Page 54 of 56 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556 LastLast

Thread: It Begins: Journalists start admitting Trump-Russia conspiracy was a fabricated lie

1. #796 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,874 Times in 1,170 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 202 Times in 195 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Beto Omar View Post
    You’re splitting some fine hairs just to nail Junior for a civil offense [without *knowingly* breaking campaign law you pay a fine and go on your way].
    Establishing whether he knew it was breaking campaign law would be difficult, unless he was dumb enough to leave a smoking gun in his communications. But given how dumb he was, that's entirely possible. Communications concerning such meetings should be subpoenaed, if they haven't already been.

the Russian lawyer made the offer—that’s the solicitation. Both parties can’t solicit.
    They can.

It's similar to prostitution. If a hooker offers to have sex for money, and you tell her yes, pick her up, and bring her back to your hotel room, you're both going to be guilty of solicitation:

https://www.losangelessexcrimeattorn.../solicitation/

There just isn’t anything there. I’ll be very surprised if Mullet has anything on it.
    Who is Mullet?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oneuli For This Post:

CharacterAssassin (01-19-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-19-2019)

3. #797 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,668 Times in 17,927 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 3,248 Times in 3,052 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Earl View Post
    Well, old timer, I did specify the left wing media (most of the media is left wing) and that the attacks were unprecedented. No president has been attacked like this in my memory.

What is said in the primaries is, for the most part, hyperbole in order to win the nomination.

As to being ignorant, he defeated the smartest woman on the planet.

I won't call your post horse mierda, I could but I won't, old timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    No American president has been more worthy of it than that jerk-off now in the Oval Office...in MY memory. In fact, in the memory of anyone with a functioning brain.

I have no idea of what you are trying to say here, Earl, or how it connects with anything I said.

He is more than ignorant no matter who he defeated. He is a Republican president who apparently just discovered that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican...and tried to present it as "a lot of people don't realize Lincoln was a Republican."

He is stupid beyond imagination.

Whatever. People have called some of my posts a lot worse. It goes with the territory. No offense will be taken if you change your mind and do it.
    "... most of the Republican establishment "attacked" him before he was elected. He was called inappropriate for the job...lacking the political, personal, mental and ethical qualities for the job."

Before he was elected would be in the Primary, old timer.

4. #798 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,242 Times in 7,657 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

"... most of the Republican establishment "attacked" him before he was elected. He was called inappropriate for the job...lacking the political, personal, mental and ethical qualities for the job."

Okay. It would be. But the Republican establishment was attacking him for being unsuited for the job...lacking the political, personal, mental and ethical qualities and skills necessary for the presidency.

Boy...were they ever right back then.

Now they are reduced to kissing his ass, because NOT kissing his ass means big trouble for a Republican.

Sorry you have to do it, Earl. You seem like a decent guy. Doing a Kim Jung Un or a Saddam Hussein for Donald Trump must be excruciating.

5. #799 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

So you're claiming that before the election "most of the Republican establishment" had some claim to sanity and morals, both of which they've totally abandoned since. He keeps demonstrating how accurate that evaluation was.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

6. The Following User Says Thank You to rjhenn For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-18-2019)

7. #800 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rjhenn View Post
    So you're claiming that before the election "most of the Republican establishment" had some claim to sanity and morals, both of which they've totally abandoned since. He keeps demonstrating how accurate that evaluation was.

The quote was Frank's. I claimed no such thing. Straw-men don't work on these forums.

8. #801 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Okay. It would be. But the Republican establishment was attacking him for being unsuited for the job...lacking the political, personal, mental and ethical qualities and skills necessary for the presidency.

Boy...were they ever right back then.

Now they are reduced to kissing his ass, because NOT kissing his ass means big trouble for a Republican.

Sorry you have to do it, Earl. You seem like a decent guy. Doing a Kim Jung Un or a Saddam Hussein for Donald Trump must be excruciating.
    The Primaries involve a lot of hyperbole. The Republicans were saying that Hillary wasn't suited for the presidency, a bit too cavalier with State Secrets.

There's a lot that I don't like about President Trump but he won and I believe that he is a better choice than Hillary. I don't see anyone in either party that measures up to that job. There is no one like John Kennedy (even with his philandering while in office) or Ronald Reagan (with his flaws). We have to accept what we have and hope that someone will run who can bring the country together. The far left and the far right are destroying our country.

Near 60 degrees here today. Why do you live up in the Arctic, Frank?

9. #802 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

The Primaries involve a lot of hyperbole. The Republicans were saying that Hillary wasn't suited for the presidency, a bit too cavalier with State Secrets.

There's a lot that I don't like about President Trump but he won and I believe that he is a better choice than Hillary. I don't see anyone in either party that measures up to that job. There is no one like John Kennedy (even with his philandering while in office) or Ronald Reagan (with his flaws). We have to accept what we have and hope that someone will run who can bring the country together. The far left and the far right are destroying our country.
    I agree with most of what you said here...except for the part that Donald Trump was a better choice than Hillary Clinton. In my opinion, she was by far the better choice...and still is.

Near 60 degrees here today. Why do you live up in the Arctic, Frank?
    Ahhh...just used to New Jersey. At 82, to move now would be to commit suicide by change. And I would miss the tomatoes and corn starting in late July...through September.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frank Apisa For This Post:

Earl (01-18-2019), ThatOwlWoman (01-19-2019)

11. #803 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

I agree with most of what you said here...except for the part that Donald Trump was a better choice than Hillary Clinton. In my opinion, she was by far the better choice...and still is.

Ahhh...just used to New Jersey. At 82, to move now would be to commit suicide by change. And I would miss the tomatoes and corn starting in late July...through September.
    We can agree to disagree about Hillary and President Trump.

I understand about moving at age 82. We had a home in Costa Rica until last year. Sold it and our home here and built a new home on a golf course close to our daughter and grandson.

Tomatoes and corn here from June to October. Peaches and pecans are plentiful. Life is good.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

Frank Apisa (01-18-2019)

13. #804 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

The quote was Frank's. I claimed no such thing. Straw-men don't work on these forums.
    Actually, the quote was yours. But I understand that you can't deal with reality. That's a constant of the righties on these forums.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

14. #805 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually, the quote was yours. But I understand that you can't deal with reality. That's a constant of the righties on these forums.

Actually, the quote was Frank Apisa's in Post No. 781:

"Trump, and his moronic supporters simply cannot accept that much of the media "attacks" Trump the way most of the Republican establishment "attacked" him before he was elected. He was called inappropriate for the job...lacking the political, personal, mental and ethical qualities for the job."

But I understand that you can't deal with reality. That's a constant of the lefties on these forums.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

TOP (01-19-2019)

16. #806 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 2 Times in 2 Posts

17. #807 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Actually, the quote was Frank Apisa's in Post No. 781:

"Trump, and his moronic supporters simply cannot accept that much of the media "attacks" Trump the way most of the Republican establishment "attacked" him before he was elected. He was called inappropriate for the job...lacking the political, personal, mental and ethical qualities for the job."

But I understand that you can't deal with reality. That's a constant of the lefties on these forums.
    You really need to learn how to use the quote facility.

18. #808 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

You really need to learn how to use the quote facility.

Well, no, quotation marks suffice for most educated posters.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Earl For This Post:

TOP (01-19-2019)

20. #809 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, no, quotation marks suffice for most educated posters.
    Actually, using quotes as you did in your #797...can lead to confusion, Earl.

Especially if you combing use of the quote function in some areas (as you did) and then switch to "quotation marks."

There are Internet forum protocols for quoting (using the quote function correctly)...it makes sense to use them.

21. #810 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 20,648 Times in 16,578 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,435 Times in 1,357 Posts
    Blog Entries

rjhenn was not accurate...

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TOP For This Post:

Earl (01-19-2019)