Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: What Taxing the Rich Could Yield

1. #151 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,010 Times in 8,569 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 498 Times in 487 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LV426 View Post
    He says all liberals think anyone who attained wealth cheated.

I said that liberals don't believe everyone who attained wealth cheated, but that many did.

He takes that as affirmation of his straw man when it completely says the opposite.

Now he's just trying to shift the goalposts so he doesn't have to admit he's full of shit. Because if he admitted that, he might also have to admit that what he believes is full of shit. And if he admitted that, he'd have to admit his judgment and instincts aren't as good as he wants people to think.

He's a selfish asshole.
    Your mother cheated you when the bitch didn't abort you.

2. #152 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,761 Times in 4,510 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 185 Times in 181 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CFM View Post
    She has a reading comprehension problem. She bases that entire post on the lie that I said "all liberals think anyone who attained wealth cheated."

I never said that.

3. #153 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,432 Times in 12,044 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,699 Times in 1,647 Posts
    Blog Entries

SEDITION: incitement of resistance to or insurrection against lawful authority.

4. #154 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Yours cheated humanity when she didn't you.

5. #155 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by USFREEDOM911 View Post
    Yeah, he's the guy who really ramped up the neoliberal societal wealth redistribution to the aristocracy, and then it became utterly bipartisan.

6. #156 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Apisa View Post
    You are a fucking moron, IHA.

For you...and the other fucking American conservative morons who do not see what is happening...

...I ask:

What would it take for you to see the disparity as a major problem?

Would .01% of the people owning 75% of the wealth of the nation be enough?

Would 5% owning 90% of the wealth be enough?

Would 20% owning 90% of the wealth be enough?

Just how bad would things have to get for you idiots to even SEE that the problem exists?
    I don’t see income disparity as a problem. Never will. What someone else has or doesn’t have has zero bearing on what I have, don’t have or more importantly my happiness

Buffett and Gates have more money than I could ever dream of having, but it is irrelevant to my life.

Gates can’t force me to do anything can he? I don’t use any Microsoft products so from where I sit, I have more impact on his life in that sense

7. The Following User Says Thank You to canceled.2021.1 For This Post:

Irish Exit (12-27-2018)

8. #157 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post
    I don’t see income disparity as a problem. Never will. What someone else has or doesn’t have has zero bearing on what I have, don’t have or more importantly my happiness

Buffett and Gates have more money than I could ever dream of having, but it is irrelevant to my life.

Gates can’t force me to do anything can he? I don’t use any Microsoft products so from where I sit, I have more impact on his life in that sense
    I agree though Warren does own my local paper and after they tried to soak me recently with a near 50% price hike which was the second hike in a year, I no longer subscribe. The conversation went like this: "Due to changing market conditions, we had no choice but to increase your rate" "Okay well due to your rate increase, your market is now one less subscriber." "If you agree not to cancel, I can give you your old rate" "If you can give me my old rate, then changing market conditions did not require a 50% increase. Cancel it now. Today. No more."

9. #158 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Yours cheated humanity when she didn't you.
    You cheat humanity every day you don't perform a retroactive abortion on yourself.
    Last edited by CFM; 12-28-2018 at 04:48 AM.

10. #159 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by I Love America View Post

Income disparity isn't a problem. Seems the level of Frank's, etc. happiness is based on how much they can take from those they envy. Instead of working on how they better themselves, they focus on seeing how little those who make more can keep of what they've earned. As long as I'm doing better, what difference does it make if someone else does?

11. #160 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Fentoine Lum View Post
    Yeah, he's the guy who really ramped up the neoliberal societal wealth redistribution to the aristocracy, and then it became utterly bipartisan.
    You seem jealous that you'll never make anything of yourself.

12. #161 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,520 Times in 5,217 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,477 Times in 2,299 Posts

Income disparity isn't a problem. Seems the level of Frank's, etc. happiness is based on how much they can take from those they envy. Instead of working on how they better themselves, they focus on seeing how little those who make more can keep of what they've earned. As long as I'm doing better, what difference does it make if someone else does?
    One thing I have learned about leftists like Frankie and trust me they are ALL alike, that is that whatever they claim they mean exactly the opposite

When they say they don’t care about money, all they care about is money. Other people’s money

They claim to care about the poor and middle class yet support policies that harm them tremendously

I used to think that leftists like Frankie were just misguided, but now I come to see them as an enemy of this country no less dangerous than Al Queda or ISIS. I know to some that may seem dramatic and over the top but the democrat party of which Frankie is a member is ccommitted to destroying what is great about this country just like the aforementioned terror groups.

As I see it, President Trump stands alone in protecting us from the dangers of the democrat party and I stand with him until the end.

13. #162 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cawacko View Post
    Interesting you think Libertarians are at the bottom of any bucket. They were for gay marriage and against discrimination far before the democrats and republicans. They were against the war on drugs and the militarization of the police while republicans and democrats were fighting over who could make more punitive laws and punishments
    Glad you find it interesting, ca.

Libertarians primarily are for chaos and anarchy; that is where the natural extension of Libertarianism leads.

I very strongly oppose both those things...so much so that I am willing to disregard the parts of the libertarian "philosophy" that I favor.

We can have all the things I consider good from that "philosophy"...without succumbing to chaos and anarchy. But we cannot have libertarian dominance without both chaos and anarchy.

14. #163 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul View Post
    The rich take the risk to build the company and have the talent to sustain it. The workers have to make not only their own worth but a profit back to the owner to justify employing him.

But that is just your distraction from my earlier point. What resource, specifically, is limiting such that the rich take it all and mugs go without?
    What risk, except to their stolen money? The answer to your question: power to exploit everyone else and destroy the world.
    Last edited by iolo; 12-28-2018 at 07:00 AM.

15. #164 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,456 Times in 2,386 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 941 Times in 861 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Superfreak View Post
    So, let's see... if we take the entire $618B from those rich in the OP that doesn't even cover any of the first five years of Obama's debt run up. So then what?
    What are you on about now then?

16. #165 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 12,252 Times in 7,662 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,055 Times in 1,002 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    Your error is thinking libertarians are in a conservative bucket. There are as many in the liberal trash as the conservative trash.

The problem with your question is that is presumes that at some magical number inequality is too high and you would want to impose some oppressive government action you would see as a solution to the problem.

I think income inequality may be a more important measure than wealth inequality. And, less inequality does not necessarily equal a good situation. A very poor nation is bad for everybody although inequality is low. The inequality index should be measured after taxes and transfers because countries like the U. S. have a very progressive income tax and spend a lot in social welfare which are not included in poverty levels or income data.

Discussing what level of inequality is too much is less important than policy responses.
    As I said...the questions are NOT silly...but uncomfortable for people of your mindset.

Too bad that.

BOTTOM LINE: The disparity...under the circumstances which prevail...ALREADY IS TOO GREAT TO ALLOW TO CONTINUE.

ALREADY!

If you want to discuss magical ways to deal with that problem...perhaps we can. But first we have to acknowledge that a problem exists. No use devising a solution...and then searching for a problem to use it on.

I, like many others here, HAVE acknowledged that the problem exists.

So far, you (and others like you) haven't. You are unwilling to even contemplate a hypothetical where you would see a need for a solution...because you apparently cannot envision a problem.