"In a message Wednesday on Mr. Bezos’s Twitter account, the couple said that after a trial separation, they had chosen to proceed with the divorce.

If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again,” they said. “We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures.”

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

"Ms. Bezos, who was instrumental in helping to launch Amazon, could be entitled to half the couple’s wealth depending on where they divorce, attorneys said. If Ms. Bezos ends up with a chunk of Mr. Bezos’s stake, she could influence shareholder votes on resolutions and press for changes at the company. "

Wall Street Journal

All that money and it can't make them happy.

Maybe it is guilt stress over treating workers badly?