Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63

Thread: Ok, you did not like the gum, try to avoid this one!

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    56,122
    Thanks
    3,893
    Thanked 14,281 Times in 9,759 Posts
    Groans
    242
    Groaned 1,753 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Ok, you did not like the gum, try to avoid this one!

    Imagine your reaction if Obamacare had not been passed by Congress, so Obama declared a National Emergency regarding health care and created it anyway?

    How would you react?
    4,487

    Liberals... if you want to read something funny... https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...arah-Barracuda

    "The Government will not be open until we have a wall" - DJT

    January 11, 2016 - ďI have no deals in Russia, I have no deals that could have been in Russia.Ē

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,874
    Thanks
    1,045
    Thanked 6,030 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 159 Times in 152 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Imagine your reaction if Obamacare had not been passed by Congress, so Obama declared a National Emergency regarding health care and created it anyway?

    How would you react?
    They did just that, you dolt!

    Pelosi: "Congress "[has] to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it, away from the fog of controversy."

    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...ut-whats-in-it
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to RB 60 For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    56,122
    Thanks
    3,893
    Thanked 14,281 Times in 9,759 Posts
    Groans
    242
    Groaned 1,753 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    They did just that, you dolt!

    Pelosi: "Congress "[has] to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it, away from the fog of controversy."

    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...ut-whats-in-it
    They did not declare an emergency you dolt, stop lying.

    Congress passed Obamacare.

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    38,466
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 4,870 Times in 4,401 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 408 Times in 397 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Imagine your reaction if Obamacare had not been passed by Congress, so Obama declared a National Emergency regarding health care and created it anyway?

    How would you react?
    Show me in the Constitution where the President has any delegated authority over healthcare.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    56,122
    Thanks
    3,893
    Thanked 14,281 Times in 9,759 Posts
    Groans
    242
    Groaned 1,753 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Show me in the Constitution where the President has any delegated authority over healthcare.
    State of Emergency.... That does not seem to matter to you!

    Show me in the Constitution where the president has any authority over the purse strings?

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    43,724
    Thanks
    56,148
    Thanked 24,227 Times in 15,996 Posts
    Groans
    1,858
    Groaned 2,148 Times in 2,015 Posts
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default

    The worst thing he plans to do is take the money for his wall from disaster relief, Texas and Florida, two states he needs to win re-election. Our politicians aren’t happy.
    Thatís why Iím so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,Ē Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

  10. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    18,228
    Thanks
    2,609
    Thanked 3,897 Times in 3,002 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 659 Times in 634 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    State of Emergency.... That does not seem to matter to you!

    Show me in the Constitution where the president has any authority over the purse strings?
    I say open the government and dare Trump to use this emergency power.

    It's a lose-lose for Trump and Conservatives because the courts are never going to allow it, and if they did, it sets precedent that the next Democratic President can simply declare a public health emergency and use those emergency powers to establish single payer (emergency health care crisis), gun control (emergency gun control crisis), seizing and breaking up Wall Street (emergency economic crisis) and/or Green New Deal (environmental emergency crisis).
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  11. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    38,466
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 4,870 Times in 4,401 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 408 Times in 397 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    State of Emergency.... That does not seem to matter to you!

    Show me in the Constitution where the president has any authority over the purse strings?
    Because people refuse to do things like buy healthcare for themselves is not a national emergency.

    The President signs spending bills. Didn't you know?

  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Dark Soul (01-11-2019), Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    38,466
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 4,870 Times in 4,401 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 408 Times in 397 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I say open the government and dare Trump to use this emergency power.

    It's a lose-lose for Trump and Conservatives because the courts are never going to allow it, and if they did, it sets precedent that the next Democratic President can simply declare a public health emergency and use those emergency powers to establish single payer (emergency health care crisis), gun control (emergency gun control crisis), seizing and breaking up Wall Street (emergency economic crisis) and/or Green New Deal (environmental emergency crisis).

    No one give a fuck what you say. You aren't man enough to come to a place where you've been given specific directions.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Dark Soul (01-11-2019), Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    56,122
    Thanks
    3,893
    Thanked 14,281 Times in 9,759 Posts
    Groans
    242
    Groaned 1,753 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Because people refuse to do things like buy healthcare for themselves is not a national emergency.

    The President signs spending bills. Didn't you know?
    Thatís your opinion, many donít consider the immigration problem an emergency.

    The president signs healthcare bills.

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,874
    Thanks
    1,045
    Thanked 6,030 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 159 Times in 152 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    They did not declare an emergency you dolt, stop lying.

    Congress passed Obamacare.
    I didn't say they declared an emergency, just that a Republican Congress passed it without shutting down the Gov't. or declaring any emergency when most Americans were against it.
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  17. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    56,122
    Thanks
    3,893
    Thanked 14,281 Times in 9,759 Posts
    Groans
    242
    Groaned 1,753 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    I didn't say they declared an emergency, just that a Republican Congress passed it without shutting down the Gov't. or declaring any emergency when most Americans were against it.
    OK, so not relevant.

  18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

    Rune (01-12-2019)

  19. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    9,874
    Thanks
    1,045
    Thanked 6,030 Times in 4,488 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 159 Times in 152 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    I say open the government and dare Trump to use this emergency power.

    It's a lose-lose for Trump and Conservatives because the courts are never going to allow it, and if they did, it sets precedent that the next Democratic President can simply declare a public health emergency and use those emergency powers to establish single payer (emergency health care crisis), gun control (emergency gun control crisis), seizing and breaking up Wall Street (emergency economic crisis) and/or Green New Deal (environmental emergency crisis).
    So you're for destroying the country as it was founded?
    You pathetic socialist...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  20. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    38,466
    Thanks
    168
    Thanked 4,870 Times in 4,401 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 408 Times in 397 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    That’s your opinion, many don’t consider the immigration problem an emergency.

    The president signs healthcare bills.
    Just like immigration not being one is yours.

    You're not proposing it as a bill. You talked about declaring healthcare a national emergency. When it come to healthcare, the biggest problem is people refusing to provide it to themselves then demanding taxpayers fund it for them.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  22. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    115,111
    Thanks
    31,204
    Thanked 17,655 Times in 13,759 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 13,886 Times in 12,888 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    They did just that, you dolt!

    Pelosi: "Congress "[has] to pass the bill so you can find out what's in it, away from the fog of controversy."

    https://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs...ut-whats-in-it
    which complicated bill has been fully read by Americans including all rewrites during debate until its passed and offered to the other branches?

    fucking none you ass drip


    quit pretending she was NOT being anything but honest


    this is why no one can honestly negociate with your russo bot hole party anymore

Similar Threads

  1. How to Avoid the Coming Civil War
    By hvilleherb in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 06-17-2018, 09:08 AM
  2. Lefties should avoid
    By Teflon Don in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-22-2014, 06:02 AM
  3. Issues they avoid
    By I'm Watermark in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2013, 05:32 AM
  4. How to avoid Obamacare......
    By NOVA in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-02-2011, 04:02 PM
  5. How to avoid the flu
    By Cancel 2018. 3 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2011, 08:05 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •