Page 17 of 41 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #241 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    The ones not originating at Alabama detailed specific financial boons from the winning at Alabama. Your links mostly discussed things from a multitude of schools.

And you keep coming back to your claim that it is semi-pro. The money is a big part of winning. I have agreed with that. But the players are amateurs and are students at the University.

And I disagree that Saban is simply a good coach. He may be the best to ever coach college football.

And this is also off topic. Stick with a discussion of Jalen Hurts transferring, or start a new thread.
    There's your bias again. It automatically invalidates your claim.

If Saban left Alabama and went to another school, you'd be just like the idiots in Cleveland that burned Lebron James jerseys when he left for Miami.

To constantly whine about off topic, you make off topic posts a lot. Typical Alabama fan. It's wrong for you but OK for me mentality.

2. #242 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

We will remember Hurts. We remember people who did well.
    Quitting because you were replaced is doing well? Is that taught in a course at Alabama?

3. #243 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Quitting because you were replaced is doing well? Is that taught in a course at Alabama?
    Transferring after he graduated is not rare, especially for someone who will likely not start. Hurts is a competitor. He wants to play and compete.

4. #244 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Transferring after he graduated is not rare, especially for someone who will likely not start. Hurts is a competitor. He wants to play and compete.
    While at Alabama, he competed and lost. When he lost, he quit and ran to somewhere else. You, being admittedly biased, defends him being a quitter.

5. #245 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

While at Alabama, he competed and lost. When he lost, he quit and ran to somewhere else. You, being admittedly biased, defends him being a quitter.
    While at Alabama he was 26-2 as a starter. Then he lost the starting position in January of 2017 and transferred in January of 2018.

6. #246 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

While at Alabama he was 26-2 as a starter. Then he lost the starting position in January of 2017 and transferred in January of 2018.
    While at Alabama he was replaced, got his panties in a wad, and quit. That bias is coming through again. Kelly Bryant was 12-2 as a starter.

Alabama and Clemson have something in common. Both had a quarterback that competed against each other, both of those quarterbacks were replaced, and both quit after that. When it happened is irrelevant unless you're going to claim the level of which someone is a quitter is based on a date.

7. #247 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

While at Alabama he was replaced, got his panties in a wad, and quit. That bias is coming through again. Kelly Bryant was 12-2 as a starter.

Alabama and Clemson have something in common. Both had a quarterback that competed against each other, both of those quarterbacks were replaced, and both quit after that. When it happened is irrelevant unless you're going to claim the level of which someone is a quitter is based on a date.
    He never got his panties in a wad. He was supportive of Tua.

You are welcome to your opinion of him. I have a different one. I haven't seen anyone agreeing with your opinion, including people from both universities, teammates, and sports writers.

8. #248 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He never got his panties in a wad. He was supportive of Tua.

You are welcome to your opinion of him. I have a different one. I haven't seen anyone agreeing with your opinion, including people from both universities, teammates, and sports writers.
    He quit, PERIOD.

The Clemson people where I live called both Bryant and Hurts quitters. You have your opinion and have also admitted you're biased which discredits your opinion. That bias doesn't let you look objectively at the facts.

9. #249 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

He quit, PERIOD.

The Clemson people where I live called both Bryant and Hurts quitters. You have your opinion and have also admitted you're biased which discredits your opinion. That bias doesn't let you look objectively at the facts.
    Well good for the Clemson people where you live. Of course, they are likely talking about Bryant, who quit immediately upon being benched. THAT is a quitter. Staying and helping the team, like Hurts did is a different matter, whether you can see it or not. Bryant got his panties in a wad. Hurts worked for the good of the team. And he was there when Alabama needed him in the SEC Championship.

The people at OU thought enough of Hurts to offer him a scholarship. And there is talk of OU potentially having 3 Heisman winners in a row.

10. #250 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,605 Times in 9,276 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,405 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries

Well good for the Clemson people where you live. Of course, they are likely talking about Bryant, who quit immediately upon being benched. THAT is a quitter. Staying and helping the team, like Hurts did is a different matter, whether you can see it or not. Bryant got his panties in a wad. Hurts worked for the good of the team. And he was there when Alabama needed him in the SEC Championship.

The people at OU thought enough of Hurts to offer him a scholarship. And there is talk of OU potentially having 3 Heisman winners in a row.
    Hurts not only Won't win the Heisman,he might not win the starting job!
    AM I, I AM's,AM I.
    What day is Michaelmas on?

11. #251 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

We will remember Hurts. We remember people who did well.
    Really, without Googling, how many past Heisman Trophy winners can you name in sequential order going back in time starting with 2017?

12. #252 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Margot Frank View Post
    Hurts not only Won't win the Heisman,he might not win the starting job!
    I don't know what will happen. I know Lincoln Riley has taken transfer QBs and done wonder with them. Both Kyler Murray and Baker Mayfield were transfers from other schools.

I wish Hurts well.

13. #253 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Really, without Googling, how many past Heisman Trophy winners can you name in sequential order going back in time starting with 2017?
    Not many. But I can name dozens of former Alabama players. That is what fans do. And hurts has a LOT of fans from his time with the Crimson Tide.

14. #254 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,041 Times in 13,848 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

Not many. But I can name dozens of former Alabama players. That is what fans do. And hurts has a LOT of fans from his time with the Crimson Tide.
    Sure you can, just like "cfm" can name Mississippi players, and the other guy Oklahoma, but that doesn't make them memorable outside of Alabama, Mississippi, or Oklahoma. Most college football fans couldn't tell you who Hurt was let alone where he will be next year

15. #255 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,674 Times in 14,047 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts