Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33

Thread: How much longer do we have to put up with this asshole?

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,930
    Thanks
    3,067
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 265 Times in 248 Posts

    Default How much longer do we have to put up with this asshole?

    CA should stop sending tax money to the federal government.....let's see what happens then.

    President Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he has ordered the Federal Emergency Management Agency to cut off wildfire relief aid for fire-scorched California until state officials “get their act together” and do a better job of managing forests. The bizarre proclamation furthers the administration’s attempt to pin the devastation on environmentalists while ignoring the clear impact climate change is having on extreme fires out west.

    “Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest (sic) fires that, with proper Forrest (sic) Management, would never happen,” he wrote in a since-deleted post to Twitter. “Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!” There was no further information on the veracity of Trump’s Twitter claim. The White House and FEMA did not immediately respond to requests for comment Wednesday. FEMA is also impacted by the ongoing partial government shutdown and, as Washington Post reporter Damian Paletta highlighted, doesn’t have money to send to the state. The announcement comes as California reels from one of its worst wildfire seasons on record. The Mendocino Complex fire, the largest wildfire in the state’s recorded history, burned more than 450,000 acres north of Santa Rosa in July. November’s Camp fire ― the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California’s history — engulfed more than 153,000 acres, destroyed nearly 19,000 structures and killed at least 86 people.

    Trump has blamed the state’s devastating infernos on everything from a lack of raking to a nonexistent water shortage resulting from “bad environmental laws.” And the administration has used the disasters to push partisan policy, connecting the blazes to a longstanding fight between farmers and environmentalists over water resources.



    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0dbd06602784d

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019), guno (01-11-2019), spoon (01-10-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Ravenhenge in the Northwoods
    Posts
    14,794
    Thanks
    31,619
    Thanked 11,785 Times in 7,291 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 738 Times in 712 Posts

    Default

    He's digging his own hole. Hope Mueller will help him (and us) out.

  4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019), guno (01-09-2019), katzgar (01-10-2019), signalmankenneth (01-09-2019), TTQ64 (01-09-2019)

  5. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    23,306
    Thanks
    7,953
    Thanked 10,159 Times in 5,092 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 551 Times in 525 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    CA should stop sending tax money to the federal government.....let's see what happens then.

    President Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he has ordered the Federal Emergency Management Agency to cut off wildfire relief aid for fire-scorched California until state officials “get their act together” and do a better job of managing forests. The bizarre proclamation furthers the administration’s attempt to pin the devastation on environmentalists while ignoring the clear impact climate change is having on extreme fires out west.

    “Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest (sic) fires that, with proper Forrest (sic) Management, would never happen,” he wrote in a since-deleted post to Twitter. “Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!” There was no further information on the veracity of Trump’s Twitter claim. The White House and FEMA did not immediately respond to requests for comment Wednesday. FEMA is also impacted by the ongoing partial government shutdown and, as Washington Post reporter Damian Paletta highlighted, doesn’t have money to send to the state. The announcement comes as California reels from one of its worst wildfire seasons on record. The Mendocino Complex fire, the largest wildfire in the state’s recorded history, burned more than 450,000 acres north of Santa Rosa in July. November’s Camp fire ― the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California’s history — engulfed more than 153,000 acres, destroyed nearly 19,000 structures and killed at least 86 people.

    Trump has blamed the state’s devastating infernos on everything from a lack of raking to a nonexistent water shortage resulting from “bad environmental laws.” And the administration has used the disasters to push partisan policy, connecting the blazes to a longstanding fight between farmers and environmentalists over water resources.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0dbd06602784d
    I'm pretty sure most of the wildfires were in rural, more conservative parts of the state, occupied by people that tend to vote Republican and presumably supported Trump.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cypress For This Post:

    evince (01-11-2019), guno (01-09-2019), katzgar (01-10-2019)

  7. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,930
    Thanks
    3,067
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 265 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    He's digging his own hole. Hope Mueller will help him (and us) out.
    I doubt he goes to prison or jail......This country provides cover for his type.

    Most we can hope for is people rising up and stop accepting this behavior.

  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TTQ64 For This Post:

    guno (01-09-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-09-2019)

  9. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,930
    Thanks
    3,067
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 265 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of the wildfires were in rural, more conservative parts of the state, occupied by people that tend to vote Republican and presumably supported Trump.
    Some parts yea, but a lot of them up north are on federal land. So. Cal fires are generally in populated areas in mostly "liberal" areas.

  10. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    12
    Thanked 178 Times in 81 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default

    In some ways, the country is learning a very valuable lesson from the Trump presidency. Elections do have consequences and those who couldn't be bothered to even get out and vote, own part of this disaster as well.

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tacomaman For This Post:

    guno (01-09-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-09-2019)

  12. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    2,179
    Thanks
    700
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 879 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 60 Times in 55 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    In some ways, the country is learning a very valuable lesson from the Trump presidency. Elections do have consequences and those who couldn't be bothered to even get out and vote, own part of this disaster as well.
    Or the opposition put up a half way respectable nominee to bother voting for.

  13. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    5,930
    Thanks
    3,067
    Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,789 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 265 Times in 248 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tacomaman View Post
    In some ways, the country is learning a very valuable lesson from the Trump presidency. Elections do have consequences and those who couldn't be bothered to even get out and vote, own part of this disaster as well.
    BULLSHIT. 3 million more people voted for someone else.

    ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED..... have been since they enacted the electorial college.

    There has never been a fair election in this country EVER! How can elections be fair when 1/4 of the population can't even vote?

    1 person 1 vote.

    It's the only fair election this country will have.

  14. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    47,566
    Thanks
    54,495
    Thanked 8,346 Times in 7,293 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,813 Times in 2,555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    CA should stop sending tax money to the federal government.....let's see what happens then.

    President Donald Trump on Wednesday said that he has ordered the Federal Emergency Management Agency to cut off wildfire relief aid for fire-scorched California until state officials “get their act together” and do a better job of managing forests. The bizarre proclamation furthers the administration’s attempt to pin the devastation on environmentalists while ignoring the clear impact climate change is having on extreme fires out west.

    “Billions of dollars are sent to the State of California for Forrest (sic) fires that, with proper Forrest (sic) Management, would never happen,” he wrote in a since-deleted post to Twitter. “Unless they get their act together, which is unlikely, I have ordered FEMA to send no more money. It is a disgraceful situation in lives & money!” There was no further information on the veracity of Trump’s Twitter claim. The White House and FEMA did not immediately respond to requests for comment Wednesday. FEMA is also impacted by the ongoing partial government shutdown and, as Washington Post reporter Damian Paletta highlighted, doesn’t have money to send to the state. The announcement comes as California reels from one of its worst wildfire seasons on record. The Mendocino Complex fire, the largest wildfire in the state’s recorded history, burned more than 450,000 acres north of Santa Rosa in July. November’s Camp fire ― the deadliest and most destructive wildfire in California’s history — engulfed more than 153,000 acres, destroyed nearly 19,000 structures and killed at least 86 people.

    Trump has blamed the state’s devastating infernos on everything from a lack of raking to a nonexistent water shortage resulting from “bad environmental laws.” And the administration has used the disasters to push partisan policy, connecting the blazes to a longstanding fight between farmers and environmentalists over water resources.

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0dbd06602784d
    “A wise and frugal government… shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.” — Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

    The real fantasy world is the one that allows Democrats to run from a past that never was to a future no one wants

  15. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ventura CA
    Posts
    47,566
    Thanks
    54,495
    Thanked 8,346 Times in 7,293 Posts
    Groans
    3,768
    Groaned 2,813 Times in 2,555 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IQof64 View Post
    BULLSHIT. 3 million more people voted for someone else.
    I see you are Constitutionally ignorant to match your economic and political ignorance.

    Quote Originally Posted by IQof64 View Post
    ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED..... have been since they enacted the electorial college.
    Obama thinks you are an idiot then.

    Obama: Trump's Rigged Election Comments are 'Ridiculous'
    “A wise and frugal government… shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government.” — Thomas Jefferson, First Inaugural Address, March 4, 1801

    The real fantasy world is the one that allows Democrats to run from a past that never was to a future no one wants

  16. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    Flyover Country
    Posts
    3,096
    Thanks
    1,276
    Thanked 1,388 Times in 1,018 Posts
    Groans
    98
    Groaned 114 Times in 110 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    How much longer do we have to put up with this asshole?
    Don't worry, he'll be out of office in early 2025.

  17. The Following User Groans At Sirthinksalot For This Awful Post:

    Nordberg (01-12-2019)

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sirthinksalot For This Post:

    Dark Soul (01-09-2019), Truth Detector (01-09-2019), USFREEDOM911 (01-09-2019)

  19. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    14,859
    Thanks
    151
    Thanked 7,245 Times in 4,925 Posts
    Groans
    2,729
    Groaned 1,417 Times in 1,323 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Don't worry, he'll be out of office in early 2025.
    You mean jail. I think that prediction is too soon.

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

    CharacterAssassin (01-09-2019)

  21. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,496
    Thanks
    461
    Thanked 985 Times in 821 Posts
    Groans
    46
    Groaned 183 Times in 169 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TTQ64 View Post
    BULLSHIT. 3 million more people voted for someone else.

    ELECTIONS ARE RIGGED..... have been since they enacted the electorial college.

    There has never been a fair election in this country EVER! How can elections be fair when 1/4 of the population can't even vote?

    1 person 1 vote.

    It's the only fair election this country will have.
    Boy, did Trump kick Hillary's ass. I wonder why Hillary didn't just go out and get those 270 votes that she needed for a win? Was she really too dumb to know that she needed those 270 votes?
    It is hereby ORDERED, ADJUDGED and DECREED that in
    consideration of their affirmative assumption of responsibility
    contained in part III herein, the complaint against Fred C.
    Trump and Donald J. Trump is dismissed against them in their
    personal capacity, with prejudice, as to all allegations
    contained therein, and predating this Order.

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

    Sirthinksalot (01-09-2019), Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  23. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Blue Ridge
    Posts
    20,877
    Thanks
    11,875
    Thanked 5,675 Times in 4,643 Posts
    Groans
    1,633
    Groaned 932 Times in 848 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    Don't worry, he'll be out of office in early 2025.
    You mean when Ivanka takes office?

  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dark Soul For This Post:

    Sirthinksalot (01-09-2019), Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

  25. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    1,386
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 375 Times in 301 Posts
    Groans
    24
    Groaned 50 Times in 47 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cypress View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of the wildfires were in rural, more conservative parts of the state, occupied by people that tend to vote Republican and presumably supported Trump.
    And YOU are pretty STUPID !

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to Loving91390 For This Post:

    Truth Detector (01-11-2019)

Similar Threads

  1. God I hate this asshole
    By I Love America in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-30-2013, 03:46 AM
  2. Portrait of an Asshole!
    By signalmankenneth in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-28-2012, 07:05 PM
  3. What an asshole....
    By NOVA in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 09-15-2009, 04:17 AM
  4. Who is the biggest asshole on JPP?
    By Cancel11 in forum Current Events Forum
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 08-07-2008, 08:22 AM
  5. Paid to be an asshole.
    By AssHatZombie in forum Off Topic Forum
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-20-2008, 09:15 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •