Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 162

Thread: 78% of USA workers live paycheck to paycheck

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    109,965
    Thanks
    29,425
    Thanked 16,773 Times in 13,088 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 11,999 Times in 11,190 Posts

  2. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

    USFREEDOM911 (01-09-2019)

  3. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

    signalmankenneth (01-10-2019)

  4. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    11,355
    Thanks
    6,013
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 2,744 Posts
    Groans
    198
    Groaned 274 Times in 260 Posts

    Default

    I would think 'Government' workers live pretty close to the line since they think they will have a job forever.

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Give them a 25% raise and most would still live paycheck to paycheck. I know far too many people like that and it isn't because they are minimum wage workers. One of my brothers is one of them. Makes $35/hr and can work all the over time he wants to work and pisses it away.

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

    anonymoose (01-10-2019), cawacko (01-09-2019), Evmetro (01-09-2019), Truth Detector (01-09-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,496
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 985 Times in 821 Posts
    Groans
    46
    Groaned 183 Times in 169 Posts

    Default

    It is not important what people make, it is important what they save.
    It is hereby ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED that in
    consideration of their affirmative assumption of responsibility
    contained in part III herein, the complaint against Fred C.
    Trump and Donald J. Trump is dismissed against them in their
    personal capacity, with prejudice, as to all allegations
    contained therein, and predating this Order.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

    Bourbon (01-10-2019), Truth Detector (01-10-2019)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    74,091
    Thanks
    3,399
    Thanked 16,445 Times in 13,726 Posts
    Groans
    1,765
    Groaned 1,979 Times in 1,876 Posts

    Default

    sad, but obviously only the problem of those 78%.......

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to PostmodernProphet For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-10-2019)

  11. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    42,101
    Thanks
    53,392
    Thanked 22,897 Times in 15,180 Posts
    Groans
    1,652
    Groaned 1,811 Times in 1,720 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Give them a 25% raise and most would still live paycheck to paycheck. I know far too many people like that and it isn't because they are minimum wage workers. One of my brothers is one of them. Makes $35/hr and can work all the over time he wants to work and pisses it away.
    Is he happy?
    Thatís why Iím so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,Ē Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    11,355
    Thanks
    6,013
    Thanked 3,534 Times in 2,744 Posts
    Groans
    198
    Groaned 274 Times in 260 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Is he happy?
    He pisses it away on Drugs, Sex, and Rock and Roll. (So yes, he is happy)

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

    Phantasmal (01-09-2019)

  14. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    20,877
    Thanks
    11,875
    Thanked 5,678 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Groans
    1,633
    Groaned 932 Times in 848 Posts

    Default

    Lots of losers. LOL

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-10-2019)

  16. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Is he happy?
    I don't know. We aren't sisters who discuss our feelings while drinking wine and having pillow fights in the Jacuzzi. I know he hates working 12 hour shifts but now that his house is almost paid off, they are talking about selling it and building a new on because why put yourself in a position in which you don't have to work at a job you hate for 20 more years to pay off a new mortgage because your RN wife thinks she should live in the same neighborhood as the doctors she works for.

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

    anonymoose (01-10-2019), Havana Moon (01-10-2019)

  18. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    51,055
    Thanks
    3,155
    Thanked 14,709 Times in 10,204 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 572 Times in 539 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Give them a 25% raise and most would still live paycheck to paycheck. I know far too many people like that and it isn't because they are minimum wage workers. One of my brothers is one of them. Makes $35/hr and can work all the over time he wants to work and pisses it away.
    Sadly this is very true. Many people think if they get a raise or make a little more money their problems will go away but when they make that extra money they now want a nicer car or bigger home or something along those lines. Then they find themselves back in the exact same financial position as before

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

    Irish Exit (01-09-2019)

  20. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    42,101
    Thanks
    53,392
    Thanked 22,897 Times in 15,180 Posts
    Groans
    1,652
    Groaned 1,811 Times in 1,720 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    I don't know. We aren't sisters who discuss our feelings while drinking wine and having pillow fights in the Jacuzzi. I know he hates working 12 hour shifts but now that his house is almost paid off, they are talking about selling it and building a new on because why put yourself in a position in which you don't have to work at a job you hate for 20 more years to pay off a new mortgage because your RN wife thinks she should live in the same neighborhood as the doctors she works for.
    Pillow fights in a jacuzzi...hmmmm
    Thatís why Iím so screwed up, because I had a father who pushed me so hard,Ē Trump acknowledged in 2007, in a brief and rare moment of self-awareness.

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

    evince (01-10-2019)

  22. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    35,173
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 4,152 Times in 3,778 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 371 Times in 360 Posts

    Default

    What's your point? Do you automatically assume they aren't making enough? Have you ever considered that those who do live that way do sobecause they don't know how to manage money?

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-10-2019)

  24. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    35,173
    Thanks
    154
    Thanked 4,152 Times in 3,778 Posts
    Groans
    10
    Groaned 371 Times in 360 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Give them a 25% raise and most would still live paycheck to paycheck. I know far too many people like that and it isn't because they are minimum wage workers. One of my brothers is one of them. Makes $35/hr and can work all the over time he wants to work and pisses it away.
    Except in rare cases, poor people are poor because they suck at managing money. If someone makes $15/hour but sucks at managing money, they'll suck at managing money at $20/hour.

    The automatic assumption by too many is that people don't have enough. The reality is too many actually try to live beyond their means. They try to live a $1 million lifestyle on a $7.25/hour wage.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to CFM For This Post:

    Irish Exit (01-09-2019)

  26. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    11,715
    Thanks
    2,838
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 2,389 Posts
    Groans
    1,216
    Groaned 427 Times in 390 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    I spent a lot of years paycheck to paycheck. Even worse, I was self employed so you could never rely on a check coming. You got paid when the customer paid you. Sometimes they fuck you and you never see that money. sometimes a fucking judge dismisses the lien you placed against the dirtbag customer's house when the fucker declares bankruptcy and you never see a fucking dime for two weeks worth of work and you laid out
    $500 for labor and even more for materials. Ouch, that one fucking hurt. I left Oregon because of that one. What's the point of following licensing rules and all the bonding and insurance if the state allows people to rip you off? Now I'm in columbus and I don't need a license to operate, insurance is a third of the cost in Oregon, and the customers pay nearly double the price without hassles. Fuck Oregon... That's all I have to say about that.

    I'm finally not so poor that I have no savings!! Flyover country FTW!
    Quick, send those on-site researchers some computer models

  27. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    8,497
    Thanks
    796
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    376
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Sadly this is very true. Many people think if they get a raise or make a little more money their problems will go away but when they make that extra money they now want a nicer car or bigger home or something along those lines. Then they find themselves back in the exact same financial position as before
    It is one of the big reasons I absolutely loathe the earned income tax credit. For every person I know who did something practical with theirs, I know at least a dozen people who did stupid shit like buy a pound of pot and smoke it all up in a couple weeks, or eat out at nicer food joints until it was all gone. I have known people to buy a bunch of crap like guns and crossbows they didn't need that ended up lost to pawnshops as soon as they were back to living paycheck to paycheck. It is absolutely ridiculous. My lawyer says February through April is his divorce season because so many people are splitting up fighting over the tax check or getting pissed at each other the second the fun money is gone.

  28. The Following User Groans At Irish Exit For This Awful Post:

    Nordberg (01-09-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. those tax cuts sure helped my paycheck
    By reagansghost in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2018, 08:22 AM
  2. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-06-2018, 06:16 AM
  3. How the GOP Tax Cut Will Also Shrink Your Paycheck
    By signalmankenneth in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-30-2017, 11:27 AM
  4. Follow Up Interview with Whole Paycheck CEO Jon Mackey
    By cawacko in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2009, 02:29 PM
  5. 4 candidates, your paycheck
    By Chapdog in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 11:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •