Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 90

Thread: Miami airport to close terminal as gov shutdown continues

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Exclamation Miami airport to close terminal as gov shutdown continues

    Miami International Airport is closing a terminal this weekend due to the government shutdown because security screeners have been calling in sick at twice the airport's normal rate.

    Friday marks the first day screeners will miss a paycheck, and airport spokesman Greg Chin said there's a concern there won't be enough workers to handle all 11 checkpoints during normal hours over the weekend.

    Chin said Terminal G will close at 1 p.m. Saturday, reopen for flights Sunday morning and close again at 1 p.m. that day. The terminal serves United Airlines along with smaller carriers. Its closure means restaurants and shops that depend on departing flights also will close..............................

    Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wir...inues-60309558



    Wow ... an entire terminal CLOSED ... they only have 3

    Another example of the #TrumpShutDown affecting small businesses.
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    11,054
    Thanks
    1,425
    Thanked 5,371 Times in 3,473 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 1,214 Times in 1,084 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    better cook your streaks well done and avoid produce altogether, no USDA food inspections going on

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    36,953
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked 4,600 Times in 4,177 Posts
    Groans
    12
    Groaned 387 Times in 376 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    better cook your streaks well done and avoid produce altogether, no USDA food inspections going on
    No one is surprised a savage like you eat raw meat.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Miami International Airport is closing a terminal this weekend due to the government shutdown because security screeners have been calling in sick at twice the airport's normal rate.

    Friday marks the first day screeners will miss a paycheck, and airport spokesman Greg Chin said there's a concern there won't be enough workers to handle all 11 checkpoints during normal hours over the weekend.

    Chin said Terminal G will close at 1 p.m. Saturday, reopen for flights Sunday morning and close again at 1 p.m. that day. The terminal serves United Airlines along with smaller carriers. Its closure means restaurants and shops that depend on departing flights also will close..............................

    Read more: https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/wir...inues-60309558



    Wow ... an entire terminal CLOSED ... they only have 3

    Another example of the #TrumpShutDown affecting small businesses.
    He should do like Reagan and fire their asses. They can get paid unemployment.

  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

    Sailor (01-11-2019), Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  8. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Prairieville
    Posts
    13,045
    Thanks
    1,387
    Thanked 6,029 Times in 4,025 Posts
    Groans
    327
    Groaned 1,142 Times in 1,062 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    He should do like Reagan and fire their asses. They can get paid unemployment.
    Why should people work without pay

  9. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    Why should people work without pay
    The senate has already unanimously approved them getting backpay when the government reopens. They will be paid. It is just a matter of when. If they are not willing to show up and earn that pay, they should be fired.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  11. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Steeler Nation
    Posts
    46,677
    Thanks
    33,270
    Thanked 22,022 Times in 15,736 Posts
    Groans
    3,178
    Groaned 2,194 Times in 2,098 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    better cook your streaks well done and avoid produce altogether, no USDA food inspections going on
    Right after the CDC said the romaine-e.coli problem was over, too. It's bad enough we have problems like this and now there's no watchdog to try to prevent them.
    #Not My President


    #AlertTheDaycareStaff

    "I want to be remembered for doing the best job I could answering questions... and for being transparent and honest."
    ~Sarah Huckabee Sanders

    "And I hope to be remembered for being virgin." *eyeroll*
    ~Stormy Daniels


    "christiefan" refers to Agatha, not Chris.

  12. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    16,807
    Thanks
    2,476
    Thanked 3,730 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 583 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    He should do like Reagan and fire their asses. They can get paid unemployment.
    But that doesn't do anything to fix the problem. It just makes the problem worse.

    Maybe that's what you want, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  13. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    114,170
    Thanks
    30,714
    Thanked 17,434 Times in 13,590 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 13,586 Times in 12,602 Posts

  14. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

    USFREEDOM911 (01-11-2019)

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    114,170
    Thanks
    30,714
    Thanked 17,434 Times in 13,590 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 13,586 Times in 12,602 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    But that doesn't do anything to fix the problem. It just makes the problem worse.

    Maybe that's what you want, though.
    bingo

    they love the chaos Putin ordered trumpy to make

  16. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

    USFREEDOM911 (01-11-2019)

  17. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    16,807
    Thanks
    2,476
    Thanked 3,730 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 583 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    The senate has already unanimously approved them getting backpay when the government reopens. They will be paid. It is just a matter of when. If they are not willing to show up and earn that pay, they should be fired.

    WHY NOT JUST OPEN THE GOVERNMENT SO THIS ISN'T EVEN AN ISSUE?

    Oh right, because then that would be a tacit admission that this border crisis was fabricated and you simply don't want to have to eat shit and admit that.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  18. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    16,807
    Thanks
    2,476
    Thanked 3,730 Times in 2,859 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 608 Times in 583 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    bingo they love the chaos Putin ordered trumpy to make
    They think their social status will insulate them from the chaos.

    They're sorely mistaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    I'm no economics expert. In fact I'm pretty dumb on the topic.

  19. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    But that doesn't do anything to fix the problem. It just makes the problem worse.

    Maybe that's what you want, though.
    Maybe it just doesn't affect me other than getting a good chuckle from the circus acts

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  21. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    8,860
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,140 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 326 Times in 320 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    The senate has already unanimously approved them getting backpay when the government reopens. They will be paid. It is just a matter of when. If they are not willing to show up and earn that pay, they should be fired.
    I am sure you would feel the same exact way if you weren't getting paid

  22. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post

    WHY NOT JUST OPEN THE GOVERNMENT SO THIS ISN'T EVEN AN ISSUE?

    Oh right, because then that would be a tacit admission that this border crisis was fabricated and you simply don't want to have to eat shit and admit that.
    Why not just show up and work since you know you will be getting paid. Oh right, because that would be a tacit admission you are not really a victim.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. Government Shutdown Won't Shutdown Deep State
    By hvilleherb in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-21-2018, 07:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-14-2016, 08:29 PM
  3. Shots fired at lax terminal
    By The Dude in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2013, 12:07 PM
  4. Early Death Forced on Terminal patients...
    By Damocles in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 02:41 PM
  5. Something that randomly appeared in my Linux terminal
    By I <3 Hezbollah in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2008, 09:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •