Page 16 of 41 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #226 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post

To return to your original post in the first thread on Alabama football, Sabin isn't a great coach, good, not great, he's made good teams better, let him take a Boston College caliber program to the Championship game and then we can begin that discussion
    He took LSU out of the doldrums his first season as head coach and won a NC after 4 seasons.
    LSU
    In November 1999, LSU named Nick Saban as their 31st head football coach.[24] In 2000, the Tigers went 8–4 and won the Peach Bowl. The season was somewhat marred by several lopsided losses, including a 34–17 loss to the Auburn Tigers, a 13–10 loss to the UAB Blazers, and a 41–9 loss to the Florida Gators.

Saban led LSU to a 10–3 record in 2001, including an SEC Championship and a Sugar Bowl victory. After a loss to the Ole Miss Rebels, the Tigers finished the year with six straight wins, including a win over #2 Tennessee in the 2001 SEC Championship Game, and a 47–34 win over Illinois in the 2002 Sugar Bowl. It was the first outright SEC championship for LSU since 1986, and the first time the Tigers had won the Sugar Bowl since 1968.

The 2002 season opened with high expectations, but a 26–8 loss at the hands of Virginia Tech raised serious questions about their outlook. However, the Tigers would rebound to win their next six straight, but after a mid-season injury to quarterback Matt Mauck, LSU lost four of its last six games to close the season, including a 21–20 loss at Arkansas, which knocked the Tigers out of the SEC Championship Game, and forced them to share the SEC West Division title with the Razorbacks. LSU also suffered a 35–20 loss to Texas in the Cotton Bowl Classic, and finished 8–5.

The 2003 Tigers started the season with five wins, including a 17–10 victory in Tiger Stadium over the defending SEC champion, and then undefeated, Georgia Bulldogs. LSU lost the following week to Florida, 19–7. After the loss to Florida, LSU did not lose again in the regular season and ended its regular season with a win over the Arkansas Razorbacks to win the SEC West. After winning the SEC West, the Tigers defeated the Georgia Bulldogs in the SEC Championship Game in Atlanta. They were ranked No. 2 in the BCS standings and advanced to play the BCS No. 1 Oklahoma Sooners in the Sugar Bowl, which was the host of the BCS Championship Game in 2003. The Tigers won the game 21–14. The win gave LSU the BCS national championship[25] and a 13–1 finish for the season.[26]
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Saban#LSU
    He did very well with Mich. State before that.

2. #227 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Indeed your penchant for side topics seems to be no problem to you, hypocrite.

Stop whining you fucking pussy. Typical.

3. #228 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Read them all, even the ones originating via the University of Alabama, and I have offered equal number of disclaiming sources validating my point

I've presented you a dichotomy, Vanderbilt, an example, Steinbrenner's Yankees, even a simile, NASCAR, all of which you ignored, bottom line you just refuse to accept the fact that it is semi-pro, not competition, all about the money, the more you spend proportionately increases the probability the better you will do

To return to your original post in the first thread on Alabama football, Sabin isn't a great coach, good, not great, he's made good teams better, let him take a Boston College caliber program to the Championship game and then we can begin that discussion
    The ones not originating at Alabama detailed specific financial boons from the winning at Alabama. Your links mostly discussed things from a multitude of schools.

And you keep coming back to your claim that it is semi-pro. The money is a big part of winning. I have agreed with that. But the players are amateurs and are students at the University.

And I disagree that Saban is simply a good coach. He may be the best to ever coach college football.

And this is also off topic. Stick with a discussion of Jalen Hurts transferring, or start a new thread.

4. #229 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Jalen Hurts is headed to Oklahoma!

Can't wait to see how he does.

https://www.al.com/alabamafootball/2...-oklahoma.html

5. #230 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I'd bury my head in my hand if I was you. You should be embarrassed for being a fucking whiner. It's a shame more of your aren't.

6. #231 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

When he doesn't make it there, will he quit like he did at Alabama?

7. #232 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,483 Times in 7,579 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Good move and a good fit.

8. #233 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'd bury my head in my hand if I was you. You should be embarrassed for being a fucking whiner. It's a shame more of your aren't.
    Just more of the same from you. Get a grip. Try staying on topic.

If you want a different topic, start a new thread.

9. #234 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

When he doesn't make it there, will he quit like he did at Alabama?
    He has one more year of eligibility.

10. #235 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    Good move and a good fit.
    I think so too. Plus, Lincoln Riley can probably do more to help his passing skills (which have improved) get even better.

I hope he does well.

11. #236 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,183 Times in 13,933 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,051 Times in 2,846 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    He took LSU out of the doldrums his first season as head coach and won a NC after 4 seasons.

He did very well with Mich. State before that.
    LSU is a big spender, Mich St not quite as much, but still more than most, and did you notice he went where the money was, bottom line, it is all about money, you spend it you win, the more you spend, the more you will win, semi pro football

12. #237 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hardly whining, I think it is hysterical, perfect Trump, he could give a shit about Clemson football players, he didn't even spend any time with them, for him it was just another political stunt to get a cheap photo op and make it all about him

Listen, you can hear the players cracking up with "is this all we get"

13. #238 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The ones not originating at Alabama detailed specific financial boons from the winning at Alabama. Your links mostly discussed things from a multitude of schools.

And you keep coming back to your claim that it is semi-pro. The money is a big part of winning. I have agreed with that. But the players are amateurs and are students at the University.

And I disagree that Saban is simply a good coach. He may be the best to ever coach college football.

And this is also off topic. Stick with a discussion of Jalen Hurts transferring, or start a new thread.
    Who cares where the kid transfers, next year at this time few will even remember who he is or anything he did

The money is all of it, the more you spend, the more you are going to win, Alabama proves it, they spend the most and usually win the most. The academic opportunity cost just went right over your head, then again, you are happy with Alabama being the one hundred and something "best" University in the country

And as I said, when Sabin can take a Boston College to the championship game, or even seriously threaten to make a playoff game, then I'll concur with your opinion, but till then, he is nothing more than a good coach who can make a good team better, but there are dozens of them out there who could do the same thing given the financial resources Sabin has at his disposal

14. #239 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,549 Times in 2,989 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 107 Times in 102 Posts

Welcome to OU, Mr. Hurts. Always glad to receive an upstanding athlete to our state.

15. #240 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Who cares where the kid transfers, next year at this time few will even remember who he is or anything he did

The money is all of it, the more you spend, the more you are going to win, Alabama proves it, they spend the most and usually win the most. The academic opportunity cost just went right over your head, then again, you are happy with Alabama being the one hundred and something "best" University in the country

And as I said, when Sabin can take a Boston College to the championship game, or even seriously threaten to make a playoff game, then I'll concur with your opinion, but till then, he is nothing more than a good coach who can make a good team better, but there are dozens of them out there who could do the same thing given the financial resources Sabin has at his disposal
    We will remember Hurts. We remember people who did well.