Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 62

Thread: "Where The Idea For Donald Trump's Wall Came From?"

  1. #1 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    13,709
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6,320 Times in 4,004 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 727 Times in 684 Posts

    Default "Where The Idea For Donald Trump's Wall Came From?"

    "Donald Trump’s plan to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border did not come from security analysts following years of study or through evidence that a wall would reduce illegal immigration"

    "Joshua Green had good access to Trump insiders, including Sam Nunberg, who worked with Stone. “Roger Stone and I came up with the idea of ‘the Wall,’ and we talked to Steve [Bannon] about it,” according to Nunberg. “It was to make sure he [Trump] talked about immigration.”

    “Inside Trump’s circle, the power of illegal immigration to manipulate popular sentiment was readily apparent, and his advisers brainstormed methods for keeping their attention-addled boss on message. They needed a trick, a mnemonic device. In the summer of 2014, they found one that clicked.”

    "Roger Stone and Sam Nunberg are political consultants. Neither man has claimed expertise in immigration policy, particularly the complex issue of deterring individuals from attempting to enter the United States illegally.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta...F#c68d5af44156

    Now would that be like Stan guiding Oliver, or, Moe advising Curly?

    Is it any wonder now Trump has himself stuck with no off ramp

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to archives For This Post:

    kudzu (01-06-2019), reagansghost (01-07-2019), Tranquillus in Exile (01-06-2019)

  3. #2 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,870
    Thanks
    3,910
    Thanked 10,516 Times in 7,429 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 282 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Donald Trump’s plan to build a wall along the U.S.-Mexico border did not come from security analysts following years of study or through evidence that a wall would reduce illegal immigration"

    "Joshua Green had good access to Trump insiders, including Sam Nunberg, who worked with Stone. “Roger Stone and I came up with the idea of ‘the Wall,’ and we talked to Steve [Bannon] about it,” according to Nunberg. “It was to make sure he [Trump] talked about immigration.”

    “Inside Trump’s circle, the power of illegal immigration to manipulate popular sentiment was readily apparent, and his advisers brainstormed methods for keeping their attention-addled boss on message. They needed a trick, a mnemonic device. In the summer of 2014, they found one that clicked.”

    "Roger Stone and Sam Nunberg are political consultants. Neither man has claimed expertise in immigration policy, particularly the complex issue of deterring individuals from attempting to enter the United States illegally.

    https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta...F#c68d5af44156

    Now would that be like Stan guiding Oliver, or, Moe advising Curly?

    Is it any wonder now Trump has himself stuck with no off ramp
    Just kind of curious, who advised the Democrats when they thought it was a great idea.

  4. #3 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    13,709
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6,320 Times in 4,004 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 727 Times in 684 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Just kind of curious, who advised the Democrats when they thought it was a great idea.
    Well, even though it is an attempt at a deflection, I'll bite, the Democrats never ever voted for a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall, fencing, border obstacles, and border security, yes, a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall," never

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to archives For This Post:

    kudzu (01-06-2019)

  6. #4 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,870
    Thanks
    3,910
    Thanked 10,516 Times in 7,429 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 282 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    Well, even though it is an attempt at a deflection, I'll bite, the Democrats never ever voted for a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall, fencing, border obstacles, and border security, yes, a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall," never
    Not a deflection at all. They wanted barriers at the border. Who advised them?

  7. #5 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19,925
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 8,881 Times in 6,107 Posts
    Groans
    105
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Just kind of curious, who advised the Democrats when they thought it was a great idea.
    Trump lied about that.. Clinton, Bush and Obama never spoke with Trump about a wall.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  8. #6 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,870
    Thanks
    3,910
    Thanked 10,516 Times in 7,429 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 282 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    Trump lied about that.. Clinton, Bush and Obama never spoke with Trump about a wall.
    What? Where did you get that from? Who advised the Democrats when they though building a wall on the southern border was a great idea.

  9. #7 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    13,709
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6,320 Times in 4,004 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 727 Times in 684 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    What? Where did you get that from? Who advised the Democrats when they though building a wall on the southern border was a great idea.
    "Sailor," before we go any further, show us where any Democrat thought it was a good idea to build a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall" on the border

  10. #8 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,870
    Thanks
    3,910
    Thanked 10,516 Times in 7,429 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 282 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    "Sailor," before we go any further, show us where any Democrat thought it was a good idea to build a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall" on the border
    A barrier is a barrier. It is meant to keep things out. So please, continue.

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sailor For This Post:

    anatta (01-06-2019)

  12. #9 | Top
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    38,578
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 19 Times in 18 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    The president of the United States Hispanic Leadership Institute criticized U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., Thursday for supporting a bill that calls for the construction of a 700-mile wall along the border of the United States and Mexico.

    Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. called the proposed wall offensive and "an insult to those of us of Mexican ancestry." He also said Obama owes immigrants, especially Mexicans, an apology.

    "Obama owes the 1.7 million immigrants in the state of Illinois ... and the 1.3 million Mexicans in Illinois in particular an explanation for his vote," Andrade said during a news conference.

    "I have supported and will continue to support comprehensive immigration reform that will provide a path to citizenship for the millions of undocumented immigrants in this country," Obama replied in a statement Thursday. "But I disagree with those who think that we can do this without measures that allow us to control our borders."

    Andrade added that investing money in Mexico's infrastructure and economy instead of erecting a wall would reduce immigration by improving conditions in Mexico, thus eliminating the need for people to seek survival in the United States.

    "We would think the [senator's] leadership and vision ... would be better served if he sought to invest ... in Latin America to make immigration less necessary," Andrade said.

    He also cautioned Obama about the consequences his votes will have on his presidential aspirations. As Democrats attempt to win back the White House in 2008, Andrade said Obama will undoubtedly be at the forefront of that campaign and will have "a lot of explaining to do to the immigrant communities," especially those in California, Texas, Florida, New York and Illinois.

    According to Obama's spokesman Julian Green, the senator spoke with Andrade Wednesday about his concerns. Obama also is scheduled to meet with community leaders on Saturday, Green said.

    Saturday's meeting will include representatives from the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. Juan Salgado, president of the coalition, acknowledged an urgency for comprehensive immigration reform that would include a path to legalization.

    "We can't afford to wait any longer," he said.


    https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/obama-takes-heat-over-border-wall-support/article_d7489473-692b-5b25-930d-2d0721153c0d.html

  13. #10 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19,925
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 8,881 Times in 6,107 Posts
    Groans
    105
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    What? Where did you get that from? Who advised the Democrats when they though building a wall on the southern border was a great idea.
    Yesterday's newspaper I think... Trump just lied. Since Clinton the Border Patrol Agents have increased to 21,000. There is no "crisis".. no national emergency.. Trump just likes to get the mob all worked up.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

    Tranquillus in Exile (01-06-2019)

  15. #11 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    13,709
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6,320 Times in 4,004 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 727 Times in 684 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    A barrier is a barrier. It is meant to keep things out. So please, continue.
    No, no, no, Trump has told America it isn't just a barrier, concertina wire wire is a barrier, but that it was going to be a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall


  16. #12 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19,925
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 8,881 Times in 6,107 Posts
    Groans
    105
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    What? Where did you get that from? Who advised the Democrats when they though building a wall on the southern border was a great idea.
    Yesterday's newspaper I think... Trump just lied. Since Clinton the Border Patrol Agents have increased to 21,000. There is no "crisis".. no national emergency.. Trump just likes to get the mob all worked up.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  17. #13 | Top
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    19,925
    Thanks
    9,718
    Thanked 8,881 Times in 6,107 Posts
    Groans
    105
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No, no, no, Trump has told America it isn't just a barrier, concertina wire wire is a barrier, but that it was going to be a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall


    You know how Trump talks.. He uses the word "suckas" a lot.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

  18. #14 | Top
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    13,709
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 6,320 Times in 4,004 Posts
    Groans
    0
    Groaned 727 Times in 684 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    The president of the United States Hispanic Leadership Institute criticized U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., Thursday for supporting a bill that calls for the construction of a 700-mile wall along the border of the United States and Mexico.

    Dr. Juan Andrade Jr. called the proposed wall offensive and "an insult to those of us of Mexican ancestry." He also said Obama owes immigrants, especially Mexicans, an apology.

    "Obama owes the 1.7 million immigrants in the state of Illinois ... and the 1.3 million Mexicans in Illinois in particular an explanation for his vote," Andrade said during a news conference.

    "I have supported and will continue to support comprehensive immigration reform that will provide a path to citizenship for the millions of undocumented immigrants in this country," Obama replied in a statement Thursday. "But I disagree with those who think that we can do this without measures that allow us to control our borders."

    Andrade added that investing money in Mexico's infrastructure and economy instead of erecting a wall would reduce immigration by improving conditions in Mexico, thus eliminating the need for people to seek survival in the United States.

    "We would think the [senator's] leadership and vision ... would be better served if he sought to invest ... in Latin America to make immigration less necessary," Andrade said.

    He also cautioned Obama about the consequences his votes will have on his presidential aspirations. As Democrats attempt to win back the White House in 2008, Andrade said Obama will undoubtedly be at the forefront of that campaign and will have "a lot of explaining to do to the immigrant communities," especially those in California, Texas, Florida, New York and Illinois.

    According to Obama's spokesman Julian Green, the senator spoke with Andrade Wednesday about his concerns. Obama also is scheduled to meet with community leaders on Saturday, Green said.

    Saturday's meeting will include representatives from the Illinois Coalition for Immigrant and Refugee Rights. Juan Salgado, president of the coalition, acknowledged an urgency for comprehensive immigration reform that would include a path to legalization.

    "We can't afford to wait any longer," he said.


    https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/obama-takes-heat-over-border-wall-support/article_d7489473-692b-5b25-930d-2d0721153c0d.html
    Nice try "copy," well, actually it isn't, seen it all before, but your Obama's "whataboutism" did not include a "big, beautiful, tremendout, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall" that you lemmings bought


  19. #15 | Top
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18,870
    Thanks
    3,910
    Thanked 10,516 Times in 7,429 Posts
    Groans
    2
    Groaned 282 Times in 273 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by archives View Post
    No, no, no, Trump has told America it isn't just a barrier, concertina wire wire is a barrier, but that it was going to be a "big, beautiful, tremendous, thirty foot high, concrete reinforced Wall

    Archives, who suggested to the Democrats that building a wall on our southern border was a great idea? Obviously they were all for it.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-30-2018, 05:51 AM
  2. How will Trump "spin" his loss over border wall funding?
    By Tacomaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 12-29-2018, 10:49 AM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-03-2018, 07:40 AM
  4. When You See "Donald Trump" & "Fix" In The Same Sentence......
    By Mr. Shaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-03-2016, 04:32 AM
  5. "The Making of Donald Trump" ~ ~ (The Final "Nail" In Trumpy's "Box")
    By Mr. Shaman in forum General Politics Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 07:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Rules

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •