collusion, there was no obstruction........oh wait, that's why you're all busy looking for money laundering.......
    It's quite clear that Mueller is looking at obstruction and money laundering in relation to Russian meddling. If you think there wasn't any, hold on to that hope as long as you can ...

But I agree with Cypress that Trump was and is a useful idiot rather than a knowing collaborator. If I were running an operation to subvert US democracy - as the Kremlin did - I sure as hell wouldn't confide in Trump.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Cypress (01-12-2019), Phantasmal (01-12-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

14. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,146 Times in 1,528 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 429 Times in 408 Posts
    Blog Entries

It's fun to watch you cringe in fear of the doom that is hovering over Donnie Twump's noggin.

It's also delicious to contemplate the pain it will cause you and your brethren.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to CharacterAssassin For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-12-2019)

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CharacterAssassin View Post
    It's fun to watch you cringe in fear of the doom that is hovering over Donnie Twump's noggin.

It's also delicious to contemplate the pain it will cause you and your brethren.
    It’s obvious he didn’t read the article, as well.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (01-12-2019)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

What do you base that on? Making shit up again.
    Trump with his sociopathic personality and enormous ego, coupled with his lack of knowledge about how the government works, made him an ideal candidate for Russia to get control of. Money works on him so well.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

This is all Russian Psyops to appear more powerful and fearful than they really are. Since Trump, this. If I had been Clinton it would be Uranium One and who knows what else with their foundation. They weren't in the bag for anyone. They had this set up either way.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,565 Times in 17,092 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    This is all Russian Psyops to appear more powerful and fearful than they really are. Since Trump, this. If I had been Clinton it would be Uranium One and who knows what else with their foundation. They weren't in the bag for anyone. They had this set up either way.
    Uranium one is fake. That has been cleared up. However, it was Bannon who said Trumps biggest problem is money laundering. Now Trump's people colluding with Russians is known. His insiders are providing damning testimony. You can call it conspiring with Russians and Ukranians if it helps you sleep better, but Trump and his people are in serious hurt.