Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What Taxing the Rich Could Yield

1. #16 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    It always makes sense to poor people like you who won’t have to pay it.
    It must be horrible to have to live your life, IHA. I truly pity you.

You are too close to dying to spend your final days being jealous of others success
    I am not jealous of other's successes. I am commenting on some ideas to ease the problems our nation is experiencing right now.

How is their wealth hurting you?
    If we could handle what has to be handled...do the jobs that must be done in this nation...

...I would not give a rat's ass if some people had a billion times as much as others...or a trillion times as much as I have. I am simply not a money motivated person. My daydreams never involve having lots of money and things.

In any case, that is not the problem being discussed here at the moment...although for a person with the lack of insight you have, most problems probably resolve themselves into the grammar school evaluations you come up with.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    In my opinion:

Taxing income at a much greater rate as the income goes up...MAKES SENSE. It should be done starting tomorrow.
    to who? so essentially penalizing someone for being successful? very American of you Frank

Taxing capital gains at the same rate as regular income...MAKES SENSE. It should be done starting tomorrow.
    to who, again if you want to live in a free society, where your success is only limited by your ambition, isn't that what America stands for Frank, I'm confused why you don't get that

Taxing inherited money at a MUCH HIGHER RATE as the amount of the inheritance goes up...MAKES SENSE. It should be done starting later today!
    so in your America we should tax someones money, especially someone who has enough to leave some to their children, at a "much higher rate", that's your words
    and then
    tax that money again after it is passed down, I assume at a "much larger rate" also?

why are you so bitter and confused frank, did a rich guy do something to you at some point, is this personal with you, Frank?

And another question about your "end game"
    this extra tax money that the government collects under your system, they are going to spend it wisely? maybe we can pass a law that says all of this additional tax money from rich people MUST BE USED WISELY!!!!
    really Frank?
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

3. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,408 Times in 10,038 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,947 Times in 2,728 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    Perhaps you can explain to me how the rich take "take" from the "mugs". What resource, specifically, is limiting such that the mugs go without?
    Wages.

That's what the rich take from everyone.

The rich take more of the wealth, leaving everyone else with less to spend.

If you cannot see where that inevitably leads, then it's an act of willful ignorance on your part. You're being deliberately obtuse because you don't want to admit your judgment sucks. That's bad faith.
    When I die, turn me into a brick and use me to cave in the skull of a fascist

4. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,581 Times in 9,703 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,312 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Wages.

The rich take the risk to build the company and have the talent to sustain it. The workers have to make not only their own worth but a profit back to the owner to justify employing him.

5. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    It must be horrible to have to live your life, IHA. I truly pity you.

I am not jealous of other's successes. I am commenting on some ideas to ease the problems our nation is experiencing right now.

If we could handle what has to be handled...do the jobs that must be done in this nation...

...I would not give a rat's ass if some people had a billion times as much as others...or a trillion times as much as I have. I am simply not a money motivated person. My daydreams never involve having lots of money and things.

In any case, that is not the problem being discussed here at the moment...although for a person with the lack of insight you have, most problems probably resolve themselves into the grammar school evaluations you come up with.
    Leftists answer to everything is TAX THE RICH

6. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,341 Times in 5,714 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 374 Times in 355 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    Wages.

If you cannot see where that inevitably leads, then it's an act of willful ignorance on your part. You're being deliberately obtuse because you don't want to admit your judgment sucks. That's bad faith.
    you're not very bright , are you

and it's actually frightening , they think by giving our government more of our money, the government will thereby spend it wisely and all will be bliss

I'm telling you they have lost their minds, don't believe me, think about that premise for a sec
    This just In::: Trump indicted for living in liberals heads and not paying RENT

C̶N̶N̶ SNN.... Shithole News Network

Trump Is Coming back to a White House Near you

7. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    What Taxing the Rich Could Yield

The post WWII economy pre-Reaganomics/neoliberal economic system.
    Really? So you want to go back to a Europe that has been obliterated by war. Japan in shambles after two nukes forced their surrender. When China was inept economically and millions starved. When Russia annexed countries and formed the Soviet Blok? That is what you want? The lack of global competition greatly aided our recovery from the great Depression and WWII.

8. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,219 Times in 3,171 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 239 Times in 227 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iolo View Post
    Well, if they steal everything, the mugs starve. Meanwhile they prevent the development of as normal health service, so the poor die, despite the system's costing twice what it should. It is amazing you mugs can read and write, fair play!
    So, let's see... if we take the entire $618B from those rich in the OP that doesn't even cover any of the first five years of Obama's debt run up. So then what?

9. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 313 Times in 276 Posts

Wow. Stupid Democrats want to increase taxes on our job creators.

10. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    The rich take the risk to build the company and have the talent to sustain it.
    BULLSHIT.

Have you ever worked for a company before?

You know that the rich don't build anything, the workers do.

Rich people don't create jobs, they hire employees.

Demand creates jobs, and if you stifle demand by keeping wages flat, then you're going to cause a recession.

he workers have to make not only their own worth but a profit back to the owner to justify employing him.
    Rich people don't do shit. They don't create jobs. They don't create demand.

11. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Well, we've been cutting taxes for 40 years and it hasn't delivered on a single promise you've made of them.

12. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Getin the ring View Post
    you're not very bright , are yo
    You support Trump, and that makes you the stupidest person in this conversation.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

christiefan915 (01-02-2019)

14. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

and it's actually frightening , they think by giving our government more of our money, the government will thereby spend it wisely and all will be bliss
    Spending money on health care and education is wisely spending money.

Spending money on tax cuts for the rich hasn't delivered on a single promise made of it.

40 years of your trickle-down hasn't resulted in any of the lofty guarantees you've made.

The market is down for the year thanks to your tax cut.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to LV426 For This Post:

Frank Apisa (12-27-2018)

16. #29 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,185 Times in 7,629 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,051 Times in 998 Posts

to who? so essentially penalizing someone for being successful? very American of you Frank

to who, again if you want to live in a free society, where your success is only limited by your ambition, isn't that what America stands for Frank, I'm confused why you don't get that

so in your America we should tax someones money, especially someone who has enough to leave some to their children, at a "much higher rate", that's your words
    and then
    tax that money again after it is passed down, I assume at a "much larger rate" also?

why are you so bitter and confused frank, did a rich guy do something to you at some point, is this personal with you, Frank?

And another question about your "end game"
    this extra tax money that the government collects under your system, they are going to spend it wisely? maybe we can pass a law that says all of this additional tax money from rich people MUST BE USED WISELY!!!!
    really Frank?
    American conservatives will never understand humanity. They have none...so I guess they suppose no one else does either.

There is no explaining any of this to you people. The sane, reasonable, intelligent people will just have to go around you people...and work to make the planet a better place.

It'll happen.

17. #30 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    Really? So you want to go back to a Europe that has been obliterated by war. Japan in shambles after two nukes forced their surrender. When China was inept economically and millions starved. When Russia annexed countries and formed the Soviet Blok? That is what you want? The lack of global competition greatly aided our recovery from the great Depression and WWII.
    Europe was rebuilt using taxpayer dollars via the Marshall Plan. That's why all those western European countries have such great infrastructure, cleaner elections, and universal health care.