Page 14 of 41 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Alabama QB Jalen Hurts in NCAA transfer portal, can be contacted by other schools

1. #196 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 12 Times in 11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Then you don't know shit, son. A man doesn't whine when someone doesn't agree with him or gets his feelings hurt when someone says something doesn't like.

I don't consider them experts. You do. Since you claimed they were experts. They called it an upset. You agree with them. Stand behind what you believe for once in your life. I hope you didn't raise your kids to be the same puss you are.
    I have not whined once in any of our threads. And I have welcomed opposing opinions. I am not here to agree with everything someone says. The entire reason these forums exist is for discussion and debate. Most people here don't have a problem understanding that. But then, most people here are not stuck being a chronic asshole.

But I'll tell you what an actual man doesn't do. That is to harp on petty bullshit in a personal, and cowardly, attack on a single entity or person.

You were the one who brought up the topic of it being called an upset. Where did you get that? From the same experts you mocked me for using. The term for that is hypocrisy.

I stand behind what I believe in. Always have and always will.

2. #197 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Then you don't know shit, son. A man doesn't whine when someone doesn't agree with him or gets his feelings hurt when someone says something doesn't like.

I don't consider them experts. You do. Since you claimed they were experts. They called it an upset. You agree with them. Stand behind what you believe for once in your life. I hope you didn't raise your kids to be the same puss you are.
    Ok, so if you want information about a specific sport, who do you consider an expert?

3. #198 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WinterBorn View Post
    I have not whined once in any of our threads. And I have welcomed opposing opinions. I am not here to agree with everything someone says. The entire reason these forums exist is for discussion and debate. Most people here don't have a problem understanding that. But then, most people here are not stuck being a chronic asshole.

But I'll tell you what an actual man doesn't do. That is to harp on petty bullshit in a personal, and cowardly, attack on a single entity or person.

You were the one who brought up the topic of it being called an upset. Where did you get that? From the same experts you mocked me for using. The term for that is hypocrisy.

I stand behind what I believe in. Always have and always will.
    You're whining now. Maybe you're so used to doing it you don't realize it. If you don't like people being assholes, you should stop.

No one has attacked you. Your problem is you're weak and thin-skinned.

I said it wasn't an upset and you kept claiming those YOU called experts said it was.

When what you believe isn't worth believing, you don't have much to stand behind. It's like hiding behind a curtain during a hurricane.

4. #199 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Ok, so if you want information about a specific sport, who do you consider an expert?
    No one. Unlike you, I don't rely on someone else to give me my opinions.

5. #200 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

No one. Unlike you, I don't rely on someone else to give me my opinions.
    Oh, so you use your vast knowledge acquired by [U]watching[U] some games on tv.

I have never said anyone gave me my opinions. I am simply not so hostile or insecure than I claim to not listen to people with a lifetime of experience in a given area.

6. #201 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

You're whining now. Maybe you're so used to doing it you don't realize it. If you don't like people being assholes, you should stop.

No one has attacked you. Your problem is you're weak and thin-skinned.

I said it wasn't an upset and you kept claiming those YOU called experts said it was.

When what you believe isn't worth believing, you don't have much to stand behind. It's like hiding behind a curtain during a hurricane.
    If what I am doing is whining, then you have been doing the same thing for quite a while.

You brought up the entire topic of it being called an upset. I didn't.

7. #202 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Oh, so you use your vast knowledge acquired by [U]watching[U] some games on tv.

I have never said anyone gave me my opinions. I am simply not so hostile or insecure than I claim to not listen to people with a lifetime of experience in a given area.
    I'm not the one that claims to be biased, something that clouds your vision.

You called those claiming it was an upset experts. By doing so, you're accepting their opinion. You are weak enough to take their opinion rather than forming one of your own.

8. #203 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

If what I am doing is whining, then you have been doing the same thing for quite a while.

You brought up the entire topic of it being called an upset. I didn't.
    I'm not the one getting his panties in a wad because someone disagrees.

I stated I disagreed with it being one. You went on to call those saying so experts and not being able to form your own opinion.

9. #204 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,243 Times in 13,968 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,056 Times in 2,851 Posts

Actually, Alabama has a pretty good academic reputation. Carnegie just ranked them as an elite research institution. The schools of accounting and engineering are nationally ranked.
    Ranked 129th in US World rankings, accept 56% of applicants and graduate 27% in four years, nobody is ever going to confuse it with MIT, or Vanderbilt for that matter, the school up keep avoiding in my question

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...=table&_page=7

10. #205 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I'm not the one that claims to be biased, something that clouds your vision.

You called those claiming it was an upset experts. By doing so, you're accepting their opinion. You are weak enough to take their opinion rather than forming one of your own.
    I was responding to your post. And they ARE experts. Certainly far more knowledgeable about the game than you are.

11. #206 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Ranked 129th in US World rankings, accept 56% of applicants and graduate 27% in four years, nobody is ever going to confuse it with MIT, or Vanderbilt for that matter, the school up keep avoiding in my question

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges...=table&_page=7
    129th out of how many?

I am not avoiding the question. Vanderbilt has not focused on developing their football program like the schools at the top of the rankings.

129th out of 312. So 58% of the schools listed are not as good (looking at the universities as a whole). And yet, we are in the top percentage in football.

http://big4accountingfirms.org/best-accounting-schools/

Ranked #38 in the top 50 schools of accounting.

And yes, a high acceptance rate. I don't see that as a mark against the UA.
    Last edited by WinterBorn; 01-15-2019 at 01:15 PM.

12. #207 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was responding to your post. And they ARE experts. Certainly far more knowledgeable about the game than you are.
    That doesn't change you're biased and it invalidates any claim you make.

Being knowledgeable and being an expert aren't the same.

13. #208 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

That doesn't change you're biased and it invalidates any claim you make.

Being knowledgeable and being an expert aren't the same.
    I am a fan of the Crimson Tide. So yes, I am biased. You'll have to be more specific about what claims that invalidates. I claimed we got our ass kicked. Is that invalidated?

I never said that being an expert and being knowledgeable are the same thing. But you do have to be very knowledgeable on a topic in order to be an expert. And watching a few games on tv does not get you there.

14. #209 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

129th out of how many?

I am not avoiding the question. Vanderbilt has not focused on developing their football program like the schools at the top of the rankings.

129th out of 312. So 58% of the schools listed are not as good (looking at the universities as a whole). And yet, we are in the top percentage in football.

http://big4accountingfirms.org/best-accounting-schools/

Ranked #38 in the top 50 schools of accounting.

And yes, a high acceptance rate. I don't see that as a mark against the UA.
    Did you have to search long to find a major that could crack the top one hundred? And it is 38 out of 50

Continuing, 129th isn't anything to brag about, why would anyone want to be 129th in anything, and an acceptance rate over fifty percent basically means every other kid who applies gets in, signifying it isn't competitive, comparatively, Princeton at the top has a seven percent acceptance rate

And Vanderbilt will never qualify for a playoff spot because they do not spend the money on football as "the top of the ratings," as neither does probably 80% of all the 130 schools playing, as I keep telling you and you refuse to accept, money is the common denominator, if Vanderbilt wanted to reallocate funds and spend big bucks in football they probably could reach that goal, but I think they have other priorities, they don't want a ranking only better than 58% of all other schools

It is all because of the money, spend more, you will be better, spend the most, and you will be the most or close to it

15. #210 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

And what do you two SEC boys think of the President serving up McDonald's and Burger King to the Clemson football team?