Members banned from this thread: cancel2 2022, Callinectes, PostmodernProphet, Truth Detector, Granule, MAGA MAN, Darth Omar, Irish, Text Drivers are Killers, CFM, Ralph, Sailor, Controlled Opposition, countryboy, hvilleherb, Sirthinksalot, volsrock, Grugore, Loving91390, Heff and artichoke

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: One less right-wing propaganda pusher spreading lies

1. #121 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Well we all know that's complete and utter bullshit because Trump hit the ground running with the obnoxious insult machine stuck in high gear when he first entered the Republican primary.

It's his brand.

His trademark.

He adopted it because he knows that insults are exactly what the hard core right wants to hear.

But it has nothing to do with the way anyone else treats him.
    You missed the entire point. Each side justifies their trash talk because they said the other side did it first. It doesn't matter who really started it (it was long before Trump), it is that each side continues the juvenile feud.

2. #122 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Yea...but they're wrong. He brought everything upon himself in the primaries.
    That is exactly what Trump and his supporters claim. The problem is that it helps nothing for the other side to behave like him. They complain about his behavior and then act just like he does and justify their actions because he started it.

How does it help to lower themselves to his level? It hasn't changed his behavior, only doubled the hatred and intolerance.

3. #123 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    You missed the entire point. Each side justifies their trash talk because they said the other side did it first. It doesn't matter who really started it (it was long before Trump), it is that each side continues the juvenile feud.
    It really started in the late 80's and early 90's with Rush Limbaugh but can really be traced back to the 60's with two other conservative TV/radio show hosts who also engaged in a lot of invective.

I understand that right-wingers and their sympathizers like yourself would love it if you could bullshit the left into sitting politely and paying attention to manners and decorum while the right-wing neanderthals walk all over us, but that's just not going to happen.

Besides, even if our side did attempt to tone down the level of negative discourse, the right would just continue on as before.

Understand.... it's the right who are the angry malcontents who hate everybody and everything that doesn't pass muster in terms of their hard right ideology. We just hate them for hating us.

Very simple.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

4. #124 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,005 Times in 8,032 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,672 Times in 1,550 Posts

That is exactly what Trump and his supporters claim. The problem is that it helps nothing for the other side to behave like him. They complain about his behavior and then act just like he does and justify their actions because he started it.

How does it help to lower themselves to his level? It hasn't changed his behavior, only doubled the hatred and intolerance.
    Again:

I understand that right-wingers and their sympathizers like yourself would love it if you could bullshit the left into sitting politely and paying attention to manners and decorum while the right-wing neanderthals walk all over us, but that's just not going to happen.

Besides, even if our side did attempt to tone down the level of negative discourse, the right would just continue on as before.
    https://i.postimg.cc/PqVCnGks/gojoe1.jpg
    C'MON MAN!!!!

5. #125 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 21,034 Times in 14,529 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,387 Times in 1,305 Posts

Truth be told, nobody stoops to his level. They just call him on his lies, and he fabricates stories of victimhood. The Left doesn't say he's unfit for office because he's German...as he claimed about the 'Mexican' judge. The Left doesn't fabricate obvious lies about him, when the fact is the truth is his worst enemy.

I understand the concept of what you're driving for, but trump is the worst example of an actual victim.

If we're speaking generally, the animosity was increased tenfold by those who couldn't accept that a black man was inhabiting the White House. Sure...Bush got his share of abuse, but he earned that in spades after he invaded Iraq.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Althea For This Post:

H B Lowrie (12-29-2018), Nomad (12-29-2018)

7. #126 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    It really started in the late 80's and early 90's with Rush Limbaugh but can really be traced back to the 60's with two other conservative TV/radio show hosts who also engaged in a lot of invective.

Understand.... it's the right who are the angry malcontents who hate everybody and everything that doesn't pass muster in terms of their hard right ideology. We just hate them for hating us.

Very simple.
    Discussion between rival factions is one thing. The abuse exists for a long time, as you suggest. BUT...our legislators used to be able to work together anyway. Now, the Teabag wave brought in Right Wing loons to Congress that are no better than the street level morons.

The petty fighting now exists in the halls of Congress.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Althea For This Post:

Nomad (12-29-2018)

9. #127 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Lung cancer is already going after the libs. Soon we may be rid of the left and right propaganda pushers.
    Take two opiates and call your doctor in the 3 morning.

10. #128 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 1 Time in 1 Post

Truth be told, nobody stoops to his level. They just call him on his lies, and he fabricates stories of victimhood. The Left doesn't say he's unfit for office because he's German...as he claimed about the 'Mexican' judge. The Left doesn't fabricate obvious lies about him, when the fact is the truth is his worst enemy.

I understand the concept of what you're driving for, but trump is the worst example of an actual victim.

If we're speaking generally, the animosity was increased tenfold by those who couldn't accept that a black man was inhabiting the White House. Sure...Bush got his share of abuse, but he earned that in spades after he invaded Iraq.
    There it is right there, and a half black man at that.

11. #129 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was not referring specifically to comments about Trump (although charges about being a Nazi or fascist are crazy) and calling him on his lies is appropriate. I was referring more to how liberals and conservatives (like on this forum) talk to each other and seem to detest one another and denigrate the other with foul language, wild charges, and bigoted generalizations. I am not offended by foul language, but when it is constant and every other word it gets old is just wasted time.

Many of the posters on this thread justified their attacks on the other side because they "started it" or are "worse." It refutes those who claim they care about their fellow man--the people they care about must fit into a specific category.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash For This Post:

Althea (12-31-2018), mak2 (12-30-2018)

13. #130 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by H B Lowrie View Post
    Take two opiates and call your doctor in the 3 morning.
    Not clear on those instructions--when do I call my doctor? Sounds like you beat me to those opiates.

14. #131 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I was not referring specifically to comments about Trump (although charges about being a Nazi or fascist are crazy) and calling him on his lies is appropriate. I was referring more to how liberals and conservatives (like on this forum) talk to each other and seem to detest one another and denigrate the other with foul language, wild charges, and bigoted generalizations. I am not offended by foul language, but when it is constant and every other word it gets old is just wasted time.

Many of the posters on this thread justified their attacks on the other side because they "started it" or are "worse." It refutes those who claim they care about their fellow man--the people they care about must fit into a specific category.
    I see. If we're simply discussing message boards, then sure.

I don't ever consider message boards to be a true representative sample of the real world, though. No matter how many intelligent individuals you have, there will always be the idiots who have no ability, nor desire to have intelligent discussion.

I just put them on ignore, and move on. Then you have the next level participants, who don't bother to do any research of their own, and simply rely on 'what they've heard', or 'what they saw on t.v.'.

Half of them are easily swayed with facts, which is all you can ask of anyone...keep your eyes open and educate yourself as if you are genuinely interested in the truth.

As the decades pass, it gets easier to separate the wheat from the chaff.

15. #132 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,824 Times in 8,868 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 896 Times in 801 Posts
    Blog Entries

ONE-N-DONE, YOU GOT PLAYED; Time To Play-On
    Remember ... ELECTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES ... So STFU Bitch

16. #133 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

I see. If we're simply discussing message boards, then sure.
    It is not just message boards. You hear the same hate on radio and television talk shows, news programs, confrontations between individuals in public and private discussions, and public officials.

17. #134 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Bourbon View Post
    Instant Karma, as it were.