Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revenue Dropping From Shut Down. Businesses Losing Profits From Government Workers.

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Revenue Dropping From Shut Down. Businesses Losing Profits From Government Workers.

I heard a news report featuring a government worker who said the doctor was waving her co-pay. That Doctor is making less because of the shut down. He will be paying less tax.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

There are also government contractors who are losing business. They will be paying less taxes because their profits will be lower.

The Shut Down is hurting our economy.

And to think one disinformed person is responsible for this.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-10-2019), signalmankenneth (01-10-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,986 Times in 2,762 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 178 Times in 173 Posts

Sounds like the Democrats should start negotiating in good faith for a change.

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Trump is the one who walked out.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Trump is the one who walked out.
    After Schumer and Pelosi (Dracula and Morticia) made it clear that they refused to negotiate.

6. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

The IRS didn't give a shit about my economic ability when they seized my bank account. Fuck government employees with a rusty flagpole

7. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

I heard a news report featuring a government worker who said the doctor was waving her co-pay. That Doctor is making less because of the shut down. He will be paying less tax.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

There are also government contractors who are losing business. They will be paying less taxes because their profits will be lower.

So you want to take all the doctor's money anyway to give to his patients so he just cut out the middleman.

8. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,511 Times in 4,834 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,798 Times in 1,605 Posts
    Blog Entries

You know it's funny, I'll bet they can't waive copays it for the ELDERLY under Medicare even if they wanted to. It's a contracted #.
    WK1 3/28-/4 _Cases 301k--Dead 18.1k Lethality 2.72%
    WK2 4/5-/13 _Cases 555k--Dead 22.1K Lethality 3.9%
    WK3 4/20-/21 Cases 774k -Dead 37.2K Lethality 4.8%
    WK4 4/22-/29 Cases 1M --Dead 58.8K Lethality 5.9%
    WK5 5/1-/8__ Cases 1.3M -Dead 75.7K Lethality 6.1%
    WK6 5/9-16__Cases 1.4M --Dead 85.8K Lethality 6.1%
    WK7 5/17-24_Cases 1.7M - Dead 97.6K Lethality 5.9%
    WK8 5/28 Cases 1.7M - DEAD 101.2K - Same

9. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

You can't fix any problem until you stop lying about it.. This is Trump's doing. I know he habitually blames others but by now you should be smarter than that and on to his game.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

10. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

After Schumer and Pelosi (Dracula and Morticia) made it clear that they refused to negotiate.
    You can't negotiate based on LIES.......
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

11. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Kacper,

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    So you want to take all the doctor's money anyway to give to his patients so he just cut out the middleman.
    If you are making things up, how is that any better than President Trump?

12. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Kacper,

If you are making things up, how is that any better than President Trump?
    You said the doctor was making less and therefore being taxed less. You clearly or more concerned about taxing him more. Regardless, it does not represent an economic loss. What the person would have paid him as a copay will just be spent somewhere else and if that transaction involves sales tax they increased government revenue, not decreased it. It is just a matter of which government.

13. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    You said the doctor was making less and therefore being taxed less. You clearly or more concerned about taxing him more. Regardless, it does not represent an economic loss. What the person would have paid him as a copay will just be spent somewhere else and if that transaction involves sales tax they increased government revenue, not decreased it. It is just a matter of which government.
    why do you hate the US economy?

get out of my country Trump apologist stooge

14. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    why do you hate the US economy?

get out of my country Trump apologist stooge

I am not Russian so your country is Kacper-free. That does not change the fact that you cannot refute that there is no economic loss in someone paying person X instead of Dr. Y the same money.

15. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Centerleftfl,

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    You know it's funny, I'll bet they can't waive copays it for the ELDERLY under Medicare even if they wanted to. It's a contracted #.
    If I was going to design a health care system from the ground up it wouldn't look anything like Medicare.

It would be run by the government with government-owned facilities and government-employed health care workers. Just expand the military health care system to cover the whole nation from birth to death. There are already military hospitals all over. Build/buy more. It would not be tied to employment and would apply universally. There would be no armies of bureaucrats figuring out who pays, how much or what's allowed. Such wasted efforts would not be needed. Just take care of everybody. Hospital stays would be in wards. If you want a private room you can buy it up. Big insurance and big pharma would not be producing the richest executives around because they would be cut OUT of the picture. Government could do everything they now do. The people who serve would be paid well for what they do but nobody would be getting super-rich off of other people's health needs. They would be honored like the military for serving their country.

Train health care workers and doctors on a far wider scale. Remove the elite hocus pocus surrounding being a doctor. Make it about performance, not wealth and connections. Our population has grown, but medical school class sizes have not grown accordingly. This has made becoming a doctor too exclusive, and the graduates tend to have big egos thinking they are so special. We have to get away from that. It is hurting our system. It's just a job and there are a lot more smart talented people than the few who make it through that antiquated system.

Taxation would pay for it, but since no profits would need to be earned, and no big overhead from all the bureaucrats, it would cost less than the way we do it now, and it would cover everybody. Since the government has a direct interest in minimizing cost, very aggressive preventative programs to keep people healthy in the first place would be strongly used. Obesity and unhealthy habits would be studied, learned about, and avoidance measures taught from early age. Unhealthy capitalist products would be accompanied by strong warnings, and certainly not allowed in schools. Soft drink and candy machines would be replaced by water and fresh fruit. It would be a comprehensive health program from birth to death. Americans would live longer and be happier and never have the stress of worry about health concerns or costs. Nobody would go bankrupt from a health event. You could buy optional insurance for upgraded health care if you want, but basic coverage would be automatic.

Health care should be a right, not a for-profit business. The goal should be a good health outcomes, not wealth.
    Last edited by PoliTalker; 01-11-2019 at 10:04 AM. Reason: typo

16. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    You can't negotiate based on LIES.......
    The issue is straightforward. Wall funding in exchange for legal status for DACA kids.