Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
Hello cawacko,

I understand the current relationship between employers and workers. I understand how Bezos has maximized his leverage on that. And he has done a marvelous job of creating a very profitable organization. Doing that took the work of everybody at Amazon. But their only incentive to work hard is nothing more than fear of losing their meager fixed income. Bezos has them over a barrel and he exploits that. They will work for very little compared to the value their work generates, Bezos pockets the difference. I believe he should share more of the results of that work with the ones whose labor generated it.

Back in the 60's executives earned 10-15 times the average worker. Now it's like 600 times. And it's headed even higher.

That's ridiculous. At some point we have to look at the big picture and see how efficient capitalism has become at exploitation.

Capitalism is a powerful engine of wealth. But it cannot be allowed to run free and wide open. It would destroy the market, destroy society. Like any engine, if allowed to run at full speed it will blow up. It requires regulation. That is government's job. I believe government is not doing it's job here. I believe there should be established a maximum ratio of executive take vs average worker take. If allowed to continue to rise it leads to a run-away situation where the limit is extreme wealth inequality. Completely inefficient. With most wealth in just a few hands, market activity slows down because people don't have much wealth to trade for things.

Extreme wealth inequality is a danger that pro-capitalists refuse to acknowledge. We are headed there. Economists are hitting alarm bells. Capitalists are as busy looking the other way as their were in 2008.
One can work for the government if they want close to 100% job security. Otherwise nothing is gauranteed. Amazon is having to fight to get workers in some parts of their company.

Bezos isn’t pocketing the extra. He’s the wealthiest man in the world because Amazons stock is off the charts. Expectations for growth are sky high. (His salary is $81K)