Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #211 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Did you have to search long to find a major that could crack the top one hundred? And it is 38 out of 50

Continuing, 129th isn't anything to brag about, why would anyone want to be 129th in anything, and an acceptance rate over fifty percent basically means every other kid who applies gets in, signifying it isn't competitive, comparatively, Princeton at the top has a seven percent acceptance rate

And Vanderbilt will never qualify for a playoff spot because they do not spend the money on football as "the top of the ratings," as neither does probably 80% of all the 130 schools playing, as I keep telling you and you refuse to accept, money is the common denominator, if Vanderbilt wanted to reallocate funds and spend big bucks in football they probably could reach that goal, but I think they have other priorities, they don't want a ranking only better than 58% of all other schools

It is all because of the money, spend more, you will be better, spend the most, and you will be the most or close to it
    Yes, it is easier to get into Alabama. But then, there is a definite need for places that everyone can go.

As for allocating the money, every school has areas they fund better than other areas. Those are their best features. MIT spends more on top professors for engineering than they do for professors teaching English or History.

As the links I have given you show, the money spent by the UA on football has provided huge benefits across the board.

All of it is about money. Every phase of every school is about money. You try to make it sound as though Alabama is buying championships and spending money while other schools are altruistic in their efforts. That is simply not the case.

2. #212 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I am reading that Maryland has the inside track to get Jalen Hurts. Having his former OC as their new head coach doesn't hurt at all.

The three finalists for Hurts seem to be Maryland, Oklahoma, and Miami.

3. #213 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,750 Times in 4,500 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 184 Times in 180 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Yes, it is easier to get into Alabama. But then, there is a definite need for places that everyone can go.

As for allocating the money, every school has areas they fund better than other areas. Those are their best features. MIT spends more on top professors for engineering than they do for professors teaching English or History.

As the links I have given you show, the money spent by the UA on football has provided huge benefits across the board.

All of it is about money. Every phase of every school is about money. You try to make it sound as though Alabama is buying championships and spending money while other schools are altruistic in their efforts. That is simply not the case.
    A lot of that money would not go to Alabama if it was reallocated to other areas since the contributors are giving money for the football team. Most of that is private contributions and not state/tuition money the school can allocate.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Flash For This Post:

WinterBorn (01-15-2019)

5. #214 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,200 Times in 13,944 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Not "buying championships," rather doing their best to buy championships, Alabama and handful of other schools, it is all about money, you more you spend the more sucessful you will be, Steinbrenner's Yankees, semi pro

"every school has areas they fund better than others," yeah, Vanderbilt, and eighty percent of colleges playing Division I football, have decided to spend it on improving the quality of education they offer, not altruism, their purpose for existing, Alabama seemingly decided to spend it on buying a championship

6. #215 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Not "buying championships," rather doing their best to buy championships, Alabama and handful of other schools, it is all about money, you more you spend the more sucessful you will be, Steinbrenner's Yankees, semi pro

"every school has areas they fund better than others," yeah, Vanderbilt, and eighty percent of colleges playing Division I football, have decided to spend it on improving the quality of education they offer, not altruism, their purpose for existing, Alabama seemingly decided to spend it on buying a championship
    Did you read the links I posted recently?

7. #216 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

I am a fan of the Crimson Tide. So yes, I am biased. You'll have to be more specific about what claims that invalidates. I claimed we got our ass kicked. Is that invalidated?

I never said that being an expert and being knowledgeable are the same thing. But you do have to be very knowledgeable on a topic in order to be an expert. And watching a few games on tv does not get you there.
    Any claim. You confuse a claim with an obvious fact. I stated the fact. You agreed. By definition, for it to be a claim, it could possible be contradicted. That isn't the case here.

Being put in front of a camera and running your mouth doesn't make you an expert. You're using the argument from authority again and you'll lose every time. People that you'll never know who aren't a recognizable name get things correct as often, if not more, than those faces on TV and those writers you call experts. Those unknown folks may not be able to spout the data the talking heads do but their predictions are just as good. BTW, those talking heads aren't doing their own research either. That data is being provided to them. Experts are able to get their own.

8. #217 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Any claim. You confuse a claim with an obvious fact. I stated the fact. You agreed. By definition, for it to be a claim, it could possible be contradicted. That isn't the case here.

Being put in front of a camera and running your mouth doesn't make you an expert. You're using the argument from authority again and you'll lose every time. People that you'll never know who aren't a recognizable name get things correct as often, if not more, than those faces on TV and those writers you call experts. Those unknown folks may not be able to spout the data the talking heads do but their predictions are just as good. BTW, those talking heads aren't doing their own research either. That data is being provided to them. Experts are able to get their own.
    So where do you think Jalen Hurts will decide to go?

9. #218 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

So where do you think Jalen Hurts will decide to go?
    Don't care. I don't concern myself with quitters. Same with Kelly Bryant.

When hiring for the low/unskilled jobs, the number one factor taken into consideration is whether or not they have a high school diploma. The one with the diploma will get hired over the dropout every time. It's a hierarchy, so to speak. High school diploma, GED, dropout. Can you figure out why? There are two reasons.

10. #219 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Don't care. I don't concern myself with quitters. Same with Kelly Bryant.

When hiring for the low/unskilled jobs, the number one factor taken into consideration is whether or not they have a high school diploma. The one with the diploma will get hired over the dropout every time. It's a hierarchy, so to speak. High school diploma, GED, dropout. Can you figure out why? There are two reasons.
    Well, where Jalen Hurts transferring and where he ends up is the actual topic of this thread. These endless derailings and side topics are a waste of time. If you want to start a new thread about hiring people for unskilled labor positions, feel free to do so. I'm sticking with the actual topics now.

11. #220 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, where Jalen Hurts transferring and where he ends up is the actual topic of this thread. These endless derailings and side topics are a waste of time. If you want to start a new thread about hiring people for unskilled labor positions, feel free to do so. I'm sticking with the actual topics now.
    I addressed the topic. Not giving a shit about where a quitters goes is an answer. Providing an example of how he's no different than a high school dropout explains is a bonus. There is one thing you should be aware of. I'll address and use whatever examples I want and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it. Whatever you do on a daily basis must involve you expecting people to jump when you speak. I don't work for, therefore, I don't. Get used to it. You aren't all you pretend to be you old widower.

12. #221 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I addressed the topic. Not giving a shit about where a quitters goes is an answer. Providing an example of how he's no different than a high school dropout explains is a bonus. There is one thing you should be aware of. I'll address and use whatever examples I want and there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it. Whatever you do on a daily basis must involve you expecting people to jump when you speak. I don't work for, therefore, I don't. Get used to it. You aren't all you pretend to be you old widower.
    Get over yourself. I didn't say anything about what you have to do. I didn't even tell you to stay on topic. I said I was sticking with the actual topics. Don't like it? Tough shit. I will discuss the topic. And, like you said, there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it.

As for your comparing Hurts and high school dropouts, Hurts stayed where he did for his own reasons. He worked for a goal. You wouldn't hire him? I bet that fact would keep him up late at night with worry. Some halfwit asshole wouldn't hire him? LMAO!

13. #222 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Get over yourself. I didn't say anything about what you have to do. I didn't even tell you to stay on topic. I said I was sticking with the actual topics. Don't like it? Tough shit. I will discuss the topic. And, like you said, there isn't a fucking thing you can do about it.

As for your comparing Hurts and high school dropouts, Hurts stayed where he did for his own reasons. He worked for a goal. You wouldn't hire him? I bet that fact would keep him up late at night with worry. Some halfwit asshole wouldn't hire him? LMAO!
    You've talked about experts and upsets. That's not part of the topic. If you expect others to stay on topic, do so yourself, boy.

I discussed the topic,. You didn't like the answer.

I compared quitters to quitters. When they quit is irrelevant. THAT they quit is.

Halfwit? I'm not the one whose wife died to get away from him.

14. #223 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You've talked about experts and upsets. That's not part of the topic. If you expect others to stay on topic, do so yourself, boy.

I discussed the topic,. You didn't like the answer.

I compared quitters to quitters. When they quit is irrelevant. THAT they quit is.

Halfwit? I'm not the one whose wife died to get away from him.
    Indeed I did indulge your penchant for side topics. I'm just finished with it.

And, right on cue, you go for the lowest level. lol Typical.

15. #224 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Indeed I did indulge your penchant for side topics. I'm just finished with it.

And, right on cue, you go for the lowest level. lol Typical.
    Indeed your penchant for side topics seems to be no problem to you, hypocrite.

Stop whining you fucking pussy. Typical.

16. #225 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,200 Times in 13,944 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Did you read the links I posted recently?
    Read them all, even the ones originating via the University of Alabama, and I have offered equal number of disclaiming sources validating my point

I've presented you a dichotomy, Vanderbilt, an example, Steinbrenner's Yankees, even a simile, NASCAR, all of which you ignored, bottom line you just refuse to accept the fact that it is semi-pro, not competition, all about the money, the more you spend proportionately increases the probability the better you will do

To return to your original post in the first thread on Alabama football, Sabin isn't a great coach, good, not great, he's made good teams better, let him take a Boston College caliber program to the Championship game and then we can begin that discussion