Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 83

Thread: What would you have said....

  1. #16 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Realville
    Posts
    30,136
    Thanks
    1,374
    Thanked 5,788 Times in 4,703 Posts
    Groans
    745
    Groaned 2,444 Times in 2,267 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Avoidinf the issue, telling!
    Nobody has avoided the issue. You asked about "gum" violence. Everyone here is addressing "gum violence". There is no pleasing you leftists

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to I Love America For This Post:

    USFREEDOM911 (01-11-2019)

  3. #17 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    35,519
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 372 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Avoidinf the issue, telling!
    YOU said gum you fucking moron.

  4. #18 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Mid-West
    Posts
    17,994
    Thanks
    1,934
    Thanked 10,463 Times in 6,460 Posts
    Groans
    3
    Groaned 234 Times in 215 Posts

    Default

    Trump doesn't want the wall, he wants his Base Angry and Playing The Victim



    It's important to keep this in mind. Trump doesn't want the wall.

    There's been a standing offer from Pelosi and Schumer since back when they were in the minority -- since the end of 2017, actually, IIRC: make the DREAMers' status permanent and you get wall funding. This has always been on the table, and he's always backed away from it.

    If he actually wanted the wall, he would have jumped at that. But he doesn't want the wall, he wants his mouth-breathers to be terrified by the fact that there isn't a wall.
    Trump isn't our 45th American president; he's our 1st Russian one.

    Remember this on Tuesday November 3rd, 2020

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

    ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2019)

  6. #19 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    21,000
    Thanks
    11,950
    Thanked 5,707 Times in 4,667 Posts
    Groans
    1,643
    Groaned 934 Times in 849 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    What would have said if President Obama had declared a National Emergency over gum violence and used it to end the manufacture of bullets?
    Are folks violently sticking gum on the bottom of chairs?

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:


  8. #20 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    14,934
    Thanks
    31,900
    Thanked 11,894 Times in 7,363 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 742 Times in 716 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    Why is the wall legally different?
    Probably because gun ownership is protected by the 1st Amendment. The wall is not.

  9. #21 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    14,934
    Thanks
    31,900
    Thanked 11,894 Times in 7,363 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 742 Times in 716 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Trump doesn't want the wall, he wants his Base Angry and Playing The Victim



    It's important to keep this in mind. Trump doesn't want the wall.

    There's been a standing offer from Pelosi and Schumer since back when they were in the minority -- since the end of 2017, actually, IIRC: make the DREAMers' status permanent and you get wall funding. This has always been on the table, and he's always backed away from it.

    If he actually wanted the wall, he would have jumped at that. But he doesn't want the wall, he wants his mouth-breathers to be terrified by the fact that there isn't a wall.
    Excellent point. Let's suppose that they come to an agreement and TrumpBarrier is built. Then what? What does he have left to get them riled up about? Oh I know! Hillary!! <cue sinister music> She's still out there.

  10. #22 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    35,519
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 372 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Probably because gun ownership is protected by the 1st Amendment. The wall is not.
    1st amendment?

  11. #23 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    74,336
    Thanks
    3,426
    Thanked 16,533 Times in 13,797 Posts
    Groans
    1,778
    Groaned 1,984 Times in 1,881 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    Yeah, right! Articles of impeachment would have been filed the next day.
    no......but the SC would have told him it was unconstitutional........perhaps you should have used a parallel that didn't involve a constitutional right........

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Sirthinksalot (01-11-2019)

  13. #24 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    7,523
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked 4,530 Times in 3,387 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 130 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod View Post
    What would have said if President Obama had declared a National Emergency over gum violence and used it to end the manufacture of bullets?
    Just keep reloading as I've done since I was a kid. But I do have enough ammo to last me for the rest of my life for hunting, target shooting and especially for my military weapons.

    I'm not too worried about GUM violence though, it's all good!
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  14. #25 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    35,519
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 372 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Just keep reloading as I've done since I was a kid. But I do have enough ammo to last me for the rest of my life for hunting, target shooting and especially for my military weapons.

    I'm not too worried about GUM violence though, it's all good!
    Gum can be a bad thing if you step on a piece when someone littered.

  15. #26 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    53,909
    Thanks
    3,789
    Thanked 13,521 Times in 9,265 Posts
    Groans
    240
    Groaned 1,375 Times in 1,284 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Probably because gun ownership is protected by the 1st Amendment. The wall is not.
    And the Constitution gives spending power to Congress not the president!
    4,487

    Liberals... if you want to read something funny... https://www.justplainpolitics.com/sh...arah-Barracuda

    "The Government will not be open until we have a wall" - DJT

    January 11, 2016 - I have no deals in Russia, I have no deals that could have been in Russia.

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jarod For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-11-2019)

  17. #27 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    7,523
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked 4,530 Times in 3,387 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 130 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Gum can be a bad thing if you step on a piece when someone littered.
    Yes, apparently it can be deadly if one's not careful
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  18. #28 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Living in rural America "clinging to my God and Guns"
    Posts
    7,523
    Thanks
    651
    Thanked 4,530 Times in 3,387 Posts
    Groans
    23
    Groaned 130 Times in 125 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    1st amendment?
    She's a retard...
    Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone who doesn't have it.

  19. #29 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    35,519
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 372 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    Yes, apparently it can be deadly if one's not careful
    Jarod thinks so. He seems to believe Obama should have banned it.

  20. #30 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    35,519
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 4,238 Times in 3,854 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 372 Times in 361 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RB 60 View Post
    She's a retard...

    Wait for the excuse. Maybe the common go-to of "a misspeak".

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •