Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: An Idea for Immigration

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    Says the one that thought Obama being black meant he was qualified.
    I never once said Obama being black meant he was qualified.

But color me shocked...SHOCKED I SAY...that you'd make up more ignorant bullshit to cover your ass.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,667 Times in 7,364 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,968 Times in 1,784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    it was difficult to stomach, but thanks for illustrating just how low into the bowels of hell some 'Americans' have descended

stuck in the dark past, hating everyone unlike themselves, dinosaurs
    Posters like CFM are terrified of the day when their skin color will no longer afford them the advantages in life it has in the past.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reagansghost View Post
    you sure have a hang-up about skin color, eh?
    why do YOU think Hussein won the presidency? Because of his vast experience? lol
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,773 Times in 2,207 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 970 Times in 889 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oneuli View Post
    Assuming I've translated that correctly into English, this isn't simply about declaring all those who are here illegally or who may be here illegally in the future are now legal. It's about setting up a system by which who can give the nation the big boost in legal immigration it desperately needs, while providing ambitious would-be immigrants a reasonable path to earn their way in.
    Go fix your translator. Try the Liberalese to American English setting.

Now, given that you're a fucking leftist, there's a certain framework in which you operate, and in which I get to interpret. For all intents and purposes, my response to your mindless drivel summed up the op: You love illegal immigration, you hate that our nation has borders, and you think the Constitution is nothing more than a crusty old document that would be better used as toilet paper.

How in the hell can anyone take you, or any other leftist, seriously?

The answer is we can't. So please, go fuck yourself, comrade.
    Free speech is cool as long as it jibes with our program.

-- The Left

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Granule View Post
    Go fix your translator
    If I mistranslated the gibberish, feel free to explain what was meant.

You love illegal immigration
    Reread the top post. You misunderstood to a hilarious degree. The whole post was laying out a means for boosting legal immigration, which is obviously something I wouldn't be selling if I love illegal immigration, since higher legal immigration is likely to mean lower illegal immigration (by filling up some of the job niches that lure people here illegally).

you hate that our nation has borders
    What makes you imagine that? Be specific, please.

and you think the Constitution is nothing more than a crusty old document that would be better used as toilet paper.
    Quite the contrary. You should note that when Trump tries to wipe his ass with it, as with his threat to declare a state of emergency to circumvent the separations of powers, I speak out against that, even as you weak-willed conservatives fall to your knees.

6. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 24 Times in 23 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mott the Hoople View Post
    Why not? We let Appalachian Americans fuck up vast swaths of the industrial belt.

The fact is we need immigration. We need it to bolster our aging population and we need the influence of new thoughts and ideas. We need the people who are willing to do labor no one else will. We need people with exceptional talents and skills.

The nativist position that is echoed by Trump supporters has been around a long time. It goes way back to the mass migrations to the US in the early 19th century. It's another example of a culture war that's been lost before it has even started. The right wing nativist movement, which is based on the racial and social fears of the lower classes, is a failed one. It failed in the 1830's and 1850's and 1890's and it would fail now for the obvious reason that we need immigration to some extent.

The real question is how do we control immigration and make it a limited but legal and orderly process and that's not going to be addressed by nativist dumbassery.

This is why pretty much any thinking person who can rub two sticks together are laughing their ass off at Trump with his blatant Demagoguery and his appeal to the unwashed ignorant masses. It's a fight he's lost before he's even started and that's what makes it and his supporters so damned funny.
    no, we do not need illegals. you are wrong. Only globalists need illegals to justify their massive amounts of taxation and social welfare programs.

No one said we can't have immigration in some form. I am totally for bringing in smart qualified people from all over. We DON'T need mouthbreathers and 3rd world simpletons. If they were so valuable, their home country wouldn't suck so bad that they would have to leave it.
    NPC is a beloved internet personality. Their pronouns are he/him. NPC fully recognizes the inherent privilege of being able to post on a message board, and as such NPC makes sure to avoid all social media where the trust and safety council flags something as dangerous to think about. He avoids all tweets that are disputed, and only supports mainstream news sources where former CIA, NSA and FBI serve as talking heads.The future is female, orange man bad, black lives matter, and wear a damn mask!

7. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hello Cornelius,

Quote Originally Posted by Cornelius View Post
    ... If they were so valuable, their home country wouldn't suck so bad that they would have to leave it.
    That assumes every country has the same potential for success and opportunity, which is not true.
    Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

8. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hello Cornelius,

That assumes every country has the same potential for success and opportunity, which is not true.
    a country is composed of it's citizens and culture. it's not like some mysterious "country force of nature" magically makes some countries good and others bad. western countries with western values have all resulted in having been the greatest savior to mankind. we built up the world, and the takers want to do the only thing they can do - take. they are the natural born serfs.
    NPC is a beloved internet personality. Their pronouns are he/him. NPC fully recognizes the inherent privilege of being able to post on a message board, and as such NPC makes sure to avoid all social media where the trust and safety council flags something as dangerous to think about. He avoids all tweets that are disputed, and only supports mainstream news sources where former CIA, NSA and FBI serve as talking heads.The future is female, orange man bad, black lives matter, and wear a damn mask!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Niche Political Commentor For This Post:

USFREEDOM911 (01-09-2019)

10. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    I never once said Obama being black meant he was qualified.

But color me shocked...SHOCKED I SAY...that you'd make up more ignorant bullshit to cover your ass.
    You didn't have to. It's that obvious, BOY. There is no other reason for you to have voted for him.

Have the guts to admit you voted by color. We all know it. The only way you'll rid yourself of the guilt is to admit it.

11. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,001 Times in 13,040 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,147 Times in 1,092 Posts

no, we do not need illegals. you are wrong. Only globalists need illegals to justify their massive amounts of taxation and social welfare programs.

No one said we can't have immigration in some form. I am totally for bringing in smart qualified people from all over. We DON'T need mouthbreathers and 3rd world simpletons. If they were so valuable, their home country wouldn't suck so bad that they would have to leave it.
    Who said anything about illegals? I didn’t.
    You're Never Alone With A Schizophrenic!

12. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ZappasGuitar View Post
    Posters like CFM are terrified of the day when their skin color will no longer afford them the advantages in life it has in the past.
    It must hurt you inside to know that white people without anything but hard work can succeed on a higher level than blacks who have the advantages of affirmative action or special treatment.

13. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

your side has synonymized the two

14. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Mott, you need to wake up!! Within 15 years many of the jobs done by Hispanics will have gone, surely you must know that?

China's leading AI expert warns the technology will take over HALF of jobs within 15 years (and reveals the most at risk careers)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-15-years.html

15. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 19,108 Times in 13,083 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,908 Times in 5,169 Posts
    Blog Entries

Hi Cornelius,

a country is composed of it's citizens and culture. it's not like some mysterious "country force of nature" magically makes some countries good and others bad. western countries with western values have all resulted in having been the greatest savior to mankind. we built up the world, and the takers want to do the only thing they can do - take. they are the natural born serfs.
    How does it hurt you personally if we let more legal immigrants in and grant more asylum cases? How does that take YOUR money or reduce YOUR lifestyle? Does that take food off YOUR plate?

The countries these immigrants come from ARE western countries with western values. The migrants are leaving because they don't have the same opportunities for success and they fear for their lives because of gang violence. The reason those countries 'suck so bad' is partly due to demand for drugs in the USA, something the USA has control over. We could legalize all drugs, end the imports, and remove the illegal drug profits. This removes the profits of the gangs, and stops their power from growing. Without the gangs, most of these migrants would not risk their lives trying to get to the USA. We should treat drug abuse as a disease, not a crime. The war on drugs has been a giant failure. These gangs, these immigrants are all a RESULT of Reagan's failed policy.

I don't get the difference between when we welcomed European immigrants, put a plaque on the Statue of Liberty proclaiming our welcome, and now. How does having more working citizens in the USA hurt us? This is an opportunity to grow our country, make it bigger and more powerful. More workers would make Social Security solvent, make the USA stronger and greater. The USA is great, partly because we are so diverse. The people arguing against expanding our diversity are a very non-diverse group. It's really silly, because they are going to lose the argument over time anyway. Fighting such a demographic shift is like trying to hold back the tide. So what is this? The last hurrah?

Spanish is actually a beautiful language, you know. And there are some really breathtakingly beautiful Latina women. I kinda like tacos, too. Let 'em in. Let's all be one big happy and productive family.

Personal Ignore Policy PIP: I like civil discourse. I will give you all the respect in the world if you respect me. Mouth off to me, or express overt racism, you will be PERMANENTLY Ignore Listed. Zero tolerance. No exceptions. I'll never read a word you write, even if quoted by another, nor respond to you, nor participate in your threads. ... Ignore the shallow. Cherish the thoughtful. Long Live Civil Discourse, Mutual Respect, and Good Debate! ps: Feel free to adopt my PIP. It works well.

16. The Following User Groans At PoliTalker For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-10-2019)

17. #135 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by PoliTalker View Post
    Hi Cornelius,

How does it hurt you personally if we let more legal immigrants in and grant more asylum cases? How does that take YOUR money or reduce YOUR lifestyle? Does that take food off YOUR plate?
    illegals can qualify for some welfare benefits, including childcare. They also clog emergency rooms and increase healthcare costs. They also increase costs of education. Overall they cost the united states around 50 billion dollars a year https://www.heritage.org/immigration...he-us-taxpayer

Bringing dumber, poorer people into this country and allowing them to use our services, any services... puts a further burden on our systems. They are not our problem.

"Asylum" is a bullshit excuse because they cross through half a dozen countries they could have received asylum in. If you want to pick and choose, you are just moving to America, not persecuted to such an extent you'd take anywhere else. Hondurans aren't being persecuted, they aren't jews in nazi germany. Give me a break.

You are just trying to move the goal posts. It used to be illegal immigrants, then "undocumented immigrants" and now it's "Asylum seekers" because you refuse to tell the truth that really this is just the worlds useless dirty poor. If they had anything of value to offer, their own countries would be greater.

IN spite of all that, you don't seem to disagree with my premise, that I am ok with full amnesty as long as they are NEVER ALLOWED to become citizens and vote themselves free shit, or be able to use welfare. As long as you aren't just trying to be a camel poking it's head into a tent, then I think I have offered a fair compromise. Would you accept my plan? Or are you really going to insist to me that illegals are no big deal because they totes don't take welfare but by the way in the future once we get them allowed to stay we are definitely going to get them welfare" and think I wont notice the more insidious nature of your argument?