Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 63

Thread: GOP bill tries to end shutdown

  1. #46 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,101
    Thanks
    2,575
    Thanked 3,867 Times in 2,978 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 649 Times in 624 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    a 2,000 mile wall that can't be breached and needs no maintenance is the most preposterous concept imaginable...first of all it's impossible build such a wall, secondly eminent domain court fights would postpone it indefinitely only one of Trump's marks could demand such nonsense
    They're a collection of sophists and dumbasses.

    All of them are egomaniacs. They need the wall because without it, they just look like a bunch of gullible dupes.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  2. #47 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,741
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 4,424 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 158 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    A wall is maintence free?

    The Trump administration wants to enforce border security with a combination of a physical wall and natural barriers that would protect the estimated 1,933 miles-long border between the United States and Mexico. Many different cost estimates have been thrown around, from as little as $8 billion to as much as $70 billion, with anywhere from $150 million per year to $750 million per year in maintenance.

    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...atistician.amp
    That's crazy. There's no need to spend that much on maintenance. A well constructed wall only needs periodic inspection and infrequent deterioration repairs.
    Haven't walls in other countries last hundreds and hundreds of years?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  3. #48 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Yes, Pelosi and Schumer do look like idiots, but they have for years...
    How come the Republicans didn't fund the wall,the two years they had ,House,Senate,White House?
    Melchizedek

  4. #49 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    Americans dont want this wall

    why should they be FORCED by the republican party to pay for it ?
    "Mexico will pay for the wall".
    Melchizedek

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to MASON For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019)

  6. #50 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    they could pass it with enough votes to over ride a trump opinion
    That would take Congressional Republicans having balls.
    Never happen
    Melchizedek

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to MASON For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019)

  8. #51 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    A wall is maintenance free and would give our border patrols less ground to cover.
    But yeah, I know, you'd rather this country overridden with illegals just to gain a few votes.
    Trump has turned your brain to mush
    Melchizedek

  9. #52 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,741
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 4,424 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 158 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    How come the Republicans didn't fund the wall,the two years they had ,House,Senate,White House?
    I cannot answer that.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  10. #53 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,741
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 4,424 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 158 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    Trump has turned your brain to mush
    Why do you say that?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  11. #54 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I cannot answer that.
    Then why can't you see it's a made up emergency by Trump!
    Why don't you back the wall paid for by Mexico as promised?
    Can you spell ladder or tunnel?
    Melchizedek

  12. #55 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Why do you say that?
    Because he blame the Democrats for not financing the wall.
    When Republican Congress had two years to fund it.
    Or as promised,Mexico would pay.
    But you blindly follow Trump who plays you like he plays a right wing Republican pussy.
    Melchizedek

  13. #56 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,741
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 4,424 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 158 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    Then why can't you see it's a made up emergency by Trump!
    Why don't you back the wall paid for by Mexico as promised?
    Can you spell ladder or tunnel?
    Illegal immigration has been going on for years. Schumer and Obama said the same thing but didn't do much about it.
    I knew Mexico wasn't paying for the wall, but the point was there is an illegal immigration problem.
    Yes, I can spell ladder and tunnel, can you carry or dig one after your journey through the desert?
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  14. #57 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,741
    Thanks
    1,016
    Thanked 5,946 Times in 4,424 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 158 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    Because he blame the Democrats for not financing the wall.
    When Republican Congress had two years to fund it.
    Or as promised,Mexico would pay.
    But you blindly follow Trump who plays you like he plays a right wing Republican pussy.
    What do you mean blindly follow? One of the bigger things he ran on was stopping illegal immigration, I thought that it was important long before Trump.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  15. #58 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Illegal immigration has been going on for years. Schumer and Obama said the same thing but didn't do much about it.
    I knew Mexico wasn't paying for the wall, but the point was there is an illegal immigration problem.
    Yes, I can spell ladder and tunnel, can you carry or dig one after your journey through the desert?
    Drug cartels dig endless tunnels!
    So you admit,Trump was a liar promising Mexico would pay for the wall!
    But yet the wall wasn't a emergency till Democrats took the house?
    I don't understand why anyone would believe a word Trump speaks!
    Melchizedek

  16. #59 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    17,769
    Thanks
    1,987
    Thanked 5,368 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Groans
    414
    Groaned 734 Times in 722 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    What do you mean blindly follow? One of the bigger things he ran on was stopping illegal immigration, I thought that it was important long before Trump.
    He ran on Mexico would pay for the wall! You ignore that!
    Obviously the Republican Party doesn't back the wall.
    Or the week after Trump took office they would have funded the Wall!
    Melchizedek

  17. #60 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    13,317
    Thanks
    1,401
    Thanked 6,141 Times in 4,101 Posts
    Groans
    328
    Groaned 1,220 Times in 1,133 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    What do you mean blindly follow? One of the bigger things he ran on was stopping illegal immigration, I thought that it was important long before Trump.

    Border apprehensions are down 72% from 19 years ago and that's with Obama doubling the border patrol agents. trump is just pandering to bunch of uneducated knuckle draggers.

Similar Threads

  1. Government Shutdown Won't Shutdown Deep State
    By hvilleherb in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2018, 07:54 PM
  2. Bill Clinton and Bill Cosbey chatting about date rape drugs
    By TheDonald in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 04:21 PM
  3. Owebama signs bill; government "shutdown" over
    By Big Money in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2013, 02:11 AM
  4. And the crowd chants, Bill! Bill! Bill! Bill!!!
    By Mott the Hoople in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-05-2013, 10:29 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-26-2011, 10:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •