Thread: American family feuds, Trump, politics

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default American family feuds, Trump, politics

Family feuds continue in America because of Donald J. Trump, divisions in culture, and because of politics.

Our family is split: the genxrs against the some of the boomers. The millennials think everyone older and DJT are fucked up.

It's tough. I don't remember this before DJT.

By Colby Itkowitz
    November 1, 2018
    Donald Trump’s candidacy, and then presidency, has highlighted deep divides in families and friendships across America. Politics have seeped into our personal lives. Mini civil wars have broken out at dinner tables. Friends with opposing views have been blocked on social media.

Families and loved ones disagreeing on politics is not new, of course. Ron Reagan Jr., son of conservative hero Ronald Reagan, is an outspoken atheist liberal. In fact, a 2015 academic study published in the American Sociological Review dispelled the myth that children get their ideology from their parents.

Differences in political beliefs used to be a private matter. Remember the adage: Never talk religion or politics. But this year, family political disputes are playing out very publicly. And not just between your cousin and grandpa on Facebook. Politicians running for office have family members actively campaigning against them.

That family members feel emboldened, or even obligated, to speak out against their kin — and that this has been the case in at least four races this year — seems to be a sign of the times. Here they are:

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

evince (01-07-2019), kudzu (01-07-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-07-2019)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 24,837 Times in 17,268 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,601 Times in 4,278 Posts

Trumpies cannot be talked to They believe in Trump. When you point out what a lying asshole he is and what terrible things he is doing, they think you are saying it about them. They take it personally and react in anger. How dare you attack me. Only it is about Daffy, the last president of the United states.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nordberg For This Post:

evince (01-07-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-07-2019)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,043 Times in 3,907 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,697 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nordberg View Post
    Trumpies cannot be talked to They believe in Trump. When you point out what a lying asshole he is and what terrible things he is doing, they think you are saying it about them. They take it personally and react in anger. How dare you attack me. Only it is about Daffy, the last president of the United states.
    I really think most Trumpies are trolling. They love Trump because he pisses off the SJW cucks, not because they're actually dumb enough to believe a thing he says.

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,498 Times in 7,586 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StoneByStone View Post
    I really think most Trumpies are trolling. They love Trump because he pisses off the SJW cucks, not because they're actually dumb enough to believe a thing he says.
    I have no idea if that's most but I think that's part of it.
    I also think that's why some on the left voted for hrc.

7. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hmm, you have a higher opinion of them than I do then. Some of them who post here are definitely in your category, but not the ones that I see posting on news articles about Toadstool or politics, and esp. not the ones I see posting on our Congresscritter's newsfeed. They are true believers to the end.

8. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

you side with Putin idiot

9. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,774 Times in 27,248 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,590 Times in 18,179 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Hmm, you have a higher opinion of them than I do then. Some of them who post here are definitely in your category, but not the ones that I see posting on news articles about Toadstool or politics, and esp. not the ones I see posting on our Congresscritter's newsfeed. They are true believers to the end.
    watch out

stone by stone says Trumpy isn't a racist

and it hates all republicans and democratic party members

its a fake russo bot hole

10. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    I'm sure there are many true believers too, but I think the portion of trolls and anarchists among Trump supporters is a lot higher than most people think.
    It's also possible that many of the true believers simply want to believe in a savior so badly, that they're willing to ignore the truth about Trump.

11. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 27,477 Times in 22,782 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,245 Times in 2,985 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post
    Family feuds continue in America because of Donald J. Trump, divisions in culture, and because of politics.
    Our family is split: the genxrs against the some of the boomers. The millennials think everyone older and DJT are fucked up.
    You don't remember because you lack the brain cells to comprehend reality. There have been generational disputes in families since the beginning of time. The Democrat started Vietnam War tore many more apart and brought this nation to the brink of destruction.

If kids don't think the adults are fucked up, they are probably hooked up to an intravenous feeder. This does not mean they are right of course; kids seldom are. Liberals never are.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.
    Author: Booker T. Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Unless you just can't stand the idea of "ni**ers" teaching white kids.

Quote Originally Posted by AProudLefty View Post
    Address the topic, not other posters.

12. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Trumpies cannot be talked to They believe in Trump.
    You think Trump hating liberals can be talked or reasoned with? STFU, seriously.
    "When government fears the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny."

A lie doesn't become the truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it is accepted by a majority.

13. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jimmymccready View Post

By Colby Itkowitz
    November 1, 2018
    Donald Trump’s candidacy, and then presidency, has highlighted deep divides in families and friendships across America. Politics have seeped into our personal lives. Mini civil wars have broken out at dinner tables. Friends with opposing views have been blocked on social media.

Families and loved ones disagreeing on politics is not new, of course. Ron Reagan Jr., son of conservative hero Ronald Reagan, is an outspoken atheist liberal. In fact, a 2015 academic study published in the American Sociological Review dispelled the myth that children get their ideology from their parents.

Differences in political beliefs used to be a private matter. Remember the adage: Never talk religion or politics. But this year, family political disputes are playing out very publicly. And not just between your cousin and grandpa on Facebook. Politicians running for office have family members actively campaigning against them.

That family members feel emboldened, or even obligated, to speak out against their kin — and that this has been the case in at least four races this year — seems to be a sign of the times. Here they are:
    I am shocked that you have what it takes to actually start a thread, hopefully you were able to do this without any help.

Politics are the deepest division I know of right now. Deeper than race or religion, since they can divide families in a way that race never could. Americans fought their kin during the civil war, and we are fighting each other again in the current civil war. We have not seen much bloodshed yet, but I predict we will see it soon.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-07-2019)

15. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

I want to see bad things happen to lefties at least as much as lefties want to see bad things happen to righties.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Evmetro For This Post:

Truth Detector (01-07-2019)

17. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    You think Trump hating liberals can be talked or reasoned with? STFU, seriously.
    SJW Liberals can't be reasoned with, but most Liberals are pretty rational.
    But with Trumpies, it really seems like most of them refuse to accept truth when Trump is concerned.

18. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

SJW Liberals can't be reasoned with, but most Liberals are pretty rational.
    But with Trumpies, it really seems like most of them refuse to accept truth when Trump is concerned.
    What truth do you think they refuse to accept? The lies from the media?

19. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You are not thinking very well then. It's not love either. You keep erupting with these strawman as if you knew what a fact was.

We support Trump because he is doing exactly what he said he would do and does not allow the Democratic Party of the Jackass or lying leftist DNC media kowtow him to their views.

The people who elected Trump agreed with his ideas for economic expansion, allowing Americans to keep more of what they earn and defending and dealing with the massive illegal uneducated immigrant problem from third world shit holes.

They had a choice; and Hillary was considered to be far worse. It was also a rejection of Obamunism. They didn't want another four years of that shit.