Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Miami airport to close terminal as gov shutdown continues

1. #46 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,410 Times in 10,039 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    You really should stop watching MSNBC. According to the Senate website, Trump has not done the veto thing on any legislation to date https://www.senate.gov/reference/Leg...vetoCounts.htm
    Enough with the sophistry.

It's not clever, and it's not helping your case.

It's just exposing your flank to another attack.

The bill to reopen the government already passed the Senate back in December, unanimously.

Trump is the one who said he refuses to open the government (aka sign that bill) unless it includes funding for his wall.

McConnell has 100% of the Senate's vote (including himself; he also voted for that bill in December) but is refusing to do his Constitutionally mandated duty by ceding Legislative power to the Executive Branch.

The only reason he's doing that is because of the $2.5M he got from Russia.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (01-11-2019)

3. #47 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Boo hoo you got called out for your special needs level tripe, lies, and failed policies by someone lefter than you and you have to declare my parents horrible people. Fuck you and your party and you are still an uneducated misinformed liar as Trump has NEVER VETOED A SINGLE PIECE OF LEGISLATION LET ALONE anything that would have avoided this shutdown. Tell your boss Mr. Soros he needs to send you back to re-education camp but on the short bus.
    Sophistry is all you can do now.

I don't get why you would rather eat a metric ton of shit later instead of just eating a bite of shit today?

4. #48 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    better cook your streaks well done and avoid produce altogether, no USDA food inspections going on
    One has nothing to do with the other

Only an idiot would cook a steak to well done

5. #49 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Miami International Airport is closing a terminal this weekend due to the government shutdown because security screeners have been calling in sick at twice the airport's normal rate.

Friday marks the first day screeners will miss a paycheck, and airport spokesman Greg Chin said there's a concern there won't be enough workers to handle all 11 checkpoints during normal hours over the weekend.

Chin said Terminal G will close at 1 p.m. Saturday, reopen for flights Sunday morning and close again at 1 p.m. that day. The terminal serves United Airlines along with smaller carriers. Its closure means restaurants and shops that depend on departing flights also will close..............................

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wir...inues-60309558

Wow ... an entire terminal CLOSED ... they only have 3

Another example of the #TrumpShutDown affecting small businesses.
    Cool. I don't fly into or out of Miami. So I don't care

6. #50 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Miami International Airport is closing a terminal this weekend due to the government shutdown because security screeners have been calling in sick at twice the airport's normal rate.

Friday marks the first day screeners will miss a paycheck, and airport spokesman Greg Chin said there's a concern there won't be enough workers to handle all 11 checkpoints during normal hours over the weekend.

Chin said Terminal G will close at 1 p.m. Saturday, reopen for flights Sunday morning and close again at 1 p.m. that day. The terminal serves United Airlines along with smaller carriers. Its closure means restaurants and shops that depend on departing flights also will close..............................

Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wir...inues-60309558

Wow ... an entire terminal CLOSED ... they only have 3

Another example of the #TrumpShutDown affecting small businesses.
    Trump enjoys hurting Americans.. His motto is "Fear is Power".. and yes there's a video.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

7. #51 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post

Trump eats his steak well done with Ketchup... and yes the FDA is shut down.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

8. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (01-11-2019)

9. #52 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Trump eats his steak well done with Ketchup... and yes the FDA is shut down.
    OMG

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT THE FDA!!!!!!!!!!!

10. #53 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post

Only an idiot would eat a steak that isn't inspected by the USDA.

11. #54 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Boo hoo you got called out for your special needs level tripe, lies, and failed policies by someone lefter than you and you have to declare my parents horrible people. Fuck you and your party and you are still an uneducated misinformed liar as Trump has NEVER VETOED A SINGLE PIECE OF LEGISLATION LET ALONE anything that would have avoided this shutdown. Tell your boss Mr. Soros he needs to send you back to re-education camp but on the short bus.
    OMG you actually believe the Soros conspiracy.

12. #55 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    That’s crazy talk by someone who has submitted their life to the gobblement

I feel sorry for you. I kill and cook my own food. No FDA inspection needed

13. #56 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

Good. Let a private firm take over.

14. #57 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

OK, Gimp, you go with that.

USDA Meat Inspection System Poor

Fecal matter and other contaminants are getting into the U.S. meat supply because the Clinton administration’s new inspection system gives industry too much control over the quality of food the government stamps with approval, a new consumer watchdog report says.

“The Jungle 2000,” — the report by the Government Accountability Project, a Washington-based public-interest law firm, and Public Citizen, a Washington-based consumer group — surveys conditions reported by 451 federal meat inspectors at 92 percent of the country’s meat-processing plants.

The groups say the inspection system — begun by the Clinton administration five years ago and called the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point program — weakens the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s authority by giving industry a larger role in monitoring safety.

Inspectors Cannot Inspect

“Our survey warns consumers that on a good day, their meat and poultry are inspected under an industry honor system, federal inspectors check paperwork, not food, and are prohibited from removing feces and other contaminants before products are stamped with the purple USDA seal of approval,” says Felicia Nestor, food safety project director with the Government Accountability Project and co-author of the 64-page report.

Under the old system, in place since 1906, government inspectors continuously inspected beef, pork and poultry during the slaughter and the processing of the product and relied on sight, touch and smell to check for animal disease or fecal matter, the groups say. In the new system, industry rather than government determines when and where inspectors are situated along the food-processing plant line, they say.

“Federal inspectors spend much less time than under the old system actually checking food and much more time checking company paperwork,” says Nestor.

In July 1999, the Government Accountability Project sent a 14-page survey with 114 questions to approximately 2,340 meat inspectors, of which 451 responded, says Nestor. The inspectors had spent an average of 18.5 years as federal meat and poultry inspectors.

Inspectors Seeing Contaminants

On one question, 210 inspectors out of 327 indicated that since the new inspection program began at their plant, there had been instances when they had not taken direct action against contamination in meat such as feces, vomit and metal shards. The inspectors said they would have taken action under the old system. And 206 of the 210 say such contamination occurs daily or weekly.

Based on the older standards, said 125 inspectors in the survey, half the current contamination would have been classified as either “certain to be adulterated, misbranded or mislabeled, certain to reach consumers and certain to have a detrimental effect upon consumers.”

“The USDA says it has a zero tolerance for fecal matter, but the survey clearly shows that such contamination is occurring,” says Wenonah Hunter, a spokeswoman for Public Citizen. “Slaughter and meat-processing lines are moving faster than ever, with as many as 400 cows an hour and over 200 birds a minute being killed. At the same time inspectors’ authority to remove feces and other contamination has been curtailed.”

While the companies may be chemically washing meat, explains Hunter, chemicals only kill the bacteria, but the meat may still contain residue of excrement.

Microbial testing of the meats also is not sufficient, Hunter says. A minimum of one chicken per 22,000 is week are tested for the dangerous E. coli 015H7; and inspectors only test a minimum of one of 300 beef carcasses per week. One of the most recent deaths due to E. coli was a New Jersey toddler who died Aug. 1 from eating tainted hamburger.

The changes in the inspection system have led to a record number of 59 meat recalls this year, Hunter says. “The government can say that they have caught the problem, but they should be preventing these recalls from happening in the first place.”

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117992&page=1

I thought liberals claimed that beef production causes "global warming", anyway.

15. #58 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    OMG you actually believe the Soros conspiracy.
    Of course he does, as do a whole lot of Trumpkins, if their demogogues told them the Easter Bunny was a Commie they'd believe it

16. #59 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by christiefan915 View Post
    Right after the CDC said the romaine-e.coli problem was over, too. It's bad enough we have problems like this and now there's no watchdog to try to prevent them.
    They do such a swell job, don't they?

17. #60 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,094 Times in 25,664 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    They do such a swell job, don't they?
    Could be worse. Too bad we can't trust producers to practice food safety first and think about profits second.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens