Members banned from this thread: evince, CFM and reagansghost

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Women's March in California canceled over concerns it would be 'overwhelmingly white'

1. #76 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,011 Times in 3,467 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 494 Times in 452 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    Ohhh, you are mad bro, sorry, don’t let this ruin your day. Peanut butter
    What is it with you guys and your assuming anger? It's hilarious that a women's organization would tell the majority race that there were too many of their race so take their support and go somewhere else. Nothing inspires people to give like an ungrateful response to the support they've given.

2. #77 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,191 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tinfoil View Post
    What is it with you guys and your assuming anger? It's hilarious that a women's organization would tell the majority race that there were too many of their race so take their support and go somewhere else. Nothing inspires people to give like an ungrateful response to the support they've given.
    No, it’s not hilarious, it’s prudent and when funds are limited, it’s better to regroup and do outreach to all in the community so your community is better represented.

3. #78 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasmal View Post
    No, it’s not hilarious, it’s prudent and when funds are limited, it’s better to regroup and do outreach to all in the community so your community is better represented.
    Explain what this means. Why do you assume everyone supports causes? Perhaps minorities don't find the cause compelling enough to devote their time? What then? It's a bit strange to me to promote a cause and then tell the people who responded that their skin color isn't what was hoped for so kindly fuck off this time around but we'll let you know if we need you next time.

LOL

4. #79 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,386 Times in 14,102 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 649 Times in 616 Posts

Explain what this means. Why do you assume everyone supports causes? Perhaps minorities don't find the cause compelling enough to devote their time? What then? It's a bit strange to me to promote a cause and then tell the people who responded that their skin color isn't what was hoped for so kindly fuck off this time around but we'll let you know if we need you next time.

LOL
    At the end of the day I don’t care what these groups do. They can march all they want, it’s their right. But it doesn’t make sense to me either to shut down potential allies because of their race. Seems to me if you really want change the more people willing to support you the better. But I don’t know the inner workings of this group other than the leaders being Farakhan supporters which is rather ironic

5. The Following User Says Thank You to cawacko For This Post:

TOP (01-03-2019)

6. #80 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    At the end of the day I don’t care what these groups do. They can march all they want, it’s their right. But it doesn’t make sense to me either to shut down potential allies because of their race. Seems to me if you really want change the more people willing to support you the better. But I don’t know the inner workings of this group other than the leaders being Farakhan supporters which is rather ironic
    LOL

I really liked the libtard response that they'll just go somewhere else and give their support there. How does one become such a tool?

I'm trying to understand the logic. The closest I can come is that they didn't want to see press coverage that was all white people marching. Now the only people who would criticize that would be asshole conservatives trying to knock the movement. It's not a concern an inclusiveness-minded person would have. So the leaders of this movement are seeking to diffuse conservative mocking by ensuring there will be no fodder. Is it worth it? Maybe. Seems like liberals on this board don't give a shit.

So my theory is they are doing this just so conservatives can't mock them.

Or maybe they just hate white women.

7. #81 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 55,191 Times in 33,874 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 5,086 Times in 4,702 Posts
    Blog Entries

LOL
    I don’t see it from this perspective, sorry, the leaders have stated why they did it, I understand their position, I’m sorry you don’t and find it racists or whatever your feels are at this moment.

Why don’t you go protest it.

8. #82 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 40,977 Times in 32,292 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,869 Times in 2,756 Posts
    Blog Entries

You're so fucked in the head you don't even know who was upset? Hint: it was stupid liberals
    the minority women are all working.....