Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Money Truly Doesn't Buy Happiness - World's Richest Man Bezos Is Getting A Divorce...

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Money Truly Doesn't Buy Happiness - World's Richest Man Bezos Is Getting A Divorce...

"In a message Wednesday on Mr. Bezos’s Twitter account, the couple said that after a trial separation, they had chosen to proceed with the divorce.

If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again,” they said. “We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures.”

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

"Ms. Bezos, who was instrumental in helping to launch Amazon, could be entitled to half the couple’s wealth depending on where they divorce, attorneys said. If Ms. Bezos ends up with a chunk of Mr. Bezos’s stake, she could influence shareholder votes on resolutions and press for changes at the company. "

Wall Street Journal

All that money and it can't make them happy.

Maybe it is guilt stress over treating workers badly?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 82,496 Times in 52,724 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,657 Times in 4,376 Posts
    Blog Entries

That's sad, no matter who it is.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-09-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Money hasn't seemed to help President Trump be very happy, either.

He's had a few divorces.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

5. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Happiness can't be purchased.

Plenty of people are quite happy with their lives, even if they are not rich.

And there are very rich people who are not happy. Such as the richest man on Earth.

And our President.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (01-10-2019)

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Competition kills happiness, and the rich or pretend-rich are very competitive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to iolo For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-10-2019)

9. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    "In a message Wednesday on Mr. Bezos’s Twitter account, the couple said that after a trial separation, they had chosen to proceed with the divorce.

If we had known we would separate after 25 years, we would do it all again,” they said. “We’ve had such a great life together as a married couple, and we also see wonderful futures ahead, as parents, friends, partners in ventures and projects, and as individuals pursuing ventures and adventures.”

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

"Ms. Bezos, who was instrumental in helping to launch Amazon, could be entitled to half the couple’s wealth depending on where they divorce, attorneys said. If Ms. Bezos ends up with a chunk of Mr. Bezos’s stake, she could influence shareholder votes on resolutions and press for changes at the company. "

Wall Street Journal

Are you kidding ...

One hour after my divorce from Mrs Wrong, I ordered a custom Corvette, bought a Townhouse and booked a vacation to St Martin

Was happily single again for the following 13 years ... those Wild Oats where Sowed.

Then I married Mrs Right ... and still Happy

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

cawacko (01-10-2019), christiefan915 (01-11-2019), domer76 (01-11-2019), kudzu (01-10-2019), Phantasmal (01-10-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-10-2019)

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Competition kills happiness, and the rich or pretend-rich are very competitive.

Wow the problems of Billionaires
    ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

12. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    That's sad, no matter who it is.
    I don't think so.. The key language is that they would do it all again.. Ultimately each of us has to live our own life.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

13. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,753 Times in 33,623 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Are you kidding ...

One hour after my divorce from Mrs Wrong, I ordered a custom Corvette, bought a Townhouse and booked a vacation to St Martin

Was happily single again for the following 13 years ... those Wild Oats where Sowed.

Great story, I love happy endings.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

Bourbon (01-10-2019)

15. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Money hasn't seemed to help President Trump be very happy, either.

He's had a few divorces.

Trump has been an outsider all his life.. and subject to ridicule because of his behavior.. Americans need to realize that at this point he wants to destroy our institutions and hurt Americans because we have failed to adequately worship him and relieve his anger and insecurity. Please remember this.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

16. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-11-2019)

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

domer76 (01-11-2019), Phantasmal (01-10-2019), PoliTalker (01-10-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-10-2019)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    I don't think so.. The key language is that they would do it all again.. Ultimately each of us has to live our own life.
    I guess so.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trump has been an outsider all his life.. and subject to ridicule because of his behavior.. Americans need to realize that at this point he wants to destroy our institutions and hurt Americans because we have failed to adequately worship him and relieve his anger and insecurity. Please remember this.
    That's exactly how I see it as well. It's obvious that he is in competition with Obama, who he spent years putting down even before 2016. Is it a coincidence that he reneged on the budget deal about the same time that it was reported that Obama was the most admired man?

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-10-2019)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Wall Street Journal

Bet Mrs. Bezo is pretty damn happy. She will be the world's richest woman and didn't even have to build a company to do it.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-11-2019)

23. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Bourbon,

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Are you kidding ...

I'm glad you found happiness. But as you yourself say, it was getting rid of Mrs. Wrong and finding Mrs. Right that did it, not the money. I'm sure the toys and splurging were enjoyable, but they couldn't have made you happy if your head was messed up. All the money in the world can't buy happiness if you can't enjoy it with a clear conscience.

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello kudzu,

I'm sure a lot of divorcees would marry their first again if they could go back in time. They didn't know then what they do know now.