Impressive.

2. #17 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kudzu View Post
    The practice of Cherokee and other Southeast Native Americans identifying as "Black Dutch" may have originated during and after the 1830s Indian Removal era. They may have attempted to "pass" and avoid being removed to Indian Territory or stigmatized by what became a majority Anglo-American society.

Some Native Americans, mainly from the Five Civilized Tribes of the Southeast, claimed "Black Dutch" or "Black Irish" heritage in order to purchase land in areas which United States treaties and other laws had reserved for people of European descent.

Once they owned the land, such families who had escaped forced removal would not admit to their Native American heritage, for fear of losing their property.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-Dutch
    As someone with Oglala in my veins, I've studied Native culture and heritage for many years, but I've never heard of that story .. which is not to suggest that it isn't true, just that I've never heard it.

My study concentrated on the fascinating dynamic between Native people and African-Americans, particularly during slavery. Absolutely fascinating history.

Thanks, I'll have to look up the black Dutch.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

evince (12-18-2018)

4. #18 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,180 Times in 2,409 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 244 Times in 225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Havana Moon View Post
    Used to be pretty much zero, first time I heard of a black Irishman was Phil Lynott of Thin Lizzy.
    I've never been clear if Tom Jones is Bi-Racial at the very least.

5. #19 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Centerleftfl View Post
    I haven't heard that term in AGES! Are we talking 'black and Irish'? Or 'black Irish'. There is a difference. I might be 'black Irish'. DNA that hailed from the invaders from "SPAIN".
    For those who don't know the history 'invaders', the SPANISH Armada, came to Ireland back in the 16th century (I believe around then).

Now of COURSE 'black and Irish' will be discriminated against in Ireland.

PS I'm betting a MAJORITY of AFRICAN AMERICANS who DESCENDED FROM US SLAVES here are 'black Irish' at the DNA level. Most African American's have what about 17-20% EUROPEAN DNA? How much is Irish? Anyone see Gone with the Wind?
    black Irish is popular term for being of Irish blood and having olive skin and dark hair and brown eyes.

ME

the OP is discussing actual black irish people

being an Irish citizen and having african decent

go to any nation and then look at the people who differ from the norm in an inherited obvious way and unless the NON NORM people hold most of the power they will be discriminated against

think of how people wont buy brown eggs because they are used to seeing white eggs.

the only difference between brown shelled eggs and white shelled eggs is that the shell has a brown color

peoples brains are wired to use a discerning eye and spot differences as a way to feed themselves and avoid harm

science allows us to now KNOW for a fact what is harmfull and what is not without having to depend on surface cues and avoiding things that could actually sustain us and benefit us

if you accept science you have a better chance of surviving and benifiting your own life and to avoid haplessly trashing things that are perfectly useful

SCIENCE tells us all that there are no real differences between the races and that IN FACT we all are a family that came from Africa and are all africans

anyone who denies science denies the BEST INFORMATION TO DATE

that is why racists are always the brain twisted idiots of every society

some of them have power and money

they are still the brain twisted idiots of society

Being a racist proves society needs to cull you from leadership be cause you are illogical

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

blackascoal (12-18-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-18-2018)

7. #20 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Yes he may well have a touch of the tarbrush, as we used to say over here in a less PC obsessed era.
    Last edited by cancel2 2022; 12-18-2018 at 09:58 AM.

8. #21 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,294 Times in 8,007 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,132 Times in 1,059 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post
    black Irish is popular term for being of Irish blood and having olive skin and dark hair and brown eyes.

ME

go to any nation and then look at the people who differ from the norm in an inherited obvious way and unless the NON NORM people hold most of the power they will be discriminated against

think of how people wont buy brown eggs because they are used to seeing white eggs.

the only difference between brown shelled eggs and white shelled eggs is that the shell has a brown color

peoples brains are wired to use a discerning eye and spot differences as a way to feed themselves and avoid harm

science allows us to now KNOW for a fact what is harmfull and what is not without having to depend on surface cues and avoiding things that could actually sustain us and benefit us

if you accept science you have a better chance of surviving and benifiting your own life and to avoid haplessly trashing things that are perfectly useful

SCIENCE tells us all that there are no real differences between the races and that IN FACT we all are a family that came from Africa and are all africans

Being a racist proves society needs to cull you from leadership be cause you are illogical
    Truth absolutely.
    AMERICAN HISTORY ITSELF IS A TESTAMENT TO THE STRENGTH AND RESILIENCE OF AFRICAN PEOPLE. WE, ALONG WITH THE COURGE AND SACRIFICES OF CONSCIOUS WHITE AMERICANS, LIKE VIOLA LIUZZO, EVERETT DIRKSEN, AND MANY OTHERS, HAVE FOUGHT AND DIED TOGETHER FOR OUR FREEDOM, AND FOR OUR SURVIVAL.

In America, rights are are not determined by what is just, fair, equitable, honest, nor by what Jesus would do. Rights are determined ONLY by what you can DEMAND.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to blackascoal For This Post:

evince (12-18-2018)

10. #22 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,503 Times in 27,049 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 19,565 Times in 18,156 Posts
    Blog Entries

racial hate is stupidity that has no basis in fact

It in fact is harmful to the family of mankind

anyone who embraces this stupidity is not fit for any leadership role in society

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to evince For This Post:

blackascoal (12-18-2018), Guno צְבִי (12-18-2018)

12. #23 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,051 Times in 26,519 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 4,742 Times in 4,521 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kacper View Post
    Costello is relatively common surname in Ireland and that has Spanish origin.

13. #24 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,540 Times in 9,991 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,099 Times in 1,011 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guno View Post
    Black Irish citizens are twice as likely to experience discrimination in seeking employment as white Irish residents and black non-Irish people are five times more likely to experience discrimination, new research has found.

The survey also discovered that when in employment, black non-Irish workers are more than two-and-a-half times more likely to be discriminated against.

The report Ethnicity and Nationality in the Irish Labour Market was jointly published on Tuesday by the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission (IHREC) and the Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).

Frances McGinnity of the ESRI, the lead author, said different ethnic groups have different experiences even when they are all Irish citizens.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/soci...tion-1.3734589

American black citizens are 30% more likely to commit murder

14. #25 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,151 Times in 10,077 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 2,450 Times in 2,265 Posts
    Blog Entries

So, rather than 'Black Irish', meaning one thing, ... guno should have said 'African-Irish'? Is that what you are saying?
    (You know, like 'African-French', 'African-Mexican', or 'African-Israeli')

Quote Originally Posted by evince View Post

ME

15. #26 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,679 Times in 16,485 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 585 Times in 561 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by volsrock View Post
    American black citizens are 30% more likely to commit murder
    That percentage will reduce as the herd of folks like you are thinned out.

16. #27 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,879 Times in 6,106 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 594 Times in 580 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blackascoal View Post
    As someone with Oglala in my veins, I've studied Native culture and heritage for many years, but I've never heard of that story .. which is not to suggest that it isn't true, just that I've never heard it.

My study concentrated on the fascinating dynamic between Native people and African-Americans, particularly during slavery. Absolutely fascinating history.

Thanks, I'll have to look up the black Dutch.
    You might also want to look up Melongeons and/or Red Bones.. Sometimes called Portugee.
    He who is the author of a war lets loose the whole contagion of hell and opens a vein that bleeds a nation to death. Thomas Paine

17. #28 | Top
    Thanks
    Thanked 23,539 Times in 14,028 Posts
    Groans
    Groaned 1,451 Times in 1,370 Posts
    Blog Entries

I bet if some on this board had DNA tests for ancestry they would be very surprised
    “If we have to have a choice between being dead and pitied, and being alive with a bad image, we’d rather be alive and have the bad image.”

— Golda Meir

Zionism is the movement for the self-determination and statehood for the Jewish people in their ancestral homeland, the land of Israel.

ברוך השם

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Guno צְבִי For This Post:

kudzu (12-18-2018)