Page 1 of 41 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 Times in 7,537 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/reports...182839979.html

I was surprised Saban didn't play him earlier against Clemson. I was actually surprised Saban didn't start him the 2nd half.
    I hope he doesn't go to another SEC school. I doubt he will.
    Good luck to him, he deserves it but doesn't need it.
    Last edited by anonymoose; 01-09-2019 at 03:41 PM.

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

I see where he graduated so he could play next year as a grad student but I thought leagues had their own rules where no matter the circumstances if you transfer within the league you still had to sit out a year

3. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,418 Times in 7,537 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 270 Times in 253 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    I see where he graduated so he could play next year as a grad student but I thought leagues had their own rules where no matter the circumstances if you transfer within the league you still had to sit out a year
    I think he coulda declared for the NFL draft and made some team's roster. But I'm sure this was a calculated decision by him.

4. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Not as a graduate student with some stipulations or to a lower division (FBS to FCS).

5. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

The rule was changed about a year ago, I think. Once you graduate, if you transfer you can play right away. Hurts graduated in 3 years, and still has another year of eligibility. I hate to see him go, but I wish him all the best.

6. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The rule was changed about a year ago, I think. Once you graduate, if you transfer you can play right away. Hurts graduated in 3 years, and still has another year of eligibility. I hate to see him go, but I wish him all the best.
    It really didn't matter who was playing QB for Alabama on Monday. The last time someone in Alabama got spanked that bad was MLK, Jr. in the 1960s.

7. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    It really didn't matter who was playing QB for Alabama on Monday. The last time someone in Alabama got spanked that bad was MLK, Jr. in the 1960s.
    We got our ass kicked, for sure. But the offense moved the ball. At least better than Notre Dame did. The passing and rushing yards are close for both Bama and Clemson. Getting in the red zone and not scoring killed us. But then, I was talking about Clemson defense (especially their D line) back in August or September.

8. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We got our ass kicked, for sure. But the offense moved the ball. At least better than Notre Dame did. The passing and rushing yards are close for both Bama and Clemson. Getting in the red zone and not scoring killed us. But then, I was talking about Clemson defense (especially their D line) back in August or September.
    Inconsistent describes the Alabama offense on Monday. You gave a prime example of it describing the red zone.

It's irrelevant what Notre Dame did. Different game, different game plan.

Hate to break it to you but whether the total yards were similar or a night/day difference is also irrelevant. The score is the only thing that matters.

In case you didn't know, the key player on the D-line for Clemson didn't play. I could have read what you posted about the Clemson defense but you felt it was necessary to thread ban me because you can't handle anyone saying anything negative about Alabama.

9. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Inconsistent describes the Alabama offense on Monday. You gave a prime example of it describing the red zone.

It's irrelevant what Notre Dame did. Different game, different game plan.

Hate to break it to you but whether the total yards were similar or a night/day difference is also irrelevant. The score is the only thing that matters.

In case you didn't know, the key player on the D-line for Clemson didn't play. I could have read what you posted about the Clemson defense but you felt it was necessary to thread ban me because you can't handle anyone saying anything negative about Alabama.
    First of all, I am not saying we didn't get our ass kicked. In fact, I believe I specifically said we did. But throwing in a detail or two doesn't change the topic.

And yes, I thread banned you. And it was not because I can't handle someone saying negative things about Alabama. I just got tire of the trolling.

10. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

First of all, I am not saying we didn't get our ass kicked. In fact, I believe I specifically said we did. But throwing in a detail or two doesn't change the topic.

And yes, I thread banned you. And it was not because I can't handle someone saying negative things about Alabama. I just got tire of the trolling.
    You did say that. Throwing irrelevant details in after that must be our pain medication.

Then saying you made claims about Clemson's defense in September is meaningless. Why would I read a thread where I can't respond? That would have been like showing up at Levi's Stadium without my ticket.

I guess that's the difference between us. I don't care what you say or how you say it. You, nor anyone else, will be thread banned or put on ignore. I don't get offended or get my feelings hurt. You obviously do.

11. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You did say that. Throwing irrelevant details in after that must be our pain medication.

Then saying you made claims about Clemson's defense in September is meaningless. Why would I read a thread where I can't respond? That would have been like showing up at Levi's Stadium without my ticket.

I guess that's the difference between us. I don't care what you say or how you say it. You, nor anyone else, will be thread banned or put on ignore. I don't get offended or get my feelings hurt. You obviously do.
    I did mention Clemson's defense in the other thread, which you were not banned from. On 8/7/18 I talked about them.

I scrolled back through the other thread. I was fine with your obsession with coming after me almost exclusively. It was when you stooped to making claims of having had sex with my late wife that I drew the line. That is simply disgusting.

12. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

In case you doubt it, the first post you made in the other college football thread was on 9/6. You spent most of the time trying to single me out and demean Alabama. I did not start the other thread for over 2 weeks. During which time I engaged your obsessing on one minor point or another, including insisting that Jalen Hurts is a loser. YOur first comment about sex with my wife was on 9/21. I started the new thread on 9/22. I am not quick thread ban or ignore people. Not at all. But there are lines that should not be crossed. It is a matter of simple decency. Something you obviously lack.

13. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Well, enough with the soap opera, so, does Alabama have a basketball team?

14. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, enough with the soap opera, so, does Alabama have a basketball team?
    Yes, we do. 10-4 so far this season, including a win over #13 Kentucky.

15. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I did mention Clemson's defense in the other thread, which you were not banned from. On 8/7/18 I talked about them.

I scrolled back through the other thread. I was fine with your obsession with coming after me almost exclusively. It was when you stooped to making claims of having had sex with my late wife that I drew the line. That is simply disgusting.
    "the other thread". Sure. It doesn't change that no matter what you or anyone else says, thread bans don't occur. Unlike you, I can take it because I know what you say isn't true. That you get offended enough to thread ban proves you aren't sure.

I didn't come after you. If that's what you think, you're too thin skinned.