Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: America should be extremely proud.

1. #181 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine View Post
    So you are cool with her not upholding the constitution, I will remember that.
    Prove she's not upholding the Constitution, bigot.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

2. #182 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 83,429 Times in 53,293 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,661 Times in 4,380 Posts
    Blog Entries

Went on a mission trip there two years ago! Don't care if you believe me! explain fly over country oh tolerant one!
    Mission trip? As in Christian missionary? To Canada?? Seriously? Somehow it's hard to believe that you are a Christian missionary, what with your attitude towards ppl not like you.

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThatOwlWoman For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-04-2019), Frank Apisa (01-04-2019), Gotcha68 (01-04-2019), LV426 (01-04-2019)

4. #183 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 38,188 Times in 25,723 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,614 Times in 2,498 Posts

Pretty much self absorbed! Not friendly, looked like zombies.
    Must have been a reflection of how you treated them. It's not what I experienced.

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
    ― Charles Dickens

5. The Following User Says Thank You to christiefan915 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-04-2019)

6. #184 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,424 Times in 10,050 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOwlWoman View Post
    Mission trip? As in Christian missionary? To Canada?? Seriously? Somehow it's hard to believe that you are a Christian missionary, what with your attitude towards ppl not like you.
    Like everything they say about themselves, it's an obvious lie.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

7. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

ThatOwlWoman (01-04-2019)

8. #185 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    We hire based on merit, skill, and ability. Just think if we based our votes on the same instead of "diversity" for "diversity's" sake.
    Great, you have more diversity, but how is that relevant to governance.
    Just think if we based our votes on who yells lies the loudest, has the best bullying act, brags the most? Oh wait.

9. #186 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Just think if we based our votes on who yells lies the loudest, has the best bullying act, brags the most? Oh wait.
    Yes, you folks did manage to re-elect Pelosi.

10. #187 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Yes, you folks did manage to re-elect Pelosi.
    Your (group you) fear is delicious.

11. #188 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Your (group you) fear is delicious.
    Fear? My dear. You are a bit gone in the top hamper.

12. #189 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE]
    Nope. Never happened. I am pagan; that is not the same as Wiccan. But given your age and memory problems, it's understandable that you would make up shit to fit your narrative.
    Excuse me for getting confused as the two religions are so diametrically different "There are different kinds of Pagans, and this is where the major difference lies between Wicca and Paganism. Wicca is a type of Paganism, so if someone says they are Wiccan they are also Pagan. Conversely, if someone says they are pagan doesn't mean they are Wiccan too". It's understandable after many years of your "that happened to me also stories about everything including religion one can get confused. As to age and memory problems you really shouldn't be throwing rocks as you are no spring chicken yourself and you often confuse outright falsehoods with reality.

So you are agreeing with me. She should be proud. BTW, the media -- including Wikipedia -- are the ones referring to her that way. Maybe you should go beeve with them?

Oh I agree that she should be proud being the first American from Somalia to be elected to congress.
    Which brings us to the fact that to the best of my knowledge all other countries refer to their citizens mixed ancestry as British of African decent or Australian of Asian decent so just because our liberal media refers to her like that doesn't make it correct!

My, how we extrapolate when we're angry.
    I find it laughable that to a liberal such as yourself anyone who dares challenge or question you is an ignorant, bible touting angry red neck.

What this boils down to is her hijab and her heritage piss you old white guys off because you see the writing on the wall.

Now where did that come from? On the booze again? Why should anyone including myself get angry because someone dresses as their religion dictates. I suppose you think I hate Jewish men and women for wearing head coverings.

As a parting note your constant referring to angry old men makes you sound like an old crone trying to feel young again.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eagle_Eye For This Post:

TOP (01-05-2019)

14. #190 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,626 Times in 7,127 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,985 Times in 2,707 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    I now you love Warren's cookie jar, don't you? What a great moment....

you are embarrassing yourself

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katzgar For This Post:

spoon (01-05-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-05-2019)

16. #191 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,670 Times in 16,595 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by katzgar View Post
    you are embarrassing yourself
    *‘almost better than the Hillary bad accent moment...or her hot sauce in the purse...
    'but she kind of ruined it going live with the Michelob....

17. #192 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
    Excuse me for getting confused as the two religions are so diametrically different "There are different kinds of Pagans, and this is where the major difference lies between Wicca and Paganism. Wicca is a type of Paganism, so if someone says they are Wiccan they are also Pagan. Conversely, if someone says they are pagan doesn't mean they are Wiccan too".
    Excellent. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and that he lied when he claimed that someone said something that they didn't. Very good! Apology accepted.

Here's another way to see it: Catholics, Baptists, Mormons, Lutherans are all forms of Christianity. However, you will find resistance if you insist on calling a Mormon a Baptist, and especially if you call a Baptist a Catholic. Hardly anyone though calls himself a "Catholic-American" or a "Mormon-American."

18. #193 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TOP View Post
    *‘almost better than the Hillary bad accent moment...or her hot sauce in the purse...
    'but she kind of ruined it going live with the Michelob....
    Your desperation is showing again. Here! Ran across something this morning that reminded me so much of you, that I saved it to share. You're welcome!

19. #194 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,334 Times in 9,321 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,825 Times in 2,563 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default America should be extremely proud......of Al Franken

Another woman has come forward about Al Franken and this is a story you must read.

From Sandra Levinson:

When my niece Francie was dying of colon cancer and about to celebrate her last birthday, I couldn't imagine what gift to send her. But I knew she adored Al Franken so I wrote to Al, whom I had never met, asking him if he would send her a flower, a card, anything because he was her hero and her greatest hope was that she'd live long enough to see him elected.

Within the hour of receiving my note, he answered saying he would be in Minneapolis that weekend and could visit her in the hospital Saturday or Sunday, which would be better? I told him that Saturday was her birthday and he said he'd be there about 4. I called my sister to tell her but, of course, warned her not to tell Francie. How could we be sure that a well known comic running to be senator would show up?

That Saturday In June I sat in my office in New York waiting, 4, 5, 6, almost 7 my sister called to say that Al had just left after nearly two hours w Francie. He'd brought all of his books (which she already owned), signed them with her (she insisted he sign one "to my greatest fan," ), schmoozed w her and when he left she announced to her mom that it was the best birthday she'd ever had.

But that was not all. He called her every week after that to see how she was doing. She was home then. One night In September I came home to a phone message from a very excited Francie, "Tía! I went to a fundraiser for Al, it was a garden party and when he came in he walked all across the garden to ME, to hug me and ask me how I was doing!"

The next night Francie collapsed and was taken to hospice in a Minneapolis hospital, in a coma. I flew there to spend nights with my sister in Francie's room. Al and Franni Franken came to visit Francie, stood at the foot of her bed and wept. When she died later that month Al came to sit shiva with the family.

These are kindnesses one never forgets.

This is Al Franken.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to reagansghost For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-06-2019)

21. #195 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 16,632 Times in 11,620 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 513 Times in 483 Posts
    Blog Entries

Excellent. It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, and that he lied when he claimed that someone said something that they didn't. Very good! Apology accepted.

Here's another way to see it: Catholics, Baptists, Mormons, Lutherans are all forms of Christianity. However, you will find resistance if you insist on calling a Mormon a Baptist, and especially if you call a Baptist a Catholic. Hardly anyone though calls himself a "Catholic-American" or a "Mormon-American."
    I need to correct you on one very important fact. Stating an incorrect memory of what someone said in the past is not and has never been a lie. Being the college girl you say you are I would have expected you to know that. "to make an untrue statement with intent to deceive." As that was never my intent you can apologize for calling me a liar.