Members banned from this thread: Hermes Thoth, SmarterthanYou, USFREEDOM911, cancel2 2022, PostmodernProphet, Legion, Truth Detector, Granule, canceled.2021.1, Boris The Animal, canceled.2021.2, MAGA MAN, Irish, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Life is Golden, Bigdog, TTQ64, Getin the ring, zymurgy, Superfreak, PraiseKek, Eagle_Eye, katzgar, countryboy, Tommatthews, volsrock, The Ugly Truth, BodyDouble, coolzone, rhym3pays, LV426, Loving91390, Into the Night, Enlightened One, Anarchon and artichoke

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Whatever Happened To That GoFundMe For The Wall Of Shame? Fell A Bit Short?

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,318 Times in 2,772 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sirthinksalot View Post
    It's raised approximately a million dollars per day on average.
    Right! All they have to do is keep that up for another 50 years and they can build the wall.

Oh wait, it could take another 50 years of litigation to get the land to build it on.

That's it! It can be the Hundred Years Wall.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-08-2019), PoliTalker (01-08-2019)

3. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

What happened to it? It's still going strong, and is on track to be the largest GoFundMe campaign of all time. It's raised approximately a million dollars per day on average.
    Lol, it had one day where it made close to like 9 million, when all the rubes we're sharing it on Facebook. It's been limping along ever since.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-08-2019)

5. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,573 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 161 Times in 153 Posts

I'm actually curious if anyone here has donated, and if so, how much?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Badguy For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-08-2019)

7. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,095 Times in 13,072 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Sirthinksalot,

What happened to it? It's still going strong, and is on track to be the largest GoFundMe campaign of all time. It's raised approximately a million dollars per day on average.
    Very impressive! At that rate (do keep it up, and up, and up, and up,) the movement will raise the entire $5.6 Billion for the 1/5th of the 27 Billion needed for the whole (well not really a complete wall) thing in just a very short time.

Keep on paying in.

If I have my math correct, at that rate it will take just 15.3 years.

For the lower figure of 5.6 Billion.

(Not the originally proposed 27 Billion.)

(which still doesn't even build a complete wall)
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PoliTalker For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-08-2019), Phantasmal (01-08-2019)

9. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Their goal is a billion dollars. $19.5M in a few weeks isn't chump change. It is change the chumps not only believe in but support with their purse.
    Hey, almost there. Almost up to the $5.6 Billion.

Only need $5.598 Billion more.

LOL
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

10. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 41 Times in 41 Posts

It is at $19.5M and climbing https://www.gofundme.com/TheTrumpWall

Far more than the dems raised for the imaginary future challenger to Susan Collins, and way more than the go fund me to buy ladders so immigrants can climb over the wall illegally

Edited to direct link to gofundme
    Not bad. But, admittedly, it is peanuts compared to Clinton's failed presidential campaign.
    The anti-Trumper's new mantra:

“B-b-but muh White supremacy”

11. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Mr.Badguy,

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Badguy View Post
    I'm actually curious if anyone here has donated, and if so, how much?
    I wonder if Mr. 'So Rich. Richer than anybody,' has donated; and if so how much?

Remember the tax cut? He just made himself a lot richer. Does he owe all of that to the Russians?

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 54,781 Times in 33,640 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,065 Times in 4,683 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Mr.Badguy,

I wonder if Mr. 'So Rich. Richer than anybody,' has donated; and if so how much?

Remember the tax cut? He just made himself a lot richer. Does he owe all of that to the Russians?
    No, he doesn’t donate money, anymore, they closed down his charity. He only donates other people’s money.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Phantasmal For This Post:

PoliTalker (01-08-2019)

14. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,752 Times in 14,344 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Sorry people can do whatever they want with their own money without your approval.
    Except it's illegal to apply that money to any specific project. It goes to the general fund.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Guno צְבִי (01-08-2019), Phantasmal (01-08-2019), PoliTalker (01-08-2019)

16. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Except it's illegal to apply that money to any specific project. It goes to the general fund.
    Not my money, so as I said, they could use it to put a south-facing painting of Donald Trump for all I care.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Althea (01-08-2019)

18. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Heff View Post
    Not bad. But, admittedly, it is peanuts compared to Clinton's failed presidential campaign.
    Think it was about what the dems spent to win a congressional seat in Pennsylvania that now no longer exists.

19. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Hello Althea,

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Oh, that's funny. They can't really give the government money with a stipulation that it can only be used for a specific item.

Makes sense. Our government is not supposed to be for sale.

Money can be raised for the government, money can be given to the government. You just can't tell the government what to do with it. If it is given, it is given. Once it is given it is the government's to use as government sees fit. Expenditures are generally voted on by the House.

The account holder has not secured a legal way to ensure that the money will go to the wall. He says it will, but this one person has full control of the account. Everyone who donates is trusting that he will do what he says. He said if the government won't guarantee it will go to a wall, then he won't donate it. But he didn't say what he WOULD do with it in that case, just that he would wait until he gets what he wants. Even though that is not a given.

20. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Not my money, so as I said, they could use it to put a south-facing painting of Donald Trump for all I care.
    Same here
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

21. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hey, almost there. Almost up to the $5.6 Billion.

Only need $5.598 Billion more.

LOL
    It must sting that 1) Conservatives can use the internet effectively for fundraising; 2) 350K or so people think it is important enough of an issue to donate to it; and 3) the first female President will be a republican.

22. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Hello Althea,

Oh, that's funny. They can't really give the government money with a stipulation that it can only be used for a specific item.

Makes sense. Our government is not supposed to be for sale.

Money can be raised for the government, money can be given to the government. You just can't tell the government what to do with it. If it is given, it is given. Once it is given it is the government's to use as government sees fit. Expenditures are generally voted on by the House.

The account holder has not secured a legal way to ensure that the money will go to the wall. He says it will, but this one person has full control of the account. Everyone who donates is trusting that he will do what he says. He said if the government won't guarantee it will go to a wall, then he won't donate it. But he didn't say what he WOULD do with it in that case, just that he would wait until he gets what he wants. Even though that is not a given.
    Gofundme has stringent guidelines. Money raised MUST go to the intended recipient for the intended reason.

He's already talking about refunds.

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (01-09-2019), Guno צְבִי (01-08-2019), PoliTalker (01-08-2019)