Thread: The Emasculated American II

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Default The Emasculated American II

Because I called out a poster for his racism and racist thought, I was banned from APP. As Donnie Trump would say, Sad.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...lated-American

So as a continuation of the idea that Americans have grown weaker and more dependent on an oligarch, see this OP.

'Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?' Simple answer?

As a white male who lives in a city of great diversity, this stuff boggles my mind. Why are white men not the John Wayne image they once were? Change frightens the insecure, but why are they insecure? What changed? Trump plays on that fear and insecurity, it is his only tool.

'Research suggests it's largely because they're anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market and beset by racial fears'

"These are men who are anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market, and beset by racial fears. They tend to be less educated. For the most part, they don’t appear to be religious—and, suggests one study, faith seems to reduce their attachment to guns. In fact, stockpiling guns seems to be a symptom of a much deeper crisis in meaning and purpose in their lives. Taken together, these studies describe a population that is struggling to find a new story—one in which they are once again the heroes."

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ckpiling-guns/
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

2. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

So you are still fretting about a thread that hasn't seen a post in a year and a half? The problem isn't emasculation. It is obsession.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

anonymoose (01-05-2019), cancel2 2022 (01-04-2019), TOP (01-05-2019)

4. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,229 Times in 809 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 176 Times in 163 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    So you are still fretting about a thread that hasn't seen a post in a year and a half? The problem isn't emasculation. It is obsession.
    Not at all, my point was I would have liked to add to my original thread. APP has been ruined and is now a place for right wing nonsense and other BS. Several posters have been banned because they exercised their first amendment right to call a spade a spade. Most threads die as the next whine is posted by some Trump snowflake crying over some imaginary affront. But thanks for replying.

"As the president’s lies and bullying get bolder and bolder, we can finally see him for what he is: boring."

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...stigation.html

Trump is a reflection of the dumbing down of America caused by dark money politics and (add your reason). Mine: Amoral people like Brad Parscale
    Wanna make America great, buy American owned, made in the USA, we do. AF Veteran, INFJ-A, I am not PC.

"I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it." Voltaire

5. The Following User Groans At midcan5 For This Awful Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-04-2019)

6. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 18,676 Times in 14,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,136 Times in 1,080 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by midcan5 View Post
    Not at all, my point was I would have liked to add to my original thread. APP has been ruined and is now a place for right wing nonsense and other BS. Several posters have been banned because they exercised their first amendment right to call a spade a spade. Most threads die as the next whine is posted by some Trump snowflake crying over some imaginary affront. But thanks for replying.

"As the president’s lies and bullying get bolder and bolder, we can finally see him for what he is: boring."

Trump is a reflection of the dumbing down of America caused by dark money politics and (add your reason). Mine: Amoral people like Brad Parscale
    Funny, I had gotten banned from APP for calling a retard a retard. Anyway, I decided to maintain my ban for over a year, and finally got it lifted for New Year's. What do you think is particularly difficult about not being allowed to insult, flame, troll, or derail?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

anonymoose (01-05-2019), cancel2 2022 (01-04-2019)

8. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

I have never bothered with APP. To quote Admiral Ackbar, "It's a trap"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Irish Exit For This Post:

Minister of Truth (01-04-2019)

10. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Threedee View Post
    Funny, I had gotten banned from APP for calling a retard a retard. Anyway, I decided to maintain my ban for over a year, and finally got it lifted for New Year's. What do you think is particularly difficult about not being allowed to insult, flame, troll, or derail?
    3d: "What do you think is particularly difficult about not being allowed to insult, flame, troll, or derail?"
    Jack: Uninteresting, boring, dull, straight-laced, academic, and just NOT amusing ... other than that, I guess it's OK.

11. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,812 Times in 6,202 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 493 Times in 469 Posts
    Blog Entries

Because I called out a poster for his racism and racist thought, I was banned from APP. As Donnie Trump would say, Sad.

http://www.justplainpolitics.com/sho...lated-American

So as a continuation of the idea that Americans have grown weaker and more dependent on an oligarch, see this OP.

'Why Are White Men Stockpiling Guns?' Simple answer?

As a white male who lives in a city of great diversity, this stuff boggles my mind. Why are white men not the John Wayne image they once were? Change frightens the insecure, but why are they insecure? What changed? Trump plays on that fear and insecurity, it is his only tool.

'Research suggests it's largely because they're anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market and beset by racial fears'

"These are men who are anxious about their ability to protect their families, insecure about their place in the job market, and beset by racial fears. They tend to be less educated. For the most part, they don’t appear to be religious—and, suggests one study, faith seems to reduce their attachment to guns. In fact, stockpiling guns seems to be a symptom of a much deeper crisis in meaning and purpose in their lives. Taken together, these studies describe a population that is struggling to find a new story—one in which they are once again the heroes."

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ckpiling-guns/
    Well, at least that's a start. Now if we could just get you banned from the main forum this place would be looking a whole lot better.
    Every life matters

12. The Following User Says Thank You to countryboy For This Post:

cancel2 2022 (01-04-2019)

13. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    3d: "What do you think is particularly difficult about not being allowed to insult, flame, troll, or derail?"
    Jack: Uninteresting, boring, dull, straight-laced, academic, and just NOT amusing ... other than that, I guess it's OK.
    Well, sure, and that's what immediately fascinated me when I first navigated to Politics.Com over 16 years ago. However, people have long asked for a forum under which they can participate in academic debates or simply avoid their stalkers. It turns out that all of those pleas were half-hearted at best.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jack (01-04-2019)

15. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Well, sure, and that's what immediately fascinated me when I first navigated to Politics.Com over 16 years ago. However, people have long asked for a forum under which they can participate in academic debates or simply avoid their stalkers. It turns out that all of those pleas were half-hearted at best.
    In your 16 years of 'academic debates' how often has one side changed their minds?

16. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

He/she/it is a pompous arse, nuff' said.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to cancel2 2022 For This Post:

Minister of Truth (01-05-2019)

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 11,490 Times in 7,581 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 274 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    He/she/it is a pompous arse, nuff' said.
    She, although possibly a transgender she.
    I take great satisfaction in knowing trashcan5 is still obsessing over me a yr and a half later reporting her breaking several rules in APP .
    Last edited by anonymoose; 01-05-2019 at 12:51 AM.

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    In your 16 years of 'academic debates' how often has one side changed their minds?
    If you ever had the opportunity to stage Lincoln-Douglas debates (like in HS debate class), you would understand that it's not about hearts and minds, but the show itself. Obviously, getting into a flame war is fun, as well. We conducted two debate tournaments on JPP, and I won the first. I believe Darla won the second.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Minister of Truth For This Post:

Jack (01-05-2019)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by anonymoose View Post
    She, although possibly a transgender she.
    I take great satisfaction in knowing trashcan5 is still obsessing over me reporting her breaking several rules in APP a yr and a half later.
    Midcan has a long history of ambiguity about his gender. He once corrected me, when I addressed him as a guy, and had me thinking he was a woman. Then, sometime later, he pretended not to understand how I got the impression he was female. And he's still confusing people to this day.

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

If you ever had the opportunity to stage Lincoln-Douglas debates (like in HS debate class), you would understand that it's not about hearts and minds, but the show itself. Obviously, getting into a flame war is fun, as well. We conducted two debate tournaments on JPP, and I won the first. I believe Darla won the second.
    Wow. That actually sounds interesting. (and a belated 'Congrats')

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jack For This Post:

Minister of Truth (01-05-2019)