Thread: "Why do Liberals think Trump supporters are Stupid?"

1. #481 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evmetro View Post
    I never enjoyed rubbing victory into the faces of my political opponents before 2016. I got satisfaction from political victories but not like with Trump's BIG victory. The reason why I enjoy it so much now is because lefties have thrown such a fit this time. I have never been so disgusted with lefties like I am now, so I get great pleasure from debating with them about Trump's BIG victory. An endless thread of lefties defending their BIG loss is heaven for me, since lefties absolutely cannot win.
    You are clearly demented and just as clearly have lost. Your aversion to facts and reality is not helping you 'win'.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

2. #482 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    blah, blah, blah...

I never enjoyed rubbing victory into the faces of my political opponents before 2016. I got satisfaction from political victories but not like with Trump's BIG victory. The reason why I enjoy it so much now is because lefties have thrown such a fit this time. I have never been so disgusted with lefties like I am now, so I get great pleasure from debating with them about Trump's BIG victory. An endless thread of lefties defending their BIG loss is heaven for me, since lefties absolutely cannot win.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

3. #483 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

You don't debate. You just spout your delusional nonsense about Trump's "big win", ignoring all of the facts about what a mediocre win it actually was. But none of that is surprising. Trumpanzees can't deal with reality. That's why they blindly follow Trump.

RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-23-2019), Tbird19482 (01-23-2019)

5. #484 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Tbird,

Quote Originally Posted by Tbird19482 View Post
    over t I have s last ten or so years I have been posting on forums like this one most people don't bother to do any research into the subject they are posting on.
    I have found out over the years a lot of people on these forums don't bother to lookinto anything before they post
    and I have been on other forums where there seemed to be a lot of Russian posters super right wing trumpters that kept saying Trump has no ties to Russia well I guess they have never done any reading and watched any news except Fox the super right wings station
    it worrys me that they can and are doing this
    have a good night
    This is a well-informed position.

I have noticed the same thing.

I have a lot of people on Ignore.

Some of them mouthed off to me just because I posted facts they did not want to admit.

Mind you, they did not even TRY to dispute the facts. They just wanted to vent and unload their frustration on anybody who repeated them.

And the weird thing is, they stay frustrated. The venting/unloading doesn't help relieve their stress.

That's because the stress is caused by trying so hard to ignore the true and verified things they don't wish to believe.

They appear to have a very simple motivation:

"Must pay lower taxes. Absolutely NOTHING else matters."

The world could literally be falling apart around them. It wouldn't matter.

Talk about dangerous obsessions...
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Tbird19482 (01-23-2019)

7. #485 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Evmetro,

I never enjoyed rubbing victory into the faces of my political opponents before 2016. I got satisfaction from political victories but not like with Trump's BIG victory.
    It wasn't a big victory. Why are you fooling yourself?

The reason why I enjoy it so much now is because lefties have thrown such a fit this time.
    That was in 2016. Are you stuck on Nov 8th 2016 like some recurring movie?

I have never been so disgusted with lefties like I am now,
    Why is that? Don't you believe in the strength of a diverse nation with many various viewpoints being voiced? You know - democracy?

so I get great pleasure from debating with them about Trump's BIG victory.
    A 'big victory' that you have imagined?

An endless thread of lefties defending their BIG loss is heaven for me, since lefties absolutely cannot win.
    Apparently you totally missed the 2018 election?

And why do you think the left can't win?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Tbird19482 (01-23-2019)

9. #486 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

All political positions are come at by a mixture of feeling and thought - if you have no heart there are (probably) better ways than politics to make money, and if you can't use your head, why should anyone be interested in your mouthings? It seems to me that not only have the current Republicans given up rational discussion, the emotions they run on are desperately negative ones: when challenged they inevitably move to some sort of hate-speech, often of people from the past, whole 'national', ethnic or cultural groups, anyone. This is not a matter of IQ but of point: what conceivable point do they see in anyone's talking to them at all, when all that happens is abuse? 'Stupid' is a polite word to use for this behaviour. That's why I put several on 'Ignore' - I might otherwise feel called to use some of the other words!

10. #487 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello iolo,

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    All political positions are come at by a mixture of feeling and thought - if you have no heart there are (probably) better ways than politics to make money, and if you can't use your head, why should anyone be interested in your mouthings? It seems to me that not only have the current Republicans given up rational discussion, the emotions they run on are desperately negative ones: when challenged they inevitably move to some sort of hate-speech, often of people from the past, whole 'national', ethnic or cultural groups, anyone. This is not a matter of IQ but of point: what conceivable point do they see in anyone's talking to them at all, when all that happens is abuse? 'Stupid' is a polite word to use for this behaviour. That's why I put several on 'Ignore' - I might otherwise feel called to use some of the other words!
    I like talking to people who have a positive outlook on life - that's what I want to surround myself with. Positive people. I figure life is too short to spend it with depressed / depressing people / negativity.

When I criticize the policies of the right, I do it with the intent that I am pointing out flaws so that improvements can be made. I am trying to be helpful. Naturally, many do not want to hear about their errors in judgement. They are so intent upon denying the truth that they, with no good way to dispute fact, resort to ugliness. I am all for discussing a subject and why people believe the things they do, but I have zero interest in engaging in an insult contest. I came to Just Plain Politics, not Just Plan Insults. So those posters go on permanent Ignore. Once those rude posters are removed from my view, the posting experience improves vastly. I like talking to nice people.

The nicer people from the right don't have to get nasty to get their point across. They usually dispute basic facts, or choose to focus only on what supports their beliefs.

All of this only affirms my own beliefs. I have the impression that the right is mostly motivated by hatred for the left, and somewhat by simply disputing basic facts and science. None of that has convinced me there is any reason to change my view. It actually strengthens my view when I hear why the right believes what they do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

iolo (01-24-2019)

12. #488 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 11 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    'An anguished question from a Trump supporter: "Why do liberals think Trump supporters are stupid?"

The serious answer: Here’s what we really think about Trump supporters - the rich, the poor, the malignant and the innocently well-meaning, the ones who think and the ones who don't...

That when you saw a man who had owned a fraudulent University, intent on scamming poor people, you thought "Fine."

That when you saw a man who had made it his business practice to stiff his creditors, you said, "Okay."

That when you heard him proudly brag about his own history of sexual abuse, you said, "No problem."

That when he made up stories about seeing muslim-Americans in the thousands cheering the destruction of the World Trade Center, you said, "Not an issue."

That when you saw him brag that he could shoot a man on Fifth Avenue and you wouldn't care, you chirped, "He sure knows me."

That when you heard him illustrate his own character by telling that cute story about the elderly guest bleeding on the floor at his country club, the story about how he turned his back and how it was all an imposition on him, you said, "That's cool!"

That when you saw him mock the disabled, you thought it was the funniest thing you ever saw.

That when you heard him brag that he doesn't read books, you said, "Well, who has time?"

That when the Central Park Five were compensated as innocent men convicted of a crime they didn't commit, and he angrily said that they should still be in prison, you said, "That makes sense."

That when you heard him tell his supporters to beat up protesters and that he would hire attorneys, you thought, "Yes!"

That when you heard him tell one rally to confiscate a man's coat before throwing him out into the freezing cold, you said, "What a great guy!"

That you have watched the parade of neo-Nazis and white supremacists with whom he curries favor, while refusing to condemn outright Nazis, and you have said, "Thumbs up!"

That you hear him unable to talk to foreign dignitaries without insulting their countries and demanding that they praise his electoral win, you said, "That's the way I want my President to be."

That you have watched him remove expertise from all layers of government in favor of people who make money off of eliminating protections in the industries they're supposed to be regulating and you have said, "What a genius!"

That you have heard him continue to profit from his businesses, in part by leveraging his position as President, to the point of overcharging the Secret Service for space in the properties he owns, and you have said, "That's smart!"

That you have heard him say that it was difficult to help Puerto Rico because it was the middle of water and you have said, "That makes sense."

That you have seen him start fights with every country from Canada to New Zealand while praising Russia and quote, "falling in love" with the dictator of North Korea, and you have said, "That's statesmanship!"

That Trump separated children from their families and put them in cages, managed to lose track of 1500 kids. has opened a tent city incarceration camp in the desert in Texas - he explains that they’re just “animals” - and you say, “well, ok then.”

That you have witnessed all the thousand and one other manifestations of corruption and low moral character and outright animalistic rudeness and contempt for you, the working American voter, and you still show up grinning and wearing your MAGA hats and threatening to beat up anybody who says otherwise.

What you don't get, Trump supporters in 2019, is that succumbing to frustration and thinking of you as stupid may be wrong and unhelpful, but it's also...hear me...charitable.

Because if you're NOT stupid, we must turn to other explanations, and most of them are less flattering.'
    This looks like a question for Dr. Obvious PhD!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Troll For This Post:

Tbird19482 (01-23-2019)

14. #489 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    Trumpanzees can't deal with reality.
    Here is the reality: Trump kicked Hillary's ass with 306 votes to Hillary's paltry 232. I have the upper hand in this debate, since Trump really did kick Hillary's ass with 306 ass kicking votes and Hillary really was only able to round up a lousy 232 votes.

15. #490 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post

It wasn't a big victory. Why are you fooling yourself?

A 'big victory' that you have imagined?
    Here is the reality: Trump kicked Hillary's ass with 306 votes to Hillary's paltry 232. I have the upper hand in this debate, since Trump really did kick Hillary's ass with 306 ass kicking votes and Hillary really was only able to round up a lousy 232 votes.

16. #491 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Evmetro,

Nobody is debating those numbers.

Maybe you are just trying to convince yourself of something which is not real.

The electoral college win was really only a few states which barely went for Trump by thin margins, but since those states are winner-take-all, then all of the electoral votes for those states go to whomever may have just barely eeked out a win.

Looks to me like you are trying really hard to forget that Hillary got more votes.

The election is over.

When will you get past it?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Tbird19482 (01-23-2019)

18. #492 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If 232 is paltry that means Trump's first 232 votes were paltry.

19. #493 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The difference between 232 and 306 is 74.

Only 74 votes separated them.

But that's not the whole story.

You really have to look at half of that.

74/2 = 37.

Why look at half?

Because any vote that Trump did not get would have gone to Hillary.

If 1 vote flips then it reduces the difference by 2 votes.

That's why you only look at half.

So if 37 votes flipped, it would have been a tie.

If 38 votes flipped, it would have gone to Hillary.

38 electoral votes isn't a big margin.

Florida barely went for Trump. That was 29 votes right there.

Couple that with any other state which barely went for Trump and had at least 9 electoral votes, and it would not have taken much to reverse the entire election.

Trump barely won by 2 states.

Thin margin, overinflated by the misrepresentative electoral college totals, which do not reflect the overall vote.

20. #494 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Looks to me like you are trying really hard to forget that Hillary got more votes.

21. #495 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If 232 is paltry that means Trump's first 232 votes were paltry.
    Indeed. This is the kind of stuff that gives me the warm fuzzies, thanks. I absolutely love it when lefties come up with new ways to marginalize Trumps BIG victory. Poli, your statement is solid gold!