Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 256 to 261 of 261

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

  1. #256 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 285 Times in 221 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Sure you can, just like "cfm" can name Mississippi players, and the other guy Oklahoma, but that doesn't make them memorable outside of Alabama, Mississippi, or Oklahoma. Most college football fans couldn't tell you who Hurt was let alone where he will be next year
    Ok, so he was nationally known for a couple of years, and remembered by fans for years to come. What percentage of college athletes are actually remembered by everyone? 0.001% or less?

    I think his story will be remembered by plenty of fans, and some from other places. He went 26-2 as a starter. Got benched in an epic game against Georgia. Stayed and supported the team and the guy who replaced him. Then less than a year later, the starter was hurt, Jalen came in, down by 2 touchdowns, with around 10 mins left in the game, and won the game. That is a fairly special story.

    But if no one other than Alabama fans remember him, so what? Do you think that matters?
    Last edited by WinterBorn; 01-17-2019 at 10:52 PM.

  2. #257 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 285 Times in 221 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    BROADWAY JOE NAMUTH
    Off the top of my head, Namath, Bart Starr, Ken Stabler, Cornelius Bennett, Derrick Thomas, John Hannah, Sylvester Croom, George Teague, Barry Krause, Ozzie Newsome, Michael Prostor, Don Hutson, Derrick Henry, Al Bell, Julio Jones, CJ Mosley, Tyrone Prothro, Amari Cooper, Sean Alexander, Harry Gilmer, Bobby Humphreys, Johnny Musso, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow.........

    I can name more former Alabama players than I am willing to sit and type. And many, if not most, Alabama fans would recognize all of those names. And some date back to when they wore leather helmets.

  3. #258 | Top
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, WA
    Posts
    55,463
    Thanks
    15,100
    Thanked 14,024 Times in 10,502 Posts
    Groans
    616
    Groaned 955 Times in 908 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Off the top of my head, Namath, Bart Starr, Ken Stabler, Cornelius Bennett, Derrick Thomas, John Hannah, Sylvester Croom, George Teague, Barry Krause, Ozzie Newsome, Michael Prostor, Don Hutson, Derrick Henry, Al Bell, Julio Jones, CJ Mosley, Tyrone Prothro, Amari Cooper, Sean Alexander, Harry Gilmer, Bobby Humphreys, Johnny Musso, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow.........

    I can name more former Alabama players than I am willing to sit and type. And many, if not most, Alabama fans would recognize all of those names. And some date back to when they wore leather helmets.
    Damn, you guys used to produce some QBs! Starr and the Snake were legit, and Broadway Joe, though vastly overrated, was/remains a great spectacle.

  4. #259 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 285 Times in 221 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Damn, you guys used to produce some QBs! Starr and the Snake were legit, and Broadway Joe, though vastly overrated, was/remains a great spectacle.
    Yeah, then we went to the 3 yards and a cloud of dust. And it was effective, to a point. It required a smothering defense. If you got behind, ground & pound wasn't a good way to catch up.

  5. #260 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    10,795
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5,171 Times in 3,237 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 360 Times in 343 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    Off the top of my head, Namath, Bart Starr, Ken Stabler, Cornelius Bennett, Derrick Thomas, John Hannah, Sylvester Croom, George Teague, Barry Krause, Ozzie Newsome, Michael Prostor, Don Hutson, Derrick Henry, Al Bell, Julio Jones, CJ Mosley, Tyrone Prothro, Amari Cooper, Sean Alexander, Harry Gilmer, Bobby Humphreys, Johnny Musso, Freddy Kitchens, Andrew Zow.........

    I can name more former Alabama players than I am willing to sit and type. And many, if not most, Alabama fans would recognize all of those names. And some date back to when they wore leather helmets.
    Majority of which are more famous for their pro careers than college

    Bigger question is why would you want to remember all those names, their just football players, and next year there will be more football players

  6. #261 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,956
    Thanks
    82
    Thanked 285 Times in 221 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Majority of which are more famous for their pro careers than college

    Bigger question is why would you want to remember all those names, their just football players, and next year there will be more football players
    Because I enjoy the games. Those players all made great plays. Some never played in the NFL. Some, like Tyrone Prothro, were injured before they should have been finished playing in college. But they played the game with all their heart and skill.

    Here is an amazing catch by Prothro that happened right in front of me:


    As a fan of the game, and the team, that is memorable.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-12-2018, 08:40 AM
  2. My ex contacted me today
    By Rationalist in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
  3. Feds to investigate Alabama schools
    By Guns Guns Guns in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-05-2011, 09:43 AM
  4. Portal 2
    By Cancel 2018. 3 in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-18-2011, 09:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •