Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Name That Crisis! (Not The Wall Of Shame) Can You Identify The Real Crisis In The USA

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Name That Crisis! (Not The Wall Of Shame) Can You Identify The Real Crisis In The USA

One thing I kind of expected to hear in this national discussion about the fictitious border 'crisis' was all the real issues which are far more important to making America great.

We have a real crisis with gun violence.

We have a real crisis with climate change.

We have a real crisis with the federal debt / GDP ratio being too high.

PoliTalker anti-troll thread thief disclaimer: If this thread is stolen, plagiarized, will the thief have the nerve to use the entire OP, word for word? Including this disclaimer? If you want my take on it, you'll have to post to this original PoliTalker thread. I refuse to be an enabler for online bullies, so I won't post to a stolen thread. I won't even read it. If you don't see me, PoliTalker, posting in this thread check the author. This might be a hijacked thread, not the original.

We have so many pressing issues which need attention, all of them far more important than building a wall.

What is more important to you than a border wall?
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

kudzu (01-11-2019), Phantasmal (01-11-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

4. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-10-2019)

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (01-09-2019), Phantasmal (01-11-2019), PoliTalker (01-09-2019), reagansghost (01-11-2019)

6. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    CLEAN ELECTIONS
    So true.

Our election system is in crisis.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

evince (01-09-2019), Phantasmal (01-11-2019)

8. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bourbon For This Post:

evince (01-09-2019), Phantasmal (01-11-2019), PoliTalker (01-09-2019)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

The climate crisis is a phony issue. Government scientists have fudged the data to create the evidence that the models are accurate. Without the adjustments, half of the anthropogenic signal is gone. Adjustments to the record in the 1930s and 1940s removed the well established warm period. The science has become so dishonest, and the adherents so mind-numbingly incurious, that it's become damn near fraudulent. And like a religion, these dopes will simply cry "Heretic!". They have no desire to question their beliefs and no desire to see any evidence that might change their minds. LOL

11. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    The climate crisis is a phony issue. Government scientists have fudged the data to create the evidence that the models are accurate. Without the adjustments, half of the anthropogenic signal is gone. Adjustments to the record in the 1930s and 1940s removed the well established warm period. The science has become so dishonest, and the adherents so mind-numbingly incurious, that it's become damn near fraudulent. And like a religion, these dopes will simply cry "Heretic!". They have no desire to question their beliefs and no desire to see any evidence that might change their minds. LOL
    the is not what the facts and science says

12. The Following User Groans At evince For This Awful Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-10-2019)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to evince For This Post:

Phantasmal (01-11-2019)

14. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 22,036 Times in 13,846 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,042 Times in 2,838 Posts

This is another of those false equivalence "arguements" climate deniers employ, as if a dozen or so contrary studies negates all of the work completed by the thousands of climate scientists. You see of often as if it is legitimate

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    This is another of those false equivalence "arguements" climate deniers employ, as if a dozen or so contrary studies negates all of the work completed by the thousands of climate scientists. You see of often as if it is legitimate
    No it isn't. I stated that NOAA adjusts the record. Look it up. You'll see I'm right. Half of the anthropogenic signal is due to adjustments. I know you won't follow links so you have to find it yourself if you're interested in the truth. Or you can just believe I'm wrong like a good little warmer would. LOL

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,555 Times in 17,085 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,575 Times in 4,254 Posts

No it isn't. I stated that NOAA adjusts the record. Look it up. You'll see I'm right. Half of the anthropogenic signal is due to adjustments. I know you won't follow links so you have to find it yourself if you're interested in the truth. Or you can just believe I'm wrong like a good little warmer would. LOL
    Read tons and tons from real experts. Global warming is real and man is a huge contributor. Just that simple. What would a scientist have to gain by faking the data? Would fossil fuel companies have to gain from denying? That is easy. Trillions of dollars in sales.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-10-2019)

18. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello tinfoil,

I completely disagree and most scientists do as well.

19. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The indicators have come from multiple sources, not just NOAA.

20. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Nordberg,

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Read tons and tons from real experts. Global warming is real and man is a huge contributor. Just that simple. What would a scientist have to gain by faking the data? Would fossil fuel companies have to gain from denying? That is easy. Trillions of dollars in sales.
    Fossil Fuel extractors know the truth, and have known it for a long time. Freaking Edison knew it. They are simply playing the PR game for all the profits they can squeeze out of a misled public for as long as they can get away with it.

Climate Change is a FAR bigger crisis than southern border security.

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,039 Times in 2,191 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 603 Times in 570 Posts

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Jimmy Carter correctly labelled our crisis.

"The threat is nearly invisible in ordinary ways. It is a crisis of confidence. It is a crisis that strikes at the very heart and soul and spirit of our national will. We can see this crisis in the growing doubt about the meaning of our own lives and in the loss of a unity of purpose for our nation."

And if it was bad then, it's far worse now.

23. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries