1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello and welcome Tbird19482,

Excellent point. Thanks for posting.
    Thank you
    I have found it is so easy to show most right wing Trumpetts that they do not know what in the heck they are talking about.
    Hilary beat Trump by over 3 Million popular votes and Trump keeps saying it was one of the biggest Electoral College wins ever I don't believe 46 out of 58 ( i believe ) is one of the biggest wins ever
    I still have to ask them just why aren't they all up in arms over Trump running the debt up MORE in his first fiscal year then Obama did in 5 out of the 8 years he was in office
    Have a good night

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tbird19482 For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-16-2019)

3. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 371 Times in 328 Posts

The ONLY people who are stupid are the ones who think big government is the end all be all to America's problems.

THE OFFICIAL FLAG OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Boris The Animal For This Post:

MAGA MAN (01-15-2019)

5. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Boris The Animal View Post
    The ONLY people who are stupid are the ones who think big government is the end all be all to America's problems.
    That's really STUPID. Well done!

6. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello ThatOwlWoman,

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I have to disagree with you. I think a majority of them *are* stupid, as well as amoral, because we all knew what Toadstool was even before he ran for POTUS -- a lying, swindling, philandering con-man of the worst sort. Anyone who believes that this crass bloviating bankrupt bully was somehow going to magically transform and grow into the office of the President is -- frankly -- stupid.
    They may have done a stupid thing. But that doesn't make them, as people, stupid.

I know lots of very smart people in real life who are STILL Trump supporters.

It's hard to figure, because these people are not stupid.

I'm sure there are just plain stupid people who support Trump, but I am also certain there are some very stupid people who don't.

I simply do not believe support for our President is a fair indicator of intelligence level.

I think smart people can fool themselves.

I think the President himself is fairly smart, but is also very susceptible to fooling himself.

He is quite shrewd. He correctly deduced that he could use campaigning for the Presidency as a huge publicity stunt to further the value of his name as a marketing brand. And along the way, he began to believe his own BS that he would make a good President. Obviously that has not happened, but he's stuck with it because he has a psychological problem which prevents him from ever admitting he was wrong.

Now, we are a nation and a world caught up in the mental issues of one man.

And, though he has all the money he needs to afford the best mental counseling, he won't seek it out. Because in order to do that, he would first have to admit to himself that he is not perfect.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

I think you have good intentions, politalker, but your standard for sentient humans is simply much too low.

Trumpanzees knew exactly what they were getting, and they got exactly what they wanted.

Trumpanzees are thus irredeemable.

Forgiving them is a character flaw that itself cannot be forgiven.

8. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    What do you base sudden dislike on? Most Americans, I included thought it was a bad holdover. Of course, your sudden and extreme love of it is noted, Rightys bitched about the college and talked about deleting it for generations. Yopu are not close to honest. I cann see whay you love Trump. He is like you.
    Even Trump wanted it gone in the past.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

9. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Tbird19482,

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird19482 View Post
    Thank you
    I have found it is so easy to show most right wing Trumpetts that they do not know what in the heck they are talking about.
    Hilary beat Trump by over 3 Million popular votes and Trump keeps saying it was one of the biggest Electoral College wins ever I don't believe 46 out of 58 ( i believe ) is one of the biggest wins ever
    I still have to ask them just why aren't they all up in arms over Trump running the debt up MORE in his first fiscal year then Obama did in 5 out of the 8 years he was in office
    Have a good night
    It's a good point which deserves to be made.

President Trump constantly exaggerates to the point of spouting lies. The things he claims are just not so. Everything with him is bigger, better, the most ever, blah blah blah. Including his ego and lack of understanding.

I am not convinced that everyone who supports Trump is right wing. I think there are a lot of people who just felt he would be better for business, many who felt our nation was 'out of control,' and just wanted to 'shake things up,' and many who HATE government with a seething over-encompassing type of hatred, the type which allows them to justify believing in BS. This is Reagan's legacy, and it is no big surprise that Trump stole Reagan's slogan and capitalized on this. Reagan and Trump have one thing in common: They are both really good salesmen. Both have this talent for selling an idea. Problem is, it doesn't have to be a good idea. Both were usurped by the super-wealthy to do their dirty work. That is as plain as can be with Trump. He's relishes in getting nasty with people.

I think if we get nasty too, then we are playing his game. So I refuse. I don't take my leadership from someone whom I cannot respect. I have to follow my own moral compass. I post with as much respect as I can muster. Because that's the right thing to do. If I can't have a respectful conversation with somebody I simply don't want to talk to that person. They are welcome to read what I write, but I won't read nor respond to them. Thus, I believe I set an example which, if everyone were to follow that lead, we would have a functional nation which works as our founders intended, a self-governing populace of well-informed and actively engaged citizens.

That would TRULY make America greater.

10. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello and welcome Tbird19482,

Excellent point. Thanks for posting.
    Thank you again
    I will be around for some time
    It looks like some people on here should do a little research before posting
    have a nice day

11. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nifty,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    I think you have good intentions, politalker, but your standard for sentient humans is simply much too low.

Trumpanzees knew exactly what they were getting, and they got exactly what they wanted.

Trumpanzees are thus irredeemable.

Forgiving them is a character flaw that itself cannot be forgiven.
    I don't think hatred of others is logical.

It's emotional.

And that's how Trump works.

He plays on an emotional level.

That's why sense and facts are overlooked in his world.

I refuse to play that game.

12. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,747 Times in 33,618 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird19482 View Post
    Thank you again
    I will be around for some time
    It looks like some people on here should do a little research before posting
    have a nice day
    Welcome to the board, be sure to read our rules, especially 12b which trips a lot of posters up. Enjoy

13. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,759 Times in 7,263 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,060 Times in 1,005 Posts

Hello Nifty,

I don't think hatred of others is logical.

It's emotional.

And that's how Trump works.

He plays on an emotional level.

That's why sense and facts are overlooked in his world.

I refuse to play that game.
    It's not a game.
    I don't emotionally hate Trumpanzees.
    My profound contempt for them is cold and considered.

I am a mature man and am not controlled by emotions.
    Pure, Aristotelian reason and intellectual capacity is what tells me that Trumpanzees and all of their apologists are beyond redemption.

You reduce yourself terribly by making excuses for them.
    It's not something for an intelligent and moral man to do.
    Give it some quiet thought. Look what these cretins are doing.
    Hopefully, that will disgust you into cultivating the correct response toward them, politalker.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to NiftyNiblick For This Post:

rjhenn (01-17-2019)

15. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Phanny,

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Welcome to the board, be sure to read our rules, especially 12b which trips a lot of posters up. Enjoy
    Not the ones with good morals.

16. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hi Nifty,

Quote Originally Posted by NiftyNiblick View Post
    It's not a game.
    I don't emotionally hate Trumpanzees.
    My profound contempt for them is cold and considered.

I am a mature man and am not controlled by emotions.
    Pure, Aristotelian reason and intellectual capacity is what tells me that Trumpanzees and all of their apologists are beyond redemption.

You reduce yourself terribly by making excuses for them.
    It's not something for an intelligent and moral man to do.
    Give it some quiet thought. Look what these cretins are doing.
    Hopefully, that will disgust you into cultivating the correct response toward them, politalker.
    OK, poor choice of words. I know it's not a game.

And my intent is not to make excuses, but rather to be ultimately realistic.

Big picture. I have faith in the idea that our nation, and the world, can be OK if we keep trying to make that happen and spread that positive thinking.

Toward that end, I see the value of understanding and forgiveness.

And the harm of hurtful labels.

So I try to do what helps, and avoid doing what hurts.

I simply see nothing to be gained in using derogatory terms for others. But it would tend to further polarize the nation, which cannot be helpful.

It's just logic.

17. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I will make sure to read it
    Have a nice day

18. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Tbird19482,

It's a good point which deserves to be made.

President Trump constantly exaggerates to the point of spouting lies. The things he claims are just not so. Everything with him is bigger, better, the most ever, blah blah blah. Including his ego and lack of understanding.

I am not convinced that everyone who supports Trump is right wing. I think there are a lot of people who just felt he would be better for business, many who felt our nation was 'out of control,' and just wanted to 'shake things up,' and many who HATE government with a seething over-encompassing type of hatred, the type which allows them to justify believing in BS. This is Reagan's legacy, and it is no big surprise that Trump stole Reagan's slogan and capitalized on this. Reagan and Trump have one thing in common: They are both really good salesmen. Both have this talent for selling an idea. Problem is, it doesn't have to be a good idea. Both were usurped by the super-wealthy to do their dirty work. That is as plain as can be with Trump. He's relishes in getting nasty with people.

I think if we get nasty too, then we are playing his game. So I refuse. I don't take my leadership from someone whom I cannot respect. I have to follow my own moral compass. I post with as much respect as I can muster. Because that's the right thing to do. If I can't have a respectful conversation with somebody I simply don't want to talk to that person. They are welcome to read what I write, but I won't read nor respond to them. Thus, I believe I set an example which, if everyone were to follow that lead, we would have a functional nation which works as our founders intended, a self-governing populace of well-informed and actively engaged citizens.

That would TRULY make America greater.
    I have to say over the last year I have been pointing out the fact that Trump and many Republicans keep telling us just how much Obama ran up the debt well the FACT is Reagan almost tippled the debt and GW over doubled the debt
    There are many of them that keep telling the Republican lie that Obama doubled the debt or even tripled it and he didn't
    The only ones that doubled it ot almost tripled it were both Republicans Reagan and GW.
    I just wish some of these people would do a little research beforre they post.
    YES money wise Obama did run the debt up more then anybody else did, but he was handed the worst recession ever and being that bad there are only two ways out of it that is spend your way out or go into a major war like WWI or WWII
    he chose not to go to war and get thousands of our people killed
    have a nice evening