Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What should we make of the accidental president?

1. #1 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,324 Times in 2,774 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 215 Times in 209 Posts

Default What should we make of the accidental president?

First, I don't understand how anyone can trust him an inch. I deplore what I see of his character, his instincts, and his record long before as well as during his presidency. If he hasn't acted criminally at some point - believing it his right to do so - it would be a miracle.

Otoh, I would be quite surprised if he knowingly colluded with Russian agents in 2016 - only because, if I were running an operation to subvert the election, I sure as hell wouldn't confide in him.

An ignoramus who thinks he's a genius is the most dangerous thing to have in the White House. Some Republicans can see that, but they are gambling that he can be kept under control even now. I hope they are right and he doesn't do too much damage before we see the back of him.

For the record, I'm not a "lefty" except from a RWNJ perspective, and I don't have a "syndrome". I have voted for moderate conservatives more than once, but Trump is something else.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tranquillus in Exile For This Post:

iolo (12-26-2018), kudzu (12-25-2018), mak2 (12-26-2018), rjhenn (12-25-2018)

3. #2 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillus in Exile View Post
    First, I don't understand how anyone can trust him an inch. I deplore what I see of his character, his instincts, and his record long before as well as during his presidency. If he hasn't acted criminally at some point - believing it his right to do so - it would be a miracle.

Otoh, I would be quite surprised if he knowingly colluded with Russian agents in 2016 - only because, if I were running an operation to subvert the election, I sure as hell wouldn't confide in him.

An ignoramus who thinks he's a genius is the most dangerous thing to have in the White House. Some Republicans can see that, but they are gambling that he can be kept under control even now. I hope they are right and he doesn't do too much damage before we see the back of him.

For the record, I'm not a "lefty" except from a RWNJ perspective, and I don't have a "syndrome". I have voted for moderate conservatives more than once, but Trump is something else.
    I agree with you and I don't think Putin confides in Trump or tells him what to do.. He doesn't have to.. Trump is cowed by Putin.. Look at how he lashes out at everybody and everything, but NEVER a word about Putin.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

jimmymccready (12-25-2018), rjhenn (12-25-2018), Tranquillus in Exile (12-25-2018)

5. #3 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 3 Times in 3 Posts

I say let's make him the ex president.
    There are none so blind as those who will not see

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stoned For This Post:

kudzu (12-25-2018), rjhenn (12-25-2018)

7. #4 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stoned View Post
    I say let's make him the ex president.
    This poem written by Wm Butler Yeats was written after WW!.

Here's part of it. The Second Coming...

Surely some revelation is at hand;
    Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
    The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
    When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
    Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
    A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
    A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
    Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
    Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
    The darkness drops again; but now I know
    That twenty centuries of stony sleep
    Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
    And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
    Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

8. The Following User Groans At kudzu For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (12-25-2018)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to kudzu For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (12-25-2018)

10. #5 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Evangelicals 'Mostly Sure' Trump Not the Antichrist, Poll Finds

https://www.christianpost.com/news/e...oll-finds.html

11. The Following User Groans At Tranquillus in Exile For This Awful Post:

PostmodernProphet (12-25-2018)

12. #6 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Blog Entries

Evangelicals 'Mostly Sure' Trump Not the Antichrist, Poll Finds

https://www.christianpost.com/news/e...oll-finds.html

LOLOL

Excerpt:

Barnum/Bailey Group President David Bourne Everday, who helped oversee the poll, noted that respondents who labeled themselves Trump supporters were more likely to answer "mostly sure."

"About two-thirds of evangelicals in our study who identified themselves as Trump supporters stated that they were 'mostly sure' that he was not the Antichrist," said Everday.

"We found that 2 percent of Trump supporters in our poll were 'totally sure,' making them the only respondents in the entire poll to answer with that response."

Data for the survey was gathered via email and telephone calls from February 30-31, with a sample space of some 3,000 evangelicals, approximately 2,600 of whom were registered voters.

The "evangelical" category was further broken down into the subcategories of "Non-Denominational," "Southern Baptist," "Presbyterian," "Methodist," "Emergent," "Divergent," "Insurgent," "Allegiant" and "Hand-Raisers."

Of those categories, respondents who identified themselves as "Southern Baptist" were the surest that Trump was not in fact the Antichrist, with 78 percent saying they were "mostly sure."

SBC Spokesman Shout Newpork believes that the reason for this assurance was most likely due to Trump missing some of the key attributes of the infamous figure.

"Well first and foremost," began Newpork, "if Donald Trump were the Antichrist, he would know his Bible WAAAAYYYY better than that. I mean, 'Two Corinthians'? Are you serious, bro?"

Over the past several months, Trump has become a lightning rod for controversy as well as the front-runner for the Republican nomination.

His charismatic speaking (as in "compelling," not "in tongues") and seemingly unnatural popularity has led some to ponder that Trump's rise was foretold in the Book of Revelation.

"What a bunch of rubbish!" stated Robert Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Dallas and a rumored vice presidential pick for Trump.

"First of all, everyone knows that Hillary Rodham Clinton is the Antichrist. And second of all, all this bashing of Donald is just liberal hypocrisy. Pure and simple."

Jeffress later clarified that Clinton was not actually the Antichrist, but rather if elected would simply lead to the eventual rise of the Antichrist, who is very definitely Elizabeth Warren.

Others were not as confident. Hiding in his bunker at an undisclosed location, Max Lucado explained that the signs were too plausible to ignore.

"I am not saying with certainty that a President Trump would establish a one-world-government and lead large armies against the Elect," Lucado noted, as he ordered more buckets of food from Jim Bakker.

"I am just saying that it never hurts to be careful. Especially if you are someone who has ever uttered an unkind or critical word about Trump, as I have."

A small group of respondents were okay with Trump being the Antichrist.

In the comments, one respondent asserted: "Sure, he could be the Antichrist, but he'll shake up Washington, which is just what this country needs."

Another respondent wrote: "C'mon. All Trump is saying is that he'll give us the kingdoms of this world if we simply bow to him. Does that sound like Satan to you?"

13. #7 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,108 Times in 3,183 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 137 Times in 133 Posts
    Blog Entries

"Accidental" suggests that no one is at fault.

There is little difference between a syndrome and an obsession when it comes to Trump.

Happy holidays.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Controlled Opposition For This Post:

Tranquillus in Exile (12-25-2018)

15. #8 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Khashoggi soup?

16. #9 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans

Quote Originally Posted by Controlled Opposition View Post
    "Accidental" suggests that no one is at fault.

There is little difference between a syndrome and an obsession when it comes to Trump.

Happy holidays.
    Happy holidays, C.O. and all.

You think he was put there by some kind of conspiracy? I can almost believe it. It certainly wasn't a majority of the people. Whoever it was, they did a good job of effing up America.

17. #10 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,734 Times in 3,515 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 291 Times in 282 Posts
    Blog Entries

Happy holidays, C.O. and all.

You think he was put there by some kind of conspiracy? I can almost believe it. It certainly wasn't a majority of the people. Whoever it was, they did a good job of effing up America.
    No, americans have sat and watched it all go down impotently.

18. #11 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,182 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 610 Times in 560 Posts

"His record", such as?

An ignoramus who thinks he's a genius is the most dangerous thing to have in the White House.
    An "ignoramus" because?

Some Republicans can see that, but they are gambling that he can be kept under control even now. I hope they are right and he doesn't do too much damage before we see the back of him.
    "Some Republicans" such as? Name names and tell us what they see?
    "Government is force by definition and corruption by nature. The bigger the government, the greater the force and the greater the corruption."

19. #12 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,433 Times in 2,367 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 888 Times in 802 Posts
    Blog Entries

Only the malignant or the ignorami defend Trump.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to jimmymccready For This Post:

rjhenn (12-25-2018)

21. #13 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,780 Times in 1,484 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 639 Times in 611 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    LOLOL

Excerpt:

Barnum/Bailey Group President David Bourne Everday, who helped oversee the poll, noted that respondents who labeled themselves Trump supporters were more likely to answer "mostly sure."

"About two-thirds of evangelicals in our study who identified themselves as Trump supporters stated that they were 'mostly sure' that he was not the Antichrist," said Everday.

"We found that 2 percent of Trump supporters in our poll were 'totally sure,' making them the only respondents in the entire poll to answer with that response."

Data for the survey was gathered via email and telephone calls from February 30-31, with a sample space of some 3,000 evangelicals, approximately 2,600 of whom were registered voters.

The "evangelical" category was further broken down into the subcategories of "Non-Denominational," "Southern Baptist," "Presbyterian," "Methodist," "Emergent," "Divergent," "Insurgent," "Allegiant" and "Hand-Raisers."

Of those categories, respondents who identified themselves as "Southern Baptist" were the surest that Trump was not in fact the Antichrist, with 78 percent saying they were "mostly sure."

SBC Spokesman Shout Newpork believes that the reason for this assurance was most likely due to Trump missing some of the key attributes of the infamous figure.

"Well first and foremost," began Newpork, "if Donald Trump were the Antichrist, he would know his Bible WAAAAYYYY better than that. I mean, 'Two Corinthians'? Are you serious, bro?"

Over the past several months, Trump has become a lightning rod for controversy as well as the front-runner for the Republican nomination.

His charismatic speaking (as in "compelling," not "in tongues") and seemingly unnatural popularity has led some to ponder that Trump's rise was foretold in the Book of Revelation.

"What a bunch of rubbish!" stated Robert Jeffress, senior pastor of First Baptist Church of Dallas and a rumored vice presidential pick for Trump.

"First of all, everyone knows that Hillary Rodham Clinton is the Antichrist. And second of all, all this bashing of Donald is just liberal hypocrisy. Pure and simple."

Jeffress later clarified that Clinton was not actually the Antichrist, but rather if elected would simply lead to the eventual rise of the Antichrist, who is very definitely Elizabeth Warren.

Others were not as confident. Hiding in his bunker at an undisclosed location, Max Lucado explained that the signs were too plausible to ignore.

"I am not saying with certainty that a President Trump would establish a one-world-government and lead large armies against the Elect," Lucado noted, as he ordered more buckets of food from Jim Bakker.

"I am just saying that it never hurts to be careful. Especially if you are someone who has ever uttered an unkind or critical word about Trump, as I have."

A small group of respondents were okay with Trump being the Antichrist.

In the comments, one respondent asserted: "Sure, he could be the Antichrist, but he'll shake up Washington, which is just what this country needs."

Another respondent wrote: "C'mon. All Trump is saying is that he'll give us the kingdoms of this world if we simply bow to him. Does that sound like Satan to you?"
    Jeffress is clearly deep in TDS. Most evangelicals were hoping that Trump would turn out to be the antichrist.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RINO is the term for that rare Republican who puts country above party.

Right wing = lie, lie, and lie some more.

"When I am president I'm going to be working for you. I'm not going to have time to play golf" Donald J. Trump, world class snake oil salesman and compulsive golfer August 2016

The definition of "racist" as "anyone who is white" is itself racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Powell
    It’s now ‘me the president’ instead of ‘we the people’

22. #14 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,121 Times in 2,441 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 265 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

You are a lefty. Lefty like those who thanked your post.
    The Truth Does Not Need To Be Supported With Censorship.

23. The Following User Groans At Evmetro For This Awful Post:

Nordberg (12-25-2018)

24. #15 | Top
    Thanks
    Groans
    Groaned 0 Times in 0 Posts

What should we make of the accidental president?
    Hog chow?
    Don't tell PETA.