Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #106 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Yeah yeah yeah....you are pushing a thin point.

Funny thing that so many sports writers and experts applaud Hurts for staying for the 2018 season. The few that thought he shouldn't have were the ones saying leave at the beginning of the season.

You are looking for whatever excuse you can to bash Alabama. Sad, really. Not a fan of any school or team. Just a hater. Pitiful.
    Just showing facts that you refuse to accept because you're look for any excuse to support Alabama.

Experts? What experts? What makes them experts? Anyone that puckers up to Saban is considered an expert in your eyes. Interesting how when someone says what you like you consider them an expert.

Alabama doesn't have a grad school? Interesting how someone so dedicated to Alabama runs the first chance he gets.

2. #107 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh I know the difference. Which is why it is stupid to have used them as the example.

In FBS football, there have not been 15 games in a season until 2014 with a few rare exceptions in the late 1800s. Since the 1900s no team played 15 games in a single season until the introduction of the College Football Playoffs. And since then, only Clemson has gone undefeated for an entire season. And they have done it once. Ohio State had a loss when they won in 2014. Alabama had a loss when they won it in 2015 and 2017. And Clemson had a loss when they won it in 2016 (and lost the game in round 1 last year).
    Why hasn't the great Alabama gone undefeated is they're as good as you claim? Clemson's two wins against Alabama in 2017 and 2019 have been referred to as an upset. Both teams were 13-1 in 2017 and 14-0 in 2019. How is either an upset? Maybe those making such claims are suck ups to Nick Saban as much as you. Either way, the last two meetings in the big one went to Clemson and the great Alabama hasn't done what Clemson did.

BTW, you really don't know the difference. Nothing you ranted about comes close to why.

3. #108 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Just showing facts that you refuse to accept because you're look for any excuse to support Alabama.

Experts? What experts? What makes them experts? Anyone that puckers up to Saban is considered an expert in your eyes. Interesting how when someone says what you like you consider them an expert.

Alabama doesn't have a grad school? Interesting how someone so dedicated to Alabama runs the first chance he gets.
    Alabama has grad schools. But, without knowing what he is going for, I don't know where his best school would be.

Experts? Former players & coaches who now get paid to analyze the game and the players. People who focus on the game and the players and know what they are talking about.

4. #109 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Why hasn't the great Alabama gone undefeated is they're as good as you claim? Clemson's two wins against Alabama in 2017 and 2019 have been referred to as an upset. Both teams were 13-1 in 2017 and 14-0 in 2019. How is either an upset? Maybe those making such claims are suck ups to Nick Saban as much as you. Either way, the last two meetings in the big one went to Clemson and the great Alabama hasn't done what Clemson did.

BTW, you really don't know the difference. Nothing you ranted about comes close to why.
    Alabama went undefeated in 2009. But there was only a single championship game, not a playoff. So there have only been 5 years that could produce a 15-0 season.

The wins were called upsets because people who make a living picking winners picked Alabama to win based on the entire season. Now I understand that you will demean that statement. But the people in Vegas who set the odds might know a thing or two about the game. Thats why they are right far more often than they are wrong. But if it was just the oddmaker's word, we wouldn't need to play the games.

A reminder, Alabama is 2-2 against Clemson in the playoffs. One of those games prevented Clemson from being in the national championship.

In the 5 years of the college football playoffs, Clemson has won 2 championships, Alabama has won 2 championships, and Ohio State has won 1.

And yet, you rant and rave against Alabama, and say almost nothing negative about any other team? I wonder why that is?

5. #110 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Alabama has grad schools. But, without knowing what he is going for, I don't know where his best school would be.

Experts? Former players & coaches who now get paid to analyze the game and the players. People who focus on the game and the players and know what they are talking about.
    We know why he is going.

Don't argue from the position of authority. It makes your argument weak and you look foolish. Don't assume someone with a title behind their name means they know what they're talking about.

6. #111 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Alabama went undefeated in 2009. But there was only a single championship game, not a playoff. So there have only been 5 years that could produce a 15-0 season.

The wins were called upsets because people who make a living picking winners picked Alabama to win based on the entire season. Now I understand that you will demean that statement. But the people in Vegas who set the odds might know a thing or two about the game. Thats why they are right far more often than they are wrong. But if it was just the oddmaker's word, we wouldn't need to play the games.

A reminder, Alabama is 2-2 against Clemson in the playoffs. One of those games prevented Clemson from being in the national championship.

In the 5 years of the college football playoffs, Clemson has won 2 championships, Alabama has won 2 championships, and Ohio State has won 1.

And yet, you rant and rave against Alabama, and say almost nothing negative about any other team? I wonder why that is?
    In those 5 years, Alabama hasn't done it at all and Clemson has. In fact, Georgia Southern, Marshall, and N. Dakota St (more than once) has done it.

Nothing upsetting about either of those Clemson wins except whiners like you pissing and moaning when someone doesn't think Alabama is great.

A reminder, in the 3 championship games played between the two, Alabama is 1 -2 against Clemson.

No one that supports any other team rants, raves, and makes excuses for every move, loss, and player on that team. When someone for one of those other teams does that, they'll get the same. None have yet done so. Stop whining about what I do or don't do. It's much more embarrassing than the ass kicking Alabama received last Monday.

7. #112 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Disagree, a kid with a undergraduate degree from a Ivy League school is going to open more doors than say a MBA from half Universities in the country
    Who said anything about opening doors? I was talking about rigerous field of study. I learned more in one year of graduate work than in four years of undergraduate. The difference is exponentially harder. Ivy League schools are certainly rigerous but it’s not even remotely close to as difficult as earning a graduate degree at State U.

You’re not going to find anyone who attended graduate school, even those who did their undergraduate work at an Ivy League School Who is going to agree with you. The main distinction of attending an Ivy League School is Social. They’re not really any more difficult than a top tier public school or most accredited private liberal arts colleges.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

8. #113 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We know why he is going.

Don't argue from the position of authority. It makes your argument weak and you look foolish. Don't assume someone with a title behind their name means they know what they're talking about.
    Oh, so I should argue from a position of hostility? Riiight.

I am not assuming anyone knows anything because of a title. I assume they know something because of their experience in the field. And if multiple people with much experience say the same thing, it makes far more sense to accept that than the ravings of a hostile prick.

9. #114 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, so I should argue from a position of hostility? Riiight.

I am not assuming anyone knows anything because of a title. I assume they know something because of their experience in the field. And if multiple people with much experience say the same thing, it makes far more sense to accept that than the ravings of a hostile prick.
    You should argue from a point of honesty rather than blind devotion. You're worse than cult followers when it comes to Alabama. However, arguing from the position of authority makes you look foolish.

A lot of people with a lot of experience predicted Hillary Clinton was going to win in 2016. Did you accept that?

To you, I'm hostile because I don't blindly support this year's loser. Keep crying.

10. #115 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In those 5 years, Alabama hasn't done it at all and Clemson has. In fact, Georgia Southern, Marshall, and N. Dakota St (more than once) has done it.

Nothing upsetting about either of those Clemson wins except whiners like you pissing and moaning when someone doesn't think Alabama is great.

A reminder, in the 3 championship games played between the two, Alabama is 1 -2 against Clemson.

No one that supports any other team rants, raves, and makes excuses for every move, loss, and player on that team. When someone for one of those other teams does that, they'll get the same. None have yet done so. Stop whining about what I do or don't do. It's much more embarrassing than the ass kicking Alabama received last Monday.
    In those 5 years, 129 teams have not won 15 games in a season. In those 5 years Alabama has won 2 national championships. In the last 10 years we have won 5 national championships. Clemson has won 3 national championships in the history of their school.

I do not piss & moan because someone does not think Bama is great. In fact, I do not piss & moan. But I will discuss and debate the relative merits of various schools, playoff systems, ect. It is kinda why this forum exists.

And you? YOu are simply a hostile little prick who tries to sound tough. I have gone around the forums and seen your posts. Nothing constructive, just venting hostility.

11. #116 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You should argue from a point of honesty rather than blind devotion. You're worse than cult followers when it comes to Alabama. However, arguing from the position of authority makes you look foolish.

A lot of people with a lot of experience predicted Hillary Clinton was going to win in 2016. Did you accept that?

To you, I'm hostile because I don't blindly support this year's loser. Keep crying.
    Have you seen anyone reputable call Hurts a loser? I haven't.

I saw a lot of people predict Bama would win the championship. I didn't accept that. I waited to watch a game that I had been nervous about the entire season.

12. #117 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In those 5 years, 129 teams have not won 15 games in a season. In those 5 years Alabama has won 2 national championships. In the last 10 years we have won 5 national championships. Clemson has won 3 national championships in the history of their school.

I do not piss & moan because someone does not think Bama is great. In fact, I do not piss & moan. But I will discuss and debate the relative merits of various schools, playoff systems, ect. It is kinda why this forum exists.

And you? YOu are simply a hostile little prick who tries to sound tough. I have gone around the forums and seen your posts. Nothing constructive, just venting hostility.
    In the 5 years in which you say they could have, Alabama hasn't done it but Clemson has.

You're pissing and moaning now claiming you don't piss and moan. You started pissing and moaning when I showed where your blind, do nothing wrong devotion to Alabama existed.

You're simply a widower that hasn't gotten over his loss and must vent his frustrations hoping someone will listen and give a shit. I don't. Stop trying.

13. #118 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Have you seen anyone reputable call Hurts a loser? I haven't.

I saw a lot of people predict Bama would win the championship. I didn't accept that. I waited to watch a game that I had been nervous about the entire season.
    You're arguing from a position of authority again.

If Alabama is as great as you claim and it's considered an upset, why were you worried? Just a cop out to not admit what's been said is the truth. You die hard folks are all the same. Anyone says something not in line with what you like, you get your feelings hurt. You sound just like the Obama supporters that, whenever anyone mentioned something about Obama, claims of "racism" flew like the snowballs from the stand in KC on Saturday.

14. #119 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In the 5 years in which you say they could have, Alabama hasn't done it but Clemson has.

You're pissing and moaning now claiming you don't piss and moan. You started pissing and moaning when I showed where your blind, do nothing wrong devotion to Alabama existed.

You're simply a widower that hasn't gotten over his loss and must vent his frustrations hoping someone will listen and give a shit. I don't. Stop trying.
    LMAO!!! Too funny. You spend how many months (years?) verbally attacking Alabama football, with some of the most ridiculous arguments and harping on meaningless details. And I am the one who can't get over something or is venting my frustrations. You must be one miserable human being.

I have been a fan of Alabama football since I was a kid. I do not spend my time demeaning others unless they start with me. And even then it is minimal. When other teams win, I congratulate them. I enjoy the game. And I enjoy being part of something.

15. #120 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're arguing from a position of authority again.

If Alabama is as great as you claim and it's considered an upset, why were you worried? Just a cop out to not admit what's been said is the truth. You die hard folks are all the same. Anyone says something not in line with what you like, you get your feelings hurt. You sound just like the Obama supporters that, whenever anyone mentioned something about Obama, claims of "racism" flew like the snowballs from the stand in KC on Saturday.
    Have I claimed Alabama is unbeatable? Because that is the only way your claim is valid. Is Alabama great right now? You bet your ass they are. Look at the wins over the last 10 years and it is undeniable.

And if someone says something about Alabama, I don't get my feelings hurt. I discuss or debate the issue. But that is why this forum exists. I certainly don't spend months or years trying to demean something that has no meaning for me.